Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: What's up with $#@!ter?

  1. #1

    What's up with $#@!ter?

    I used to be able to view home pages and threads of people that kept their accounts public: Jack Poso, Tucker Carlson, Clown World, Libs of TikTok and so on.

    Got up this morning and they were all blocked, without logging in.

    Against my better judgement I signed up for an account just to read them.

    Is that just me, system wide or what the hell?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-30-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I get the same thing. Twitter is all kinds of screwed up. Seems like they are doing what Fedbook did long ago, you must have a login to even see things. The major change since Musk took over is less bans. But various shadow banning still exists, with the same leftist establishment criteria.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  4. #3
    I noticed you can't share any videos from Bitchute anymore on Twitter as well...

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is that just me, system wide or what the hell?
    Seeing the same here. I liked reading the comments on tweets posted here but not willing to sign up (yet?)....idk, probably healthier for me to walk away.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

    H.L. Mencken

  6. #5
    Log In, or Else: Elon Musk’s Twitter Blocks Unregistered Users from Viewing Posts

    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/...viewing-posts/

    ALANA MASTRANGELO 30 Jun 2023

    Elon Musk’s Twitter has apparently changed its settings so that people are unable to browse tweets on the social media platform unless they are signed into a Twitter account. The change is likely an attempt by Musk’s company to grow its stagnate userbase.

    If a social media user currently attempts to access Elon Musk’s Twitter without logging into an account, they will find it impossible to view tweets and user profiles. Instead, they will be prompted to either sign in or create an account on the platform.

    Previously, anyone was able to view tweets on the social media platform regardless of whether or not they had a Twitter account.

    While Twitter has yet to make a public announcement regarding this change that effectively blocks the public from accessing the site unless they have an account, one can surmise that the change was made in an attempt to drive more users and therefore ad revenue for the company.

    A social media user can currently sign up for Twitter for free, but once they are actively using the site, they will find features that enhance user experience — such as the ability to edit a tweet or obtain a blue verification badge — cannot be accessed unless they pay for a Twitter Blue subscription.

    In the past, Musk has talked about his desire to incrase Twitter’s userbase and drive more revenue. The Tesla and SpaceX CEO purchased the social media platform last year for $44 billion. Earlier this year, Musk put the value of Twitter at $20 billion, less than half of what he paid for it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-30-2023 at 03:29 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  7. #6
    F Twitter

    and the horse they rode in on.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty_Tree View Post
    I noticed you can't share any videos from Bitchute anymore on Twitter as well...
    Thats $#@!ed up.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I used to be able to view home pages and threads of people that kept their accounts public: Jack Poso, Tucker Carlson, Clown World, Libs of TikTok and so on.

    Got up this morning and they were all blocked, without logging in.

    Against my better judgement I signed up for an account just to read them.

    Is that just me, system wide or what the hell?

    I'll sign up so long as they dont block VPNs.

    Do you have to provide a phone number or email?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Twitter has blocked nonmember viewing
    All attempts to go directly to a tweet now redirect to a log in screen that can’t be bypassed.
    So far all ways around it that used to work no longer work, Nitter can’t see any tweets, Threadreaderapp now requires a log in.
    Embeds on other sites seem to work most of the time but don’t always show the whole tweet.
    All Tweets you wish to post should include the important text and pictures in the post, I’m not sure if anything can be done for videos.




    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1674865731136020505

    Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
    @TitterDaily Temporary emergency measure. We were getting data pillaged so much that it was degrading service for normal users!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #10
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

  13. #11
    But somehow it's easier to snag the pics from tweets embedded elsewhere



    ... and copy and paste the text.

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Bee
    BREAKING: Biden Administration to replace corrupt, partisan Supreme Court with equitable, experience-based tribunal.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah, well, you've already collected as many flies with vinegar as you're gonna.

  14. #12
    Thanks everyone - glad to finally get an explanation. I thought it might be an issue with my recently-updated apple browser (safari).

    Seems without realizing it, I’ve come to depend a lot on twitter to find out what’s going on. I’ve curated a list of people I consider reasonably trustworthy, better-informed, and more likely to get to the details I consider important.

    So Musk is saying this is temporary. What kind of data is he referring to that’s being “scraped”? Is this something harmful to the user, or is it more like they are somehow profiting off of twitter's work in a dishonest way?

    I’m still not ready to create an account yet. Will have to look into exactly what info they expect from me.

  15. #13
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Thanks everyone - glad to finally get an explanation. I thought it might be an issue with my recently-updated apple browser (safari).

    Seems without realizing it, I’ve come to depend a lot on twitter to find out what’s going on. I’ve curated a list of people I consider reasonably trustworthy, better-informed, and more likely to get to the details I consider important.

    So Musk is saying this is temporary. What kind of data is he referring to that’s being “scraped”? Is this something harmful to the user, or is it more like they are somehow profiting off of twitter's work in a dishonest way?

    I’m still not ready to create an account yet. Will have to look into exactly what info they expect from me.
    Video by a guy who claims Musk is accidentally or purposely interfering with AI censorship programs by doing this:
    https://twitter.com/mikebenzcyber/st...54646942896128
    I watched an embed on another site.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15

    Hindering the mass data collection being used to train censorship algorithms

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Video by a guy who claims Musk is accidentally or purposely interfering with AI censorship programs by doing this:
    https://twitter.com/mikebenzcyber/st...54646942896128
    I watched an embed on another site.
    Thanks. Both Zerohedge and Revolver have embedded the video (8:52) tweeted by Mike Benz who is described as a "former State Dept official"
    ...The best and most interesting analysis of the policy change so far comes courtesy of former State Department official Mike Benz. Benz points out that whatever the intention of the policy, one significant effect will be to frustrate the efforts of various intelligence agencies and NGOs that collect mass amounts of data off of Twitter to train their censorship algorithms...

    https://www.revolver.news/2023/07/el...twitter-udpate

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Video by a guy who claims Musk is accidentally or purposely interfering with AI censorship programs by doing this:
    https://twitter.com/mikebenzcyber/st...54646942896128
    I watched an embed on another site.
    For those who can still view embeds.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Twitter is working again for the masses.

    No more login required to read tweets.pic.twitter.com/oN0cv4PM6I— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) July 5, 2023

    https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/...23835968184321




    I can confirm.

    Not full functionality.
    Only specific tweet links at this time.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    WTF was that about?

    The French riots?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

  22. #19

    Not for me

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Twitter is working again for the masses.
    No more login required to read tweets.pic.twitter.com/oN0cv4PM6I— Citizen Free Press (@CitizenFreePres) July 5, 2023
    https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/...23835968184321
    Wait a minute… it lets me go to the link posted here, but it still redirects me to “Sign in to twitter” if I try to read anyone that actually matters. This is no improvement whatsoever.

    What gives?

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    ...
    Seems without realizing it, I’ve come to depend a lot on twitter to find out what’s going on. I’ve curated a list of people I consider reasonably trustworthy, better-informed, and more likely to get to the details I consider important.
    ...
    I used to do that, but Twitter took the “lists” function away from me entirely. There is no “lists” menu item for me. I also noticed that if I try to do a search and use the “from people I follow” option, it often comes back with “no results”, even if I can see Tweets from people I follow that have the search term. It’s just another manifestation of shadow banning.

    Musk still has very little control or knowledge of what is happening at Twitter.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    WTF was that about?

    The French riots?
    That could be what caused the degradation in service, maybe governments/NGOs were scraping to look for "illegal" activity, or maybe they were purposely trying to degrade service and shut it down similar to a DDOS attack?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  25. #22

    been shut out

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I used to do that, but Twitter took the “lists” function away from me entirely. There is no “lists” menu item for me. I also noticed that if I try to do a search and use the “from people I follow” option, it often comes back with “no results”, even if I can see Tweets from people I follow that have the search term. It’s just another manifestation of shadow banning.
    Musk still has very little control or knowledge of what is happening at Twitter.
    Just to be clear, I meant that I personally compiled my own list of links to certain people who I could check regularly to see what news/links/sources they were tweeting about. I guess you are talking about things you were able to do with a twitter account? I'm in the dark about that.

    I literally never had an account - so never had access to any twitter functions like menus, couldn't search twitter, don't know what a "timeline" looks like, could never "follow" anyone, or receive notifications of any kind - I have never "tweeted".

    Still, I was always able to view other persons' main pages and their most recent tweets - going back as far as I cared to spend my time scrolling. In this way, I managed to get the most current information. This also allowed me to find reports I might download and discover valuable new sources to add to my list.

    Now, when I go to anyone's twitter page, I only get the thing that tells me to sign in, or create an account.

    I have no idea what Thomas Massie, Rand Paul or John Dennis have been up to! Can't easily get news from Matt Taibbi, Shellenberger, Hans Mahncke, Michael Tracey, Julio Rosas, Andy Ngo, Julie Kelly, or Glen Greenwald (except for Glen's show on rumble).

    Musk said this was temporary, but it's not looking good.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Just to be clear, I meant that I personally compiled my own list of links to certain people who I could check regularly to see what news/links/sources they were tweeting about. I guess you are talking about things you were able to do with a twitter account? I'm in the dark about that.

    I literally never had an account - so never had access to any twitter functions like menus, couldn't search twitter, don't know what a "timeline" looks like, could never "follow" anyone, or receive notifications of any kind - I have never "tweeted".

    Still, I was always able to view other persons' main pages and their most recent tweets - going back as far as I cared to spend my time scrolling. In this way, I managed to get the most current information. This also allowed me to find reports I might download and discover valuable new sources to add to my list.

    Now, when I go to anyone's twitter page, I only get the thing that tells me to sign in, or create an account.

    I have no idea what Thomas Massie, Rand Paul or John Dennis have been up to! Can't easily get news from Matt Taibbi, Shellenberger, Hans Mahncke, Michael Tracey, Julio Rosas, Andy Ngo, Julie Kelly, or Glen Greenwald (except for Glen's show on rumble).

    Musk said this was temporary, but it's not looking good.
    Yeah, those of us without accounts can't go to the main pages of the accounts of other people to see their tweets.
    What has been restored so far is the ability to go to a specific tweet from a specific link.
    That means someone with an account has to post the link somewhere for us to see.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yeah, those of us without accounts can't go to the main pages of the accounts of other people to see their tweets.
    What has been restored so far is the ability to go to a specific tweet from a specific link.
    That means someone with an account has to post the link somewhere for us to see.
    Yes and to further clarify - even though it lets you go to that specific tweet (after some account holder embeds it), it doesn't allow you see any of the replies to the tweet, so you miss out on lots of pertinent info. Sucks.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Just an FYI, Twitter/X is preparing for the upcoming election by clamping down. Also, I've tested it several times, if you post anything about shadow banning on Twitter, you are likely to get punished with a lock-out, "label" or shadow ban...


    https://x.com/USAB4L/status/1793001753459265544


    https://x.com/USAB4L/status/1792637638286995768
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  30. #26
    You can use Nitter to see Tweets like before Elon made it not work for nonmembers.

    https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances

    Replace twitter.com in the url of any tweet with the working nitter instance you wish to use.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #27

    (not a coder)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You can use Nitter to see Tweets like before Elon made it not work for nonmembers.

    https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances

    Replace twitter.com in the url of any tweet with the working nitter instance you wish to use.
    Thank you, but would you mind posting a few examples (before and after) to illustrate the change I'm supposed to make to the URL? Do I just replace twitter.com with any of the many urls listed on that page? or are there other steps? No download required?

    ------- Also ------- My own twitter update -----

    About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that - even though I have no twitter account - I can now see the latest tweets of Thomas Massie and Rand Paul (still can't see the replies though.) It seems some change has been made which allows non-accounts to view their new tweets - Maybe there is some provision which allows an exception for official congress member/senators accounts? Perhaps an account holder can set an option that allows this? These are the only 2 accounts I've experienced this with - I still can't see anyone else's new tweets.
    Last edited by Valli6; 05-23-2024 at 09:54 AM.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Thank you, but would you mind posting a few examples (before and after) to illustrate the change I'm supposed to make to the URL? Do I just replace twitter.com with any of the many urls listed on that page? or are there other steps? No download required?

    ------- Also ------- My own twitter update -----

    About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that - even though I have no twitter account - I can now see the latest tweets of Thomas Massie and Rand Paul (still can't see the replies though.) It seems some change has been made which allows non-accounts to view their new tweets - Maybe there is some provision which allows an exception for official congress member/senators accounts? Perhaps an account holder can set an option that allows this? These are the only 2 accounts I've experienced this with - I still can't see anyone else's new tweets.

    https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1793713087322943769 or https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/statu...13087322943769
    Becomes: https://nitter.poast.org/CollinRugg/...13087322943769 or whatever other instance is working instead of nitter.poast.org
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



Similar Threads

  1. Kayne West suspended off Twatter and Instagram after anti Semitic posts
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-25-2023, 08:42 PM
  2. Rand gets flagged on twatter
    By jct74 in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2020, 11:30 PM
  3. Former Twatter CEO openly calls for execution of political opponents
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2020, 11:08 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2020, 11:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •