Thread: LA Dodgers cancel, then un-cancel "trans and qu33r" nuns group

LA Dodgers cancel, then un-cancel "trans and qu33r" nuns group

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ight-rcna85710

The Los Angeles Dodgers reversed course and reinvited a group known for its ***** and drag membership to its Pride Night event after it faced blowback over its last-minute exclusion.

The team announced the move Monday, saying the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence has agreed to appear at the event June 16 at Dodger Stadium during a game against San Francisco.

"The Los Angeles Dodgers would like to offer our sincerest apologies to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, members of the LGBTQ+ community and their friends and families," the team said.

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, established in San Francisco in 1979, was expected to accept the night's Community Hero Award.

In a statement on its homepage, the organization describes its mission: "We use humor and irreverent wit to expose the forces of bigotry, complacency and guilt that chain the human spirit."

L.A. Dodgers under fire for rescinding Pride Night invite to drag group

On May 17, after Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, decried the group's inclusion, the Dodgers rescinded its invitation. Rubio criticized the inclusion in a letter to Major League Baseball.

He said the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence mock Catholicism and encourage "perversion" of Jesus' tenets.

The team didn't expressly agree, but it argued the group's presence would be polarizing. The move came as aggressive right-wing demonstrators have targeted events known as "drag queen story hour" for threats and protests, and as Republican-dominated legislatures in multiple states have passed anti-trans bills.

The next day, LA Pride, which produces the city's eponymous annual parade and festivities celebrating LGBTQ life and culture, dropped out of Pride Night.

The Dodgers said the episode provides an opportunity "to better educate ourselves, find ways to strengthen the ties that bind and use our platform to support all of our fans who make up the diversity of the Dodgers family."

LA Pride did not immediately respond to a request for comment, and it had yet to post any official reactions on its social media platforms.

Los Angeles LGBT Center CEO Joe Hollendoner said in a statement Monday that the team's mea culpa was "a step in the right direction."

"Last week’s debacle underscores the dangerous impact of political tactics by those who seek to stoke the flames of anti-LGBTQ bias at a time when our rights are under attack," he said. "We must continue to stand together.

Edit: And I'm officially protesting the RPF auto-censor! I can't even say qu33r? That's an actual English word! And I took it right from the article!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The idea is to turn everything into a butt pirate/tranny/pedo fest so people have no where to go.

I say boycott everything, stop spending your goddamm money.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-29-2023 at 10:36 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The idea is to turn everything into a butt pirate/tranny/pedo fest so people have no where to go.

I say boycott everything, stop spending your goddamm money.
    It's actually beyond that. This is not the first pride event for the L.A. Dodgers. But it's gone beyond "Let's celebrate gay people" to "Let's mock Christianity." And mockery and pushing the envelop as far as possibly, while feigning offense when anyone pushes back, seems to be the playbook. They could have simply had Kaitlan Jenner throw out the first pitch or something. It's just like Target not simply getting a gay designer to make some clothes for Pride month but have an actual Satan worshiper design "tuck friendly" swimsuits for little boys. Or the Biden administration right after a trans person murders 6 Christians talking about the "trans community is under attack" and saying nothing about Christians being killed. Or having child sex offenders mixed in with drag queen story hour and having the drag queens actually do erotic dancing instead of just, you know, "reading a story." Everything is about pushing the envelope and evoking a reaction.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The Bolshevik Revolution 2.0
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

I hear they like bats and balls.

https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...07772779655168

They should just shut the hell up and play baseball.

But apparently, that's too much to expect nowadays.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

They really should have stuck with cancelling.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well well well...

‘Save Our Children!’: Thousands Block the Entrance to Dodger Stadium to Protest ‘Pride Night’ Celebration

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-celebration/

JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON 16 Jun 2023

Thousