Thread: Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’

Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’

Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’

Sarah Carter

Three Texas Republican leaders, Governor Greg Abbott, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and Speaker Dade Phelan say they have made reducing property taxes towards elimination is a legislative priority.

They say it is possible, thanks to the significant economic growth the states has experienced. On Friday, Abbott reiterated to state representatives that the end goal isn’t just to reduce property taxes, but to eliminate them.

“How should we approach it? We must go big,” Abbot said, after having “called a special legislative session directing the legislature to pass a property tax relief bill solely through compression, on Tuesday, the Senate and House passed separate and different bills and remain at a standstill” reports Just The News. “We must dream big. You’ve got to dream it and then you’ve got to do it” he added.

“In Texas, we don’t do things half-heartedly,” he said. “We go big, and we make sure we accomplish our big vision. Texans want to own their property, not rent it from the government. Under my property tax plan, we will put Texans on the pathway to eliminate property taxes.”

The three leaders also all agreed to dedicate roughly half of the $33 billion surplus, $17 billion, to provide property tax relief. The money is already appropriated, Abbott said. “Now we just need to decide how we are going to cut those property taxes.”

Abbott’s response to critics who said his approach isn’t feasible, is that it in fact is doable: “Texas has the number one fastest growing economy in the United States of America. Our economy is now more than $2.3 trillion a year.

“We’re trying to spend $17 billion out of an economy that produces $2.3 trillion a year. That’s .007% of our whole GDP, less than one-tenth of one percent. We can do it.”
    https://saraacarter.com/texas-gov-ab...ust-dream-big/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Props to him for saying this out loud, need to start instilling the "end property taxes" mantra into people's brains.

Who knows if this is principle based (probably not) but still.

Most likely in response to people losing their $#@!, Texas prop taxes are actually pretty $#@!in high, relatively speaking.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Yea if he's serious about this, I'll stop calling him gaping pussy Abbott. Because this would be huge
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...61540141207554

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Astounding if he actually does it.

The reality on the ground doesn't seem to comport, however. In just a few short years, I've seen property prices and rents skyrocket at a rate far higher than national average. That's "good news" in the sense that it indicates increased demand for property (probably partly due to the influx of political refugees from Blue-dominated territory), but it also means that we continue to be priced out of the ability to simply put down stakes and build four-walls as part of the Marxist takeover of America. If Texas isn't immune to BlackRock's RE price-fixing, no one is.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-06-2023 at 12:05 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yea if he's serious about this, I'll stop calling him gaping pussy Abbott. Because this would be huge
    Abbott has little power in this affair. Nothing will get accomplished until Patrick and Phelan stop their pissing contest. Get that done and the Senate can start convicting Paxton.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Do something Danke

TX Gov. Abbot: "Texans want to own their property, not rent it from the government."

I am listening...

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...61540141207554

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Not a fan of Abbot but I'll give him some major props if he actually goes through with it and succeeds.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge