Thread: NYC Mayor Suggests New Yorkers Open Their Homes to Migrants

NYC Mayor Suggests New Yorkers Open Their Homes to Migrants

This really is becoming Camp of the Saints.

In Raspiel's novel, that was the last insult the French people had to endure, giving up their homes and flats to the invaders.

NYC Mayor Eric Adams Suggests New Yorkers Open Their Homes to Migrants

https://www.breitbart.com/immigratio...s-to-migrants/

JOHN BINDER 5 Jun 2023

New York City Mayor Eric Adams (D) is suggesting that the city’s government may soon pay New Yorkers to open their homes to border crossers and illegal aliens who continue arriving in the city on a weekly basis.

Since the spring of last year, more than 72,000 border crossers and illegal aliens have arrived in New York City, the majority of which — 37,500 — remain in the city’s shelter system, which now includes hotel rooms, homeless shelters, and a former jail paid for by local taxpayers.

On Monday, while announcing that the city will begin housing about 1,000 border crossers and illegal aliens in 50 churches and faith-based shelters, Adams suggested that he eventually hopes the city will pay New Yorkers to house migrants in their homes.

“It is my vision to take the next step to this faith-based locales and then move to private residences,” Adams said:

There are residents who are suffering right now because of economic challenges; they have spare rooms, they have locales, and if we can find a way…we can take that $4.2 billion, $4.3 billion maybe, now, that we potentially have to spend, and we can put it back into the pockets of everyday New Yorkers, everyday houses of worship instead of putting it in the pockets of corporations. [Emphasis added]

Adams said illegal immigration to New York City, which costs New Yorkers about $5 million every day, “is not sustainable,” but instead of stopping the inflow, he suggested again that the federal government more quickly provide work permits to border crossers and illegal aliens.

“I don’t want anyone to believe that this is sustainable. We need work permits; we need a decompression strategy; we need real immigration reform,” Adams said.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who wants to bet Eric Adams won't be opening up his home to migrants?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

lol

Man, look at the group, scary lookin TBH.

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...09922120994822

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Lead by example, mother effer.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

[...] we can take that $4.2 billion, $4.3 billion maybe, now, that we potentially have to spend, and we can put it back into the pockets of everyday New Yorkers, everyday houses of worship instead of putting it in the pockets of corporations.
    Of course, if you actually gave a $#@!, you could always just stop taking all that money out of "the pockets of everyday New Yorkers" to begin with.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

“There is room for thirteen families in this house...”

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Section 8 folks don’t want to risk losing their welfare checks. 2 workers, $8/hour each under the table, no documentation, no permits needed. Spare room with 2 single beds, rent $400 per person. There are a couple of restaurants down the road that could use the business so they can go there to eat. “Military-age” (15-45) preferable so they can pull their own weight and not kick from a heart attack.
    Last edited by PAF; 06-05-2023 at 10:29 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

If it were ordinary, run of the mill, chump fellow Americans, like family or friends or co workers trying to get a leg up in the Big Cesspool, instead of foreign invaders, you'd get arrested for letting "extra" people board in your home.

Sub letting and exceeding the number of people on the "certificate of occupancy" is illegal in NYC.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If it were ordinary, run of the mill, chump fellow Americans, like family or friends or co workers trying to get a leg up in the Big Cesspool, instead of foreign invaders, you'd get arrested for letting "extra" people board in your home.

Sub letting and exceeding the number of people on the "certificate of occupancy" is illegal in NYC.
    That’s the sh|thole up there and that’s their problem. Around these parts, for the most part, “if you see something say something” doesn’t fly too well. Maybe it’s time for those idiots up there to start taking it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Excellent film reference.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Excellent film reference.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.
    I know I've seen it, but can't remember.

...we can take that $4.2 billion, $4.3 billion maybe, now, that we potentially have to spend, and we can put it back into the pockets of everyday New Yorkers, everyday houses of worship instead of putting it in the pockets of corporations.
    When has New York City ever, ever, ever cut taxes? Before, when the city stopped providing a service, they just kept the money, and maybe spent it on something else. Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Sometimes I think women love Marxism who don't have anyone else to scold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Who wants to bet Eric Adams won't be opening up his home to migrants?
    Politicians aren't known for their strong comprehension of the kindergarten ethics of reciprocity...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I've always suggested that those who are so welcome to immigrants open their spare couches to them. No one from the open border crowd seems inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I've always suggested that those who are so welcome to immigrants open their spare couches to them. No one from the open border crowd seems inclined.
    Read Posts 7 and 9.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Read Posts 7 and 9.
    Don't forget gated community progressives.

Don't forget gated community progressives.
    When their “right to travel freely” stops, they’ll wish they never supported handouts, “papers please”, Roving AI cameras, Eminent Domain, etc. For every reaction, there’s an equal and negative reaction. Repugs are just as guilty.

When their “right to travel freely” stops, they’ll wish they never supported handouts, “papers please”, Roving AI cameras, Eminent Domain, etc. For every reaction, there’s an equal and negative reaction. Repugs are just as guilty.
    Yes. Gated community repugs/corporatists are just as bad. The difference is that they don't virtue signal as loud about welcoming them. They either funnel them into already devestated slums or put 20 migrants in a shack far from where they live to work for pennies on the dollar.
    Last edited by RJB; 06-06-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Yes. Gated community repugs/corporatists are just as bad. The difference is that they don't virtue signal as loud about welcoming them. They either funnel them into already devestated slums or put 20 migrants in a shack far from where they live to work for pennies on the dollar.
    Soon, all of you will be in shackles, and you can fondly look back to all of the hard work you did to get there.

Good grief. And people wonder aimlessly how we got from point A to B.

Soon, all of you will be in shackles, and you can fondly look back to all of the hard work you did to get there.

So will you. RFK won't save you. Good grief.

RFK won't save you.
    Admittedly, if he becomes a martyr, he won't be doing much of anything. But my neighbors might have awakened and smelled the coffee about then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

So will you. RFK won't save you. Good grief.
    You know, this whole conversation is bull$#@!. I should not have posted that last jibe. It was spiteful of me and petty. I will state from the start that I am no angel. I did call you an antifa agent a while back while I was in a bad mood when I shouldn't have, but we used to get along in the past despite disagreements.

However I was a bit irritated yesterday when I posted in #15 about the disingenuousness about virtue signalling and then you responded with unrelaqted topic to my post and then implied that I am for the surveillance state. That's BS and deceiful.

My post had nothing to do with anything about that and I have never have posted anything remotely infavor of the surveillance state. Why did my mockery of virtue signalling trigger you to bring up the surveillance state?

You have without any validity called me a neocon in the past (and that prompted me to call you antifa, again, petty of me.) You have called me a statist when I took a very Ron Paulesque position on the constitution. You don't just do this to me. You do this to a lot of people on this forum. I don't mind a disagreement with someone, but just be honest. When you post ridiculous accusations, it makes me question the integrity of everything else you post.

I'm not at all mad as I write this. As I get older, I just see no point in angrily arguing unrelated issues when the irritation is not from the issue itself, but rather from a misdirection in the conversation on an unrelated subject and a false accusation. Other than that, I sincerely hope you have a nice day.

You know, this whole conversation is bull$#@!. I should not have posted that last jibe. It was spiteful of me and petty. I will state from the start that I am no angel. I did call you an antifa agent a while back while I was in a bad mood when I shouldn't have, but we used to get along in the past despite disagreements.

However I was a bit irritated yesterday when I posted in #15 about the disingenuousness about virtue signalling and then you responded with unrelaqted topic to my post and then implied that I am for the surveillance state. That's BS and deceiful.

My post had nothing to do with anything about that and I have never have posted anything remotely infavor of the surveillance state. Why did my mockery of virtue signalling trigger you to bring up the surveillance state?

You have without any validity called me a neocon in the past (and that prompted me to call you antifa, again, petty of me.) You have called me a statist when I took a very Ron Paulesque position on the constitution. You don't just do this to me. You do this to a lot of people on this forum. I don't mind a disagreement with someone, but just be honest. When you post ridiculous accusations, it makes me question the integrity of everything else you post.

I'm not at all mad as I write this. As I get older, I just see no point in angrily arguing unrelated issues when the irritation is not from the issue itself, but rather from a misdirection in the conversation on an unrelated subject and a false accusation. Other than that, I sincerely hope you have a nice day.
    @RJB , I think you're taking things too personally and putting too much thought into that. When I post on the forum, it is to incite thought. I have used words here and there, but I am typically referring to a general consensus which I believe has gotten us to this point in the world. We have our differences, but I truly have no beef or ill-will toward you. As friends, not enemies, let's keep up the great debates :-)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.