Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud, Stripping Control of Key Properties

So all of you defending Trump already made your donations right?

https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/us-new...l-fraud-trial/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/us-new...l-fraud-trial/
    The judge will rule that money is tainted and cannot used.

Or "GoFundMe" will shut it down.

Watch.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Ok, the orange one can do no wrong and runs big beautiful perfect businesses, you all win. I explained, you all don't accept the reality of the situation, I'm done.

You really believe that the blatantly biased prosecutors initiated this case due to their moral outrage?

https://rumble.com/v1fh3nd-attorney-...a-james-1.html

This was so incredibly "anti-competitive" that they had to do something...

I'm assuming they'll be announcing the prosecution of other NY developers any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    That's the case in this situation. It doesn't mean that the county assessed value isn't almost always dramatically lower, and just about anyone who ever took out a mortgage would be guilty by the standards set forth by this Marxist judge.
    I should have continued my thought.
    I'm going by, the "premium loan value" is as a residence which as far as the lenders ability to recover money in case of a default is what matters. Lender forecloses, it sells Mara Lago as a private residence. The taxed value doesn't matter. Not that you are saying one way or the other.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-17-2024 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    You really believe that the blatantly biased prosecutors initiated this case due to their moral outrage?

https://rumble.com/v1fh3nd-attorney-...a-james-1.html

This was so incredibly "anti-competitive" that they had to do something...

I'm assuming they'll be announcing the prosecution of other NY developers any day now.
    No, they were out to get Trump. This is a selective prosecution, many others do the same and got away with it. That doesn't mean Trump isn't guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The judge will rule that money is tainted and cannot used.

Or "GoFundMe" will shut it down.

Watch.

That would not surprise me.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, they were out to get Trump. This is a selective prosecution, many others do the same and got away with it. That doesn't mean Trump isn't guilty of it.

It's difficult to say whether Trump actually did anything wrong.

Especially if the Judge/court applied the same valuations to the rest of his assets.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/27/donald...-300m-sources/

A New York judge’s Tuesday ruling valuing Donald Trump’s sprawling, headline-making Florida estate at $18 million has left industry experts perplexed.

One prominent Palm Beach real estate broker, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told The Post, “It’s utterly delusional to think that property is only worth $18 million.”

The insider added, “If that property were on the market today, I would list it at around $300 million, minimum … at least. He also has the separate golf course minutes away.”

To put it in perspective, a 2-acre wooded lot at 1980 S. Ocean Blvd., just 5 minutes from Mar-a-Lago, is currently listed for $150 million.

Mar-a-Lago, situated at 1100 S. Ocean Blvd., dwarfs this lot tenfold and operates as a commercial business with around 500 members as part of the golf club.

Also nearby: a 2.3-acre plot of land at 1063/1071 N. Ocean Blvd., on the market for a sky-high $200 million.

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate boasts a sprawling 20 acres.

Forbes had appraised the property, which is made up of 128 rooms, at approximately $160 million in 2018 following extensive renovations and its exclusive Palm Beach location on Billionaires’ Row.
    Last edited by unknown; 02-18-2024 at 04:44 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

From the comments:

Granting Summary Judgment, instead of letting the case go to a jury, only happens where there is no material issue of fact in dispute for a jury to consider.

As a civil litigator in NYC, I can tell you that each & every material fact of this frivolous case is in dispute; from the statute of limitations, all the way to Mar-A-Lago's valuation.

I am a licensed attorney in NJ and NY and I agree with your post.

There must have been significant, well thought out, highly compelling expert affidavits in support of the government's SJ motion and in support of DJT's opposition to same.

I just can't fathom that the defendants' experts opinions failed to raise material issues of fact warranting a trial, and not conducive to being dismissed on a SJ motion.

The Judge's obvious and documentable misstatements of fact will be the basis for the appeal.

Why even have a trial if the Judge is going to just declare somebody guilty without even hearing expert testimony?

This case depends on an understanding of market value, vs assessed value, vs insured value.

