Thread: A Third Of GenZ Favors 'Government Surveillance Cameras In Every Home'

A Third Of GenZ Favors 'Government Surveillance Cameras In Every Home'

Like, Totally Orwellian: Nearly A Third Of GenZ Favors 'Government Surveillance Cameras In Every Household'.

Nearly one-third of Generation Z says they'd be just fine with government-installed surveillance cameras in every household under the guise of reducing domestic violence and other illegal activity.

"Would you favor or oppose the government installing surveillance cameras in every household to reduce domestic violence, abuse, and other illegal activity?" asks a new survey from the Cato Institute. Of the responses, 29% of those aged 18-29 said yes.

When it comes to other age brackets, 20% of millennials (between the ages of 30 and 44) also want everyone watched.

Then, wisdom appears to kick in - as just 6% of Americans aged 45 and older were OK with government surveillance in every home.

Broken down by politics, 19% of liberals and 18% of centrists agreed that our daily lives should be monitored by the government for our own safety, while 9 - 11% of those who identify as conservative, very conservative, or very liberal agreed in what appears to be a "horseshoe" issue that unites both ends of the political spectrum.

Broken down by race, 33% of black Americans said they're fine with government in-home surveillance, as did 25% of hispanics, 11% of whites, and 9% of asians respectively.

The question was asked as part of the Cato Institute's survey on American attitudes on the prospect of a 'central bank digital currency.' What's interesting about that is that 53% of Americans who support a CBDC also support in-home surveillance cameras.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't even know what to think or say about that. I'll be at peace when I am 6 foot under?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I don't even know what to think or say about that. I'll be at peace when I am 6 foot under?
    It's always the young.

The Marxists understood that and corrupted them thoroughly and poisoned their mind.

Look at all the old pics of Maoist China...it was kids denouncing their mothers and fathers.

Thus it has always been.

Nothing new under the sun.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It's always the young.

The Marxists understood that and corrupted them thoroughly and poisoned their mind.

Look at all the old pics of Maoist China...it was kids denouncing their mothers and fathers.

Thus it has always been.

Nothing new under the sun.

True that. And if you haven't seen this yet, it goes into detail about Maoist China:

https://rumble.com/embed/v2pf1ca/?pub=4

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I recently noticed the total acceptance of tracking by younger generations. There are so many options and apps now for them to be tracked via their cell phone, and they welcome it. Friends track each other. Parents can track the location of their kids.

Of course this is problematic for naive parents. The age-old "I'm spending the night at my friend's house" excuse is now further enabled by kids leaving their cell phones at someone's house...

But this does also coincide with full acceptable of every level of government surveillance and tracking. Parents are helping to condition the kids.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is the same mob of maladjusted losers and freakshows that would be perfectly happy gutting the 1st amendment so nobody gets their feewings hurt.

40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Did they not break it down by gender?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I wonder how many of those Gen Z are in favor of those Surveillance Cameras in their own homes?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I recently noticed the total acceptance of tracking by younger generations. There are so many options and apps now for them to be tracked via their cell phone, and they welcome it. Friends track each other. Parents can track the location of their kids.

Of course this is problematic for naive parents. The age-old "I'm spending the night at my friend's house" excuse is now further enabled by kids leaving their cell phones at someone's house...

But this does also coincide with full acceptable of every level of government surveillance and tracking. Parents are helping to condition the kids.
    You think kids today could spend a night without their phone? Who is naive?

fake polls.

zero chance this result is actual.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    fake polls.

zero chance this result is actual.
    It is actual, factual, just like election results!

I already wasn't a fan of Gen Z but this makes me not like them even more.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge