Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump indictment #4: 2020 election RICO conspiracy [Fulton county GA]

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The recent polls show that half of those who currently poll for Trump would not support him if he has a conviction. Which is a certainty at this point if he doesn't die first. The guy is old, overweight and has to be under immense stress.
    Well, maybe half is enough.

Or maybe it won't be.

I'd vote for DeSantis if he came out on top in a primary where he actually competed for votes. But, if he's content to just sit back and let some liberal DA in Atlanta get rid of his political opposition for him . . . well, I reckon I'd stay home. That, to me, would be fairly indicative that DeSantis is working with the left.

At least Ramaswamy is speaking out against these farcical indictments, calling it like it is. Probably why he pulled ahead of DeSantis recently. (I suppose he'll start hitting Ramaswamy on his citizenship and eligibility, which leaves . . . Pence, Christie, Haley, —oof. They might have a chance actually.)

FWIW, I'd still be jealous of you, because your governor would still be better than mine and you'd at least get to keep him 2 more years.

To be clear, no one prosecuting Trump actually gives a $#@! what Trump did, they just hope they can manage to show he did something so they can proceed with their primary intention of keeping him off the ballot. They know the sentence they want, they just need to find charges. Kinda backwards IMO but that's just me.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-14-2023 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, they went after Mark Meadows too...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    indictmennt (PDF file): https://www.fultonclerk.org/Document...NAL-INDICTMENT

Trump, 18 allies indicted in Georgia over 2020 election meddling, the 4th criminal case against him
    https://apnews.com/article/trump-geo...8708de1b011ed3
    Kate Brumback & Eric Tucker (14 August 2023)

ATLANTA (AP) — Donald Trump and 18 allies were indicted in Georgia on Monday with scheming to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state, with prosecutors turning to a statute normally associated with mobsters to accuse the former president, lawyers and other top aides in a sweeping criminal conspiracy aimed at keeping him in power.

The 97-page indictment details dozens of acts by Trump and his allies to undo his defeat in the battleground state, including hectoring Georgia’s Republican secretary of state to find enough votes to keep him power, pestering officials with bogus claims of voter fraud and attempting to persuade Georgia lawmakers to ignore the will of voters and appoint a new slate of electoral college electors favorable to Trump. It also outlines a scheme to tampering with voting machines in one Georgia county and steal data.

“Trump and the other Defendants charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully joined conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump,” says the indictment issued Monday night by the office of Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

Other defendants included former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows; Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani; and a Trump administration Justice Department official, Jeffrey Clark, who advanced his efforts to undo his election loss in Georgia. Multiple other lawyers who devised legally dubious ideas aimed at overturning the results, including John Eastman, Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro, were also charged.

Willis said the defendants would be allowed to voluntarily surrender by noon Aug. 25. She also said she plans to ask for a trial date within six months.

The document describes the former president of the United States, the former White House chief of staff, Trump’s attorneys and the former mayor of New York as members of a “criminal organization” who were part of an “enterprise” that operated in Georgia and other states -- language that conjures up the operations of mob bosses and gang leaders.

The indictment bookends a remarkable crush of criminal cases — four in five months, each in a different city — that would be daunting for anyone, never mind a defendant simultaneously running for president.

It comes just two weeks after the Justice Department special counsel charged him in a vast conspiracy to overturn the election, underscoring how prosecutors after lengthy investigations that followed the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol have now, two-and-a-half years later, taken steps to hold Trump to account for an assault on the underpinnings of American democracy.

The sprawling web of defendants in the Georgia case — 19 in total — stands apart from the more tightly targeted case brought by special counsel Jack Smith, which so far only names Trump as a defendant.

The Georgia case also stands out because, unlike the two federal prosecutions he faces, Trump would not have the opportunity to try to pardon himself if elected president or to control the outcome by appointing an attorney general who could theoretically make it go away.

As indictments mount, Trump — the leading Republican candidate for president in 2024 — often invokes his distinction as the only former president to face criminal charges. He is campaigning and fundraising around these themes, portraying himself as the victim of Democratic prosecutors out to get him.

Republican allies once again quickly rallied to Trump’s defense. “Americans see through this desperate sham,” House Speaker Kevin McCarthy wrote on the platform formerly known as Twitter.

The counts against Trump include violating the state’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations, or RICO, act as well as other crimes such as conspiracy to commit forgery and conspiracy to commit false statements.

The indictment charges Trump with making false statements and writings for a series of claims he made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and other state election officials on Jan. 2, 2021, including that up to 300,000 ballots “were dropped mysteriously into the rolls” in the 2020 election, that more than 4,500 people voted who weren’t on registration lists and that a Fulton County election worker, Ruby Freeman, was a “professional vote scammer.”

