Thread: I am now eating a carnivore diet and I think everything else is as dumb as keynesian economics

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

I am now eating a carnivore diet and I think everything else is as dumb as keynesian economics

I look at what the "experts" have been telling the public to eat and it seems as wrong as everything else the government puts out.

The old food pyramid is BS.

The FDA is full of crap.

I don't think humans are built to eat plants. We are meant to eat meat.

I am enjoying eating ribeyes while saving money and getting full and satisfied.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How long have you been carnivore?

Keep us updated, I think there is something to it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

I just started on June 1st. My goal is to get healthier and I have already lost a few pounds as well.

I feel confident that this is the way. It just makes sense much in the same way that Austrian economics does.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Hope you enjoy your new diet.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What's the food plan, are you eliminating vegetables altogether?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    There are a few variations.

Lion Diet: Red meat and salt (Jordan and Mikhaila Peterson)

Strict Carnivore: Meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt

Dirty Carnivore: Meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt, spices (may or may not include pepper (white preferred for some), other pepper spices, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs, etc)

Ketovore: Mostly meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt and spices, small amounts of veggies like onion, fresh garlic, peppers, occasional meals with tomato sauce, occasional treats can include something like an almond flour crust on a cheesecake, keto sugar substitutes, chocolate, vanilla, berries

There has been a lot of recent innovations in carnivore cooking.

Checkout Chris Cooking Nashville on youtube.

You can make a carnivore pizza crust, buns (burger/hot dog), pasta, mashed 'potatoes' and gravy, 'potato' cubes (for a carnivore potato salad), 'rice' all out of variations using a base of ingredients that include eggs (can be separated, then egg whites used to make a meringue to fold back in for bubbles in 'bread'), cream cheese, parmasan cheese, heavy cream, egg white powder and beef gelatin powder.

You can make a carnivore white pizza sauce using a carnivore alfredo sauce recipe and make a meat pizza that is totally carnivore, or add some spices for dirty carnivore (obviously pepperoni and sausage is dirty, but you could just do ground pork or beef or sliced meats in theory)

It's not as good as a good wheat pizza crust, but it's not bad either.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-26-2023 at 05:34 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I like the whole concept.

But I also like the idea of eating "healthy" vegetables.

My salads are basic: romaine, tomatoes, olives.

Dont eat too many vegetables outside of my salads.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

As far as we know now, humans did evolved mostly on a meat, fish and poultry/birds but also insect and reptile diet along with foraging for fruits, tubers, grains, nuts and basically anything that was edible. That's what happens when a population is limited by food availability, anything that's edible gets eaten. So I do not subscribe to the theory our bodies are made for eating meat only. Our intestine is also too long for that, we do not have an intestine as long as a grass eater like a sheep, but it's much longer than animals that only eat meat in their diet.

I think the latest addition to the human diet that may not have had time to fully processed into our genes are high levels of sugar. Starches have always been there in the tubers but less refined and less available in general.

In that regard the primal diet is quite reasonable I think.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 09-26-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Might want to consider some healthy bugs.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hope you enjoy your new diet.
    Thank you, I have. I make quite an amazing ribeye now. Been cooking many ways but my new pellet smoker is tops!

Yes I have had zero vegetables since I started June 1. I have dropped 36 pounds, stopped snoring and don't have to clear my throat anymore!

There are a few variations.

Lion Diet: Red meat and salt (Jordan and Mikhaila Peterson)

Strict Carnivore: Meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt

Dirty Carnivore: Meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt, spices (may or may not include pepper (white preferred for some), other pepper spices, garlic powder, onion powder, herbs, etc)

Ketovore: Mostly meat, fish, eggs, dairy, salt and spices, small amounts of veggies like onion, fresh garlic, peppers, occasional meals with tomato sauce, occasional treats can include something like an almond flour crust on a cheesecake, keto sugar substitutes, chocolate, vanilla, berries

There has been a lot of recent innovations in carnivore cooking.

Checkout Chris Cooking Nashville on youtube.

You can make a carnivore pizza crust, buns (burger/hot dog), pasta, mashed 'potatoes' and gravy, 'potato' cubes (for a carnivore potato salad), 'rice' all out of variations using a base of ingredients that include eggs (can be separated, then egg whites used to make a meringue to fold back in for bubbles in 'bread'), cream cheese, parmasan cheese, heavy cream, egg white powder and beef gelatin powder.

You can make a carnivore white pizza sauce using a carnivore alfredo sauce recipe and make a meat pizza that is totally carnivore, or add some spices for dirty carnivore (obviously pepperoni and sausage is dirty, but you could just do ground pork or beef or sliced meats in theory)

It's not as good as a good wheat pizza crust, but it's not bad either.
    Mikhaila Peterson's story is what inspired me to do this. I have been doing Strict Carnivore and now am starting to test different spices.

I like the whole concept.

But I also like the idea of eating "healthy" vegetables.

My salads are basic: romaine, tomatoes, olives.

Dont eat too many vegetables outside of my salads.
    I like plenty of veggies but I think their need might be over-rated based on a poor diet to begin with. Dr Anthony Chaffee is rock solid buff man and hasn't eaten an orange in over 5 years., yet he has no vitamin C deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    As far as we know now, humans did evolved mostly on a meat, fish and poultry/birds but also insect and reptile diet along with foraging for fruits, tubers, grains, nuts and basically anything that was edible. That's what happens when a population is limited by food availability, anything that's edible gets eaten. So I do not subscribe to the theory our bodies are made for eating meat only. Our intestine is also too long for that, we do not have an intestine as long as a grass eater like a sheep, but it's much longer than animals that only eat meat in their diet.

I think the latest addition to the human diet that may not have had time to fully processed into our genes are high levels of sugar. Starches have always been there in the tubers but less refined and less available in general.

In that regard the primal diet is quite reasonable I think.
    I don't disagree with any of that. I do think that sugar is probably the #1 enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Might want to consider some healthy bugs.
    I will consider that... maybe even eat one for $100 bucks!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I will consider that... maybe even eat one for $100 bucks!
    Deep fried mealworms aren't all that bad. You would blindly eat a whole bowl of them if you didn't know what it was.
    "I am a bird"

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    So after dropping 38 pounds of fat, I started going to a gym and doing strength training for the first time in my life. I am getting stronger and preparing for the coming struggle!

I added a daily avocado to my diet for the good fat. I also started taking probiotics for improved digestion.

Life is good!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

ive found drinking a beer in front of the gym improves me overall digestion
    Do something Danke

I have been going carnivore for almost a week. I feel my hunger more now. I have been on keto for about a year. I have been on a low carb diet for many years. I have eaten eggs for years stayed off meat for close to 30 years. My body just started telling me to eat more meat so I have been. I found out that how I was eating is called keto. Now how I eat is called carnivore with a few slips. I can't tell if it is making me feel better or worse my skin looks and feels a little better. I might have to go back to keto I miss my blueberries, avocados, and slaw and occasional saltine.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have been going carnivore for almost a week. I feel my hunger more now. I have been on keto for about a year. I have been on a low carb diet for many years. I have eaten eggs for years stayed off meat for close to 30 years. My body just started telling me to eat more meat so I have been. I found out that how I was eating is called keto. Now how I eat is called carnivore with a few slips. I can't tell if it is making me feel better or worse my skin looks and feels a little better. I might have to go back to keto I miss my blueberries, avocados, and slaw and occasional saltine.
    How has it been going for you?

There are many foods that I liked eating but don't anymore, but I am putting more value on my health now. As a result I find it easy to skip tasty things I enjoyed.

I used to wonder how humans survived in the past when they couldn't just go and load up on groceries at the store like we can now. Now that I eat so differently it makes sense. Less meals that are more satiating. Shopping and cooking is much simpler.

I also learned that it is best to transition to carnivore over 6-8 weeks rather than abruptly over 1 week like I did.

Let the city liberals eat bugs, I plan on eating meat for life!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I look at what the "experts" have been telling the public to eat and it seems as wrong as everything else the government puts out.

The old food pyramid is BS.

The FDA is full of crap.

I don't think humans are built to eat plants. We are meant to eat meat.

I am enjoying eating ribeyes while saving money and getting full and satisfied.

I come from the low-carbohydrate and barbecue capital of this here Hubblesphere [1]: the Hill Country of Texas, world-renowned for its dry-rub slow-smoked meats, its mind-blowingly tasty sausage, and its Texas-style chili con carne. One of my all-time favorite meats is slow-smoked marbled (i.e., fatty) brisket, which is a Hill Country specialty.

When I lived in little ol' Manhattan with my previous boyfriend, we would often get that style of barbecued brisket from a delightfully enjoyable restaurant named Hill Country Barbecue Market (see "About Us", https://www.hillcountry.com/about-us/ , https://archive.md/Tp6bP ). They also have Texas-style chili (which is low-carbohydrate) and Hill Country-style sausage. Yummy!

Let our pious Reverend from Texas edify us regarding the foregoing doctrines:

* "Reverend Horton Heat - Eat Steak", Caelaf302ci, Dec. 15, 2010

Mirror: "Eat Steak", The Reverend Horton Heat - Topic ( youtube.com/channel/UCOO8RJPjp6o6KKuPT5htyQA ), Mar. 24, 2019, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NrzzDJzp4g . Mirror: "Revy Horton Heat Eat Steak - Kroger Style!", Alex S ( youtube.com/channel/UCdjJrlkX7O6rMrodee2WOJw ), May 6, 2015, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXCd8v_8K4 .

Contra Bartholomew JoJo Simpson, have a cow, ma'am! Teehee!

----------

Note:

1. Although Argentina comes close. I once ate at an Argentine restaurant in New York City, and it was a delicious smörgåsbord of barbecued meats and sausages!--not quite unlike the Hill Country, but with different seasonings.

####################

Everyone, for more on my healthy-livin' Texican doctrines, see my following post:

* LexEtLibertas, "My Creative and Biographical Writings", Ron Paul Forums: Liberty Forest, Jan. 10, 2024, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...hical-Writings , https://archive.today/nTF3N .

Have fun!
    Last edited by LexEtLibertas; 01-12-2024 at 08:00 PM.
    James Redford

Author of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Social Science Research Network, Dec. 4, 2011, doi:10.2139/ssrn.1337761, https://archive.org/download/JesusIs...-Anarchist.pdf

And "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything", id., Sept. 10, 2012, doi:10.2139/ssrn.1974708, https://archive.org/download/ThePhys...ics-of-God.pdf

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Dr Anthony Chaffee, a pro carnivore doctor, mentions The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich Hayek at the 9:50 mark in this video.

Just as Keynesian economics is false, so to is most of the mainstream medical community (in my opinion).
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

More power to you. But saving money? That part seems unlikely.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    More power to you. But saving money? That part seems unlikely.
    Depends on how you were eating before and now.

If you were buying a lot of wheat flour and rice and beans and not eating a lot of meat, making all your own food, and now you're eating ribeye steaks all day and night, you definitely won't save money.

If you were eating out a lot and buying pre-made foods, eating ribeye steaks and expensive cuts of meat you can spend a lot of money that way and not be carnivore..

You can still get grass fed ground beef and roasts for a decent price and some pastured eggs, grass fed organs or a grass fed organ mix freeze dried in pill form (a lot easier than preparing them and eating them for many people), then you can do it fairly cheap compared to how a lot of non-carnivores are eating.