Thread: "Fat Bottomed Girls" removed from Queen's newest "greatest hits" release

"Fat Bottomed Girls" removed from Queen's newest "greatest hits" release

We will woke you! Classic Queen song Fat Bottomed Girls is mysteriously dropped from the group’s new Greatest Hits collection
    - Fat Bottomed Girls has been dropped from the group's Greatest Hits collection
    - The 1978 track has been enjoyed by generations of fans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ollection.html
    [archive link: https://archive.li/yBCnF]
    Katie Hind (19 August 2023)

It is one of Queen's best-loved songs but Fat Bottomed Girls has been mysteriously dropped from the group's new Greatest Hits collection.

The 1978 track, which was written by guitarist Brian May, has been enjoyed by generations of fans as a humorous and hard-rocking tribute to a young man's appreciation of fuller-figured ladies.

But 45 years later, it appears that lyrics such as 'left alone with big fat Fanny, she was such a naughty nanny, big woman, you made a bad boy out of me' and 'fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round' have been hit by the woke cancel culture.

It was such a popular hit for Queen that it appeared fourth on the band's original 1981 greatest hits album along with Bohemian Rhapsody, Don't Stop Me Now and We Will Rock You.

But last week it was nowhere to be seen when Universal Records announced they would be releasing a version of the record on Yoto, the new audio platform aimed at young people.

The move has left music industry insiders bemused, with bosses insisting that Fat Bottomed Girls has wrongly been singled out as it is 'merely a bit of fun'.

One told The Mail on Sunday: 'It is the talk of the music industry, nobody can work out why such a good-natured, fun song can't be acceptable in today's society.

'It is woke gone mad. Why not appreciate people of all shapes and sizes like society is saying we should, rather than get rid of it.

It's outrageous.' Fat Bottomed Girls has long sparked debate about the suitability of its lyrics, and the promotional material that accompanied the release.

The original sleeve for the song, which was taken from Queen's album Jazz, featured a scantily clad female riding a bicycle but was altered after some stores refused to stock it.

The new version was the same image with knickers drawn over the woman.

May told Mojo magazine in 2008: 'I wrote it with Fred in mind, as you do, especially if you've got a great singer who likes fat bottomed girls... or boys.'

The newly released Yoto greatest hits album, released in collaboration with Queen's record label Universal, is aimed at introducing the band to a younger audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of my prized possessions is a poster of that photo without the red censor bikini bottom.

Do the wokesters realize that Freddy Mercury, a man as queeer as a three dollar bill, loved this song?

Come to think of it, Freddy was more "manly" than most these slack jawed fagggots wandering around nowadays.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

HQ vinyl rip, listen to the difference.

One Queen's best songs.

$#@! a bunch of woke Marxist killjoys.

Sing it loud!

Roger Deacon's bassline through this whole song is ten thousand tons of cool.

And I've favored "big women" all my life...listen to his bass riff through my favorite verse:

Hey, listen here
    Now I got mortgages and homes
    I got stiffness in the bones
    Ain't no beauty queens in this locality (I tell you)
    Oh, but I still get my pleasure
    Still got my greatest treasure
    Heap big woman you done made a big man of me (now get this)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-20-2023 at 11:23 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

And another thing: why are they "canceling" this glorious ode to chubby cougars, while doing nothing about Queen's song about a homicidal, machine gun toting, mass killer, who guns down his, presumed, ex-wife along with a whole discotheque full of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And another thing: why are they "canceling" this glorious ode to chubby cougars, while doing nothing about Queen's song about a homicidal, machine gun toting, mass killer, who guns down his, presumed, ex-wife along with a whole discotheque full of people?

Matt Walsh puts us all in check.

Earlier in the day (actually was probably right around the same time as the tweet video, I think it beat it though)

Last edited by dannno; 08-23-2023 at 09:45 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not exactly fake, but the headlines are deceptive by hiding the fine print.

It was just a single new music outlet that no one has heard of, and will probably fail:

But last week it was nowhere to be seen when Universal Records announced they would be releasing a version of the record on Yoto, the new audio platform aimed at young people.
    This platform caters to very small children, it’s essentially a toy (to prepare children for future consumerism). So why have Queen alongside Winnie the Pooh?

Yoto says: Get ready to rock with one of the greatest bands of all time and a collection of their legendary hits.

Remember when you first heard the vocals from “Bohemian Rhapsody”, stomped along with the beat from “We Will Rock You” or felt the groove of “Another One Bites The Dust”? Queen are one of those bands that bring generations together… and now their greatest hits are available for kids to enjoy on Yoto.

This timeless collection contains 16 classic tracks to rock out to and with over 25 million sales to date it’s one of the biggest selling albums of all time!

It’s the ideal introduction to the music of Queen for young music lovers and the perfect soundtrack to kitchen dance parties, road trip singalongs, bedtime air guitar sessions….and much much more.

NOTE: Please note that the lyrics in some of these songs contain adult themes, including occasional references to violence and drugs. These are the original and unedited recordings. Whilst no swear words are used parental discretion is advised when playing this content to or around younger children.

Track listing:
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Another One Bites The Dust
    Killer Queen
    Bicycle Race
    You're My Best Friend
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Save Me
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    Somebody To Love
    Now I'm Here
    Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
    Play The Game
    Flash
    Seven Seas Of Rhye
    We Will Rock You
    We Are The Champions
    Supposedly it is for older kids who are not yet getting a cell phone or other music player. What age is that? 12 maybe?

As far as Walsh’s critique of the song lyrics being inappropriate for small children, of course they are. Just like most pop music.

'left alone with big fat Fanny, she was such a naughty nanny, big woman, you made a bad boy out of me'
    But Walsh himself may be twisting the lyrics a bit by saying that this is about molesting a small child. Nannies in England can be around the house at any age. It’s not necessarily about a toddler. It could be about a teen “left alone” with a “naughty nanny”. This would not have been considered terribly controversial, until woke victim culture took hold in the recent past. Now, there always have to be a victim, no matter what.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-23-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    But Walsh himself may be twisting the lyrics a bit by saying that this is about molesting a small child. Nannies in England can be around the house at any age. It’s not necessarily about a toddler. It could be about a teen “left alone” with a “naughty nanny”. This would not have been considered terribly controversial, until woke victim culture took hold in the recent past. Now, there always have to be a victim, no matter what.
    Yes, correct, a nanny would take of kids of any age, a nurse would be for infants or toddlers.

Victim, hell that's my life story.

I'd love to get my hands on a chubby naughty nanny right now.

Another One Bites The Dust
    And there you have it, number two on the list.

Yes, correct, a nanny would take of kids of any age, a nurse would be for infants or toddlers.

Victim, hell that's my life story.

I'd love to get my hands on a chubby naughty nanny right now.
    True story. There was a kid in my 6th grade class (which would make us around 12?), that was devirginized by his babysitter (aka nanny). She was older than him, maybe 16?, and he was considered the luckiest boy in the class. No doubt today somebody would have to be crucified for that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    True story. There was a kid in my 6th grade class (which would make us around 12?), that was devirginized by his babysitter (aka nanny). She was older than him, maybe 16?, and he was considered the luckiest boy in the class. No doubt today somebody would have to be crucified for that.
    I was not too much older than that myself when I found my own "big fat Fanny".

Me and the first Mrs. AF were a "thing" when I was just turning 16.

And she was ten years older than me.

Yeah, today, jail all around.

I understand Matt's point, but I am so sick of seeing wandering hordes of listless, zombie, soyboys that would not know fiery libido and raging hormones if you bathed them it.

That's half the country's problem, and most of the women's problems out there: they need a right jolly rogering by a proper man.