The indictment also mentions the now infamous Dec. 18, 2020, session in the Oval Office, where Trump allies including Sidney Powell and Michael Flynn, the former national security adviser, proposed ordering the military to seize voting machines and appoint a special prosecutor to investigate allegations of voter fraud in Georgia and other crucial states Trump had lost.

Prosecutors say the meeting at the White House, which included Giuliani, was part of an effort to “influence the outcome” of the election. Days later, prosecutors say, Meadows traveled to Cobb County and attempted to observe a signature match audit being performed “despite the fact that the process was not open to the public.” Several state officials prevented the then-chief of staff from entering the prohibited area.

Prosecuting a person for what they have said and done will soon be old school.

Soon you will be prosecuted for what you allegedly think or thought. There will be no need to question the intent of spoken words.

Follow the Science!

If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear!

Next!

First off Trump inherited all his money from his daddy. Second off his businesses performed so poorly he would had a better return just investing his inheritance in an S&P 500 fund.
    When are you going to stop believing left-wing bull$#@! propaganda? Especially if it's related to Trump.. Everything you just said is total horse $#@!.

Based on these assumptions, the net result is that Donald Trump’s net worth would have increased from $40 million in 1974 to $782 million in 2017 if his investments had performed in line with the S&P 500. This is significantly lower than the $2 to $4 billion range from the Vox article.
    https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-tha...nd-let-it-grow

They threw out Hunter's plea deal and appointed a special prosecutor. The Biden crime family will get what is coming eventually. They won't be in power forever. Same as Trump isn't now and isn't protected.
    So why are they going through such great lengths to protect him in the meantime?

Because they only need him as long as they need him. Biden is completely disposable, when they feel the time is right, just like all of their other puppets. Biden is not the one in charge.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-15-2023 at 04:32 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The walls are closing in on Trump. He is either going to die in prison or somehow go into exile.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status...61267246247936

The walls are closing in on Trump. He is either going to die in prison or somehow go into exile.
    Every wall closing in on Trump is a wall closing in on you as well.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-15-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That people here cannot grasp this blows my mind. You have the left and the right uniparty establishment united against a single person and people here believe TPTB. This dissention in this thread motivated me to dust off my account because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryftco View Post
    That people here cannot grasp this blows my mind. You have the left and the right uniparty establishment united against a single person and people here believe TPTB. This dissention in this thread motivated me to dust off my account because of it.
    Well, welcome back...and only some of us do.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I was not before, nor am now, a huge fan of Trump, but I know this: he drives my enemies stark raving mad.

I'll vote for him just because of that.

Well, welcome back...and only some of us do.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I was not before, nor am now, a huge fan of Trump, but I know this: he drives my enemies stark raving mad.

I'll vote for him just because of that.
    Hah, thanks. I don't agree with him on a lot of topics either, but I've reached the same conclusion as you. He's a centrist and they are treating him like this, including having his departments and military outright lie to him. What do people think would happen if Ron Paul circa 2008 or Rand circa 2016 had won the presidency?

Believe what exactly? That this is the largest conspiracy in the history of our country and Trump is an innocent victim? The guy is a criminal who has been using people and throwing them away once they are no longer useful to him since the 70's.

dannno, you two...

How can people who saw through The Science™ buy into this scripted soap opera? I mean, I can see how it could happen to dannno. His type of mentality can't resist a soap opera any more than iron filings can resist a magnet. But come on.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2023 at 06:55 AM.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    dannno, you two...

How can people who saw through The Science™ buy into this scripted soap opera? I mean, I can see how it could happen to dannno. His type of mentality can't resist a soap opera any more than iron filings can resist a magnet. But come on.
    You're talking about dannno, but quoting me...what's up?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Believe what exactly? That this is the largest conspiracy in the history of our country and Trump is an innocent victim? The guy is a criminal who has been using people and throwing them away once they are no longer useful to him since the 70's.
    Other than talking, what "crime" has he committed?

You don't get into the billionaire club by being innocent, but you're comparing potential tax fraud, womanizing, and ruthlessness to conspiracy to overthrow the government. Trump is just the first president in my lifetime that isn't completely in the pocket of the establishment. If he was, they wouldn't be trying to stop him from campaigning by timing these trials before Iowa, Super Tuesday, etc.

Other than talking, what "crime" has he committed?
    He is accused of committing many. Have you not read the indictments? Or are you suggesting that even if all of the factual allegations in the indictments are true, none of them constitutes a crime?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

You're talking about dannno, but quoting me...what's up?
    I asked you how it's possible you saw through The Science™ but can't see that this is As The Stomach Turns bull$#@!.

The "Left" falls for daddy figures who tell them a fistful of victim cards is a winning hand. The "Right" pretends to hate people who play victim cards, but won't nominate anyone else.

Let's role play. POV: You need to distract Democrats from yet more Biden dirt and make Republicans look and feel persecuted...

Do you indict someone who says things that make sense, like Ramaswamy or Massie, giving him free publicity and street cred? Or do you confer these things (as in, precious publicity and invaluable credibility) on your own controlled oppo puppet, by making a fake whipping boy out of him?

See? You aren't a professional in the psyop field in the twenty-first century, but even you can figure it out.

All very obvious. What is less obvious is whether or not that governor of yours is any kind of a substantial and meaningful improvement.

Doesn't matter. Stick a fork in him. The Trump Psyop is slated to continue. The GOP never did and will never need superdelegates, because there has always been and will always be a sucker born every minute.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2023 at 08:14 AM.

dannno, you two...

Maybe Ron Paul was duped by the 'soap opera' as well:

"I think hate has driven so much of what's been going on, and this whole thing driven at Trump—uh, not that he's an easy person to defend—but, he didn't follow the status quo. He didn't follow the rules. And, uh, he really defied the people who wanted to establish what truth really is."

-Dr. Ron Paul
    August 3, 2023
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ump-Indictment

Reckon I'm in good company. The good doctor thinks this is a sham.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

LOL you definitely do watch too much MSM:

This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

With the jurors names on it. Incompetent twits.

It's not as many as it seems, but it's funny to see the biggest conspiracy theorists on the site, who think the Trump show is all some elaborate hoax to trick people into maintaining their power, team up with the people who think the news is all real and Chris Christie would be a decent person to vote for.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-15-2023 at 09:56 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Maybe Ron Paul was duped by the 'soap opera' as well:
    "I think hate has driven so much of what's been going on, and this whole thing driven at Trump—uh, not that he's an easy person to defend—but...
    Is that really how that reads to you?

Reckon I'm in good company. The good doctor thinks this is a sham.
    He said the indictment is a sham. You said the indictment is a sham. I said the indictment is a sham. We're all in good company, as far as that goes. The target of a sham indictment can't be a plant?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's not as many as it seems, but it's funny to see the biggest conspiracy theorists on the site, who think the Trump show is all some elaborate hoax to trick people into maintaining their power, team up with the people who think the news is all real and Chris Christie would be a decent person to vote for.
    Why don't you come out and say exactly how I'm teaming up with Chris Christie, and exactly what the fat Jersey slob could possibly get out of it?

Come on, dannno. You remember the drill.

1. acptulsa says Trump is a tool.
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. Fat Jersey slob wins.

Fill in the blanks.

What would Sun Tsu say about the way you people are underestimating the enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    They don't seem to be underestimating us.

DeSantis did not destroy DeSantis. These indictments blotted out the sun, and he was lost in the shadow.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Is that really how that reads to you?
    Um. Yep.

The entire video is worth a watch, my concerns are less for Trump the man, but the implications and the precedents established that will undoubtedly reach unto us. Of course no one really cares about that, because 'orange man bad' and I guess as long as that can be applied then it's all good.

Would republicans be justified in trying democrats in jurisdictions that are overwhelmingly conservative, with conservative jurors, judges, and prosecutors? Complete with a 24/7 barrage of conservative media to give it credibility?

There's two ways to look at that:

Either you think they should, and are too cowardly to do so.

They shouldn't, because if we go down that rabbit hole, then people might as well not vote, because at any given moment the person you vote for (or intend to vote for) could be whisked away to court and invalidated. Who knew it was that easy to get rid of Dianne Feinstein, even though the majority of people in her district voted for her (for God knows why reasons). We just need to try her in a court in the Florida panhandle, to deem her incompetent/incapable. She can't even cast a vote without being coached by one of her aids.

And for the audacity of the left to suggest that they are 'protecting democracy' by [filing these indictments], is intensely ironic.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-15-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Um. Yep.

The entire video is worth a watch, my concerns are less for Trump the man, but the implications and the precedents established that will undoubtedly reach unto us.
    Reads to me like Ron Paul doesn't give a flying $#@! about Trump the mantool, and is entirely concerned with the future implications of these precedents. Sounds to me like he agrees with me. But then, he didn't win over a dozen elections without learning how to be cagey about touchy subjects. And when the subject is Trump, he has proven it more than once. I suspect that hearing him speak candidly about DJTveg would be hilarious.

Does anyone still think Trump is going to be found not guilty in all these cases and be a viable candidate? It's time for him to step aside.
    Agreed. The people should not be allowed to vote for the candidate they want. One's political opponents have every moral right to decide their competition.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast