Thread: I'm tired of dealing with car inspections

I'm tired of dealing with car inspections

I'm not pretending my car is a spring chicken, but I mantain the exhaust system and the emissions are clean. Where I have trouble is this OBD-II crap that has a whole checklist of requirements to pass a state emissions test, whether the fields pertain to emissions or not. I have one dumb sensor that gets stuck and the actual piece is basically rusted together so the bolt can't even be taken off or whatever. The last time I had an inspection I just had to go to a private garage where it took the mechanic two hours of fiddling with the car and performing the inspection immediately after a drive cycle before the computer would go wonky again, and I don't even want to post how much that inspection cost me.

Years ago the state would do an actual smog test, with an actual probe. Why the hell is it my responsibility to mantain my own diagnostics equipment for the state? Down over 1k from 1.5 years ago to replace my rusted exhaust system, and I'm not going to pay more to replace sensors because the government got rid of the traditional smog test as a "cost saving" measure. Well anyway, let's just say I have not parked in public lots/streets for a long while.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear ya.

The NH requirement is that 5 of the required 7 monitors that require drive cycles be functional and no MIL command or code is being sent.

Thankfully that requirement, which used to be any post 1996 vehicle with OBDII, is now waived after 20 years.

A 2003 would not be required to have that done.

Tell me more the exact cause and make model year...I might have a work around for you.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Exhaust sensor probe: A way to determine if a vehicle really is part of the pollution problem.

The new OBD-II regimen: An exercise in compliance designed to make electrics look better by making owning a gas buggy more difficult than it needs to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Govt loves to do inspections. And it's always a money maker (tax).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Here we have required yearly check ups and an actual particle/emissions measurement on the exhaust is required. Look at the Volkswagen diesel-gate, where the manufacturer built in software to run cleanly whenever it was tested but dirty otherwise. Quite interesting. My car (5cil turbo diesel), has an ECU upgrade that added ±20% to stock horses, ±10% to torque, open airfilter and improved exhaust system (that may need to be replaced by the stock system at time of the check up ). Passes the test every year.

I think the way it's done here is not the freedom way but it's reasonable. Everything is grandfathered in, if it's legal when it's first put on the road, it remains legal. I do pay a high tax to drive a diesel (about $150 a month (!), triple the price to run the same vehicle on gas), but diesel fuel is about 10% cheaper here and my car weighs almost two tons, I run between 30-40mpg depending on my foot (And I drive a lot, easily 35kmi a year).

But I'm all there with you, many of these environmental tests don't really make sense. Especially on vehicles that were designed after they were put in place, as they were designed to pass those tests. Does it actually make sense ? I don't know. Cars have become thousands of times cleaner already, literally. The newest developed diesel engines put out pretty much only water and co2 at the back.
    "I am a bird"

If I had to get inspections I'd have just switched my truck with Dankes. Its why I used his boat sometimes up North when he wasnt home, the tag on mine is always expired and it saved me gas mileage not dragging mine .
    Do something Danke

An illuminated light on the dashboard or code on a computer should have nothing to do with the passing or failing of a test measuring particulate matter exiting an exhaust system.

Inspect this.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just move to a state without emissions testing bro.

https://www.jittruckparts.com/blog/3...ssions-testing

I'm honestly surprised that the feds haven't made emissions testing maditory in every state. Threatening to cut federal money if the states fail to comply.