If you are not in the real estate game, you probably don't know why these values differ on the same property.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

https://twitter.com/chicago1ray/stat...74105446838535

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Lender forecloses, it sells Mara Lago as a private residence.
    The conservation easement Trump put on the property limited its use to that of a social club. See post # 26 in this thread.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Ok, the orange one can do no wrong and runs big beautiful perfect businesses, you all win. I explained, you all don't accept the reality of the situation, I'm done.
    No one said any such thing. You are projecting your own absurd binary onto others.

You really aren't capable of understanding anything except in terms of it being "for" or "against" Trump, are you?

"Defending Trump" (on one hand) and opposing the state for engaging in blatantly - and in this case, even explicitly - politically-motivated litigation in which no victims can be identified and no damages can be specified (on the other hand) are entirely different things.

Those "many others [who] do the same and got away with it" did not do anything wrong, either. Neither Trump nor they should be considered to be "guilty" of anything (and not just because the legal concept of "guilt" does not apply in civil cases).

And you can just stow your hand-waving shuck-and-jive bull$#@! about hypothetical wannabe borrowers who supposedly didn't get loans "because Trump". For one thing, would-be borrowers are not entitled to loans just because they want them. For another thing, one could just as easily argue that more borrowers, not fewer, ended up getting loans "because Trump", since Trump paid back the loans in full and with interest (thereby supplying the bank with more loanable assets). It's all just a flimsy excuse for pretending that Trump is somehoe "guilty" of something in this case.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-18-2024 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I should have continued my thought.
    I'm going by, the "premium loan value" is as a residence which as far as the lenders ability to recover money in case of a default is what matters. Lender forecloses, it sells Mara Lago as a private residence. The taxed value doesn't matter. Not that you are saying one way or the other.
    For sure. My only point is that just about everyone has a different assessed value for tax and loan purposes. It might not be this extreme, but it's usually a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The conservation easement Trump put on the property limited its use to that of a social club. See post # 26 in this thread.
    That easement can be easily terminated. The property value would then be quickly reassessed closer to it's true value. The conservation easement is a deal that was made. While Trump pays significantly less tax, having one of the most (if not the most) prestigious social clubs on their barrier island tremendously increases the value of the surrounding properties. The county gets their value back from everyone else's taxes. At this point, that likely wouldn't change if it was sold, and the county would likely be happy to get the increase in taxes.

At least she's being honest about the targeted persecution.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...o-worry-about/

Last edited by unknown; 02-18-2024 at 07:15 PM.

So basically the Government steals his property and extorts a half billion dollars from them.
    This is a better gig than trying to stop travelers to seize cash.
    If you are being framed by a rival you would hope you could plead your case to the court.
    When the court is framing you, you are screwed.
    Truly any person alive is only afforded limited security status at the Governments discretion.
    You are a criminal and you don't even know it. What you thought was yours is really the Governments..

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    That easement can be easily terminated.
    Hardly. Under Florida law the easement is perpetual. Florida Statutes 704.06:

(2) Conservation easements are perpetual, undivided interests in property and may be created or stated in the form of a restriction, easement, covenant, or condition in any deed, will, or other instrument executed by or on behalf of the owner of the property, or in any order of taking.

(12) An owner of property encumbered by a conservation easement must abide by the requirements of chapter 712 or any other similar law or rule to preserve the conservation easement in perpetuity.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0704.06.html

Incidentally, the easement was granted to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, not the local government.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Here’s how Trump could dump his NY empire to pay his $355M civil fraud ruling — with the ex-prez’s iconic NYC tower even being on the chopping block

Luxe Manhattan skyscrapers, championship-caliber golf courses, and a 200-acre Westchester estate could all be up for grabs as Donald Trump strains to pay the $355 million civil fraud ruling that a New York judge slapped him with this week.

A host of Trump properties in Manhattan, Westchester, and the Hudson Valley — even his iconic $348 million Trump Tower — could end up on the chopping block, sources told The Post, as a 30-day deadline to pay the fine imposed by Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron looms.
    “The glaring disconnect between $355 million in fines and $0 in actual damages raises obvious concerns over grossly excessive awards,” Turley said. “In extreme cases, it can be a violation of due process under the federal constitution.”

But before any other court can review Engoron’s decision, Trump will have to pay hundreds of millions out of a portfolio based mainly on residential properties, commercial buildings, and resort holdings in New York City and around the world.

That could put any of Trump’s New York properties — including two of his 18 golf resorts, his $248 million tower at 40 Wall Street, a $283 million commercial building at 6 East 57th Street, the $30 million Seven Springs estate in Westchester County, and Trump’s longtime penthouse home in Fifth Avenue’s Trump Tower — under threat.
    “The amount he will have to put up will be in excess of $450 million, just to appeal,” a person familiar with the case told The Post.

In civil matters, it’s customary for judges to require up to 120% of a fine to be held in escrow while the case wends its way through the court system.
    Engoron’s ruling slapped a 9% interest charge on top of Trump’s fine, which will accrue daily until it’s paid.

And Trump will have to collect the money fast: he has just 30 days to come up with the cash, or to find a surety company to guarantee it for him – using some of his properties as collateral.

No bank that does business in New York is permitted to lend to the former president, under the terms of Engoron’s ruling.

“By imposing an astronomical award, Engoron made it difficult to even appeal his decision,” Turley said, calling it “one of the most insidious aspects of the ruling.”
    https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/us-new...-fraud-ruling/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...71497678700556

Holy $#@!, you have to pay before you can appeal...

Justice system seems... unjust (tyrannical).

Holy $#@!, you have to pay before you can appeal...

Justice system seems... unjust (tyrannical).
    You might not feel that way if you were a plaintiff who recovered a monetary judgment against someone. The purpose of an appeal bond is to insure that there's money to pay you if the appeal is unsuccessful (which might take years). It also protects you against the defendant's going bankrupt during the appeal process. In addition, it deters frivolous appeals.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

You might not feel that way if you were a plaintiff who recovered a monetary judgment against someone. The purpose of an appeal bond is to insure that there's money to pay you if the appeal is unsuccessful (which might take years). It also protects you against the defendant's going bankrupt during the appeal process. In addition, it deters frivolous appeals.
    In this case, what plaintiff?

There is no damaged party to be "made whole" again.

So who gets this money?

And if there really was a injured party here, how is taking away the ability to make money helping pay this "restitution"?

He could rent out Trump Tower and some other properties to house invaders and get that judgement paid off in no time.

https://twitter.com/The_Nomad_News/s...78399033016628

Seems to me that the so called Court Cases agaisnt Trump and his "Business" isn't much about businesses but the Properties..

A bit of ironic considering NYC wants to host migrants.

Hardly. Under Florida law the easement is perpetual. Florida Statutes 704.06:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0704.06.html

Incidentally, the easement was granted to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, not the local government.
    Living in Florida now, I can tell you that nothing is perpetual. If you have the right connections, easments can go away just like that.

It's also interesting to note that, as a social club, Trump is not even supposed to be living in Mar a Lago, but he does.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Living in Florida now, I can tell you that nothing is perpetual. If you have the right connections, easments can go away just like that.

It's also interesting to note that, as a social club, Trump is not even supposed to be living in Mar a Lago, but he does.
    Why not?

Why not?
    When Trump changed it to a social club and got the easment for the tax break, the stipulation was that it could not be used as a residence. Trump basically ignored that.

When Trump changed it to a social club and got the easment for the tax break, the stipulation was that it could not be used as a residence. Trump basically ignored that.
    Ah, OK.

What about Alex Jones, he has to pay $1 Billion before he can appeal?

Ah, OK.
    It's a hotel social club. People stay there. He's staying at a room in his own hotel..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

At least she's being honest about the targeted persecution.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...o-worry-about/

https://twitter.com/Providential/sta...64588530634869

“Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.”

― Michael Crichton
    @69360
    Last edited by dannno; 02-19-2024 at 08:18 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

As it is, when going after the citizen, the State has nearly unlimited tax payer funds and resources.

Without the financial means to pay for a competent defense, the citizen will most likely be found guilty, whether he is or not.

Sounds like the State can also easily prevent the appeal of an unlawful, unjust, immoral, biased judgment, simply by imposing an arbitrarily high penalty...
    Last edited by unknown; 02-19-2024 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

https://twitter.com/Providential/sta...64588530634869

@69360
    I'm well aware others do what Trump did, that doesn't make it legal.

I'm also well aware that they targeted Trump for something others got away with.

I never once said it wasn't a selective prosectution for political reasons.

I just said that Trump did what they claimed he did.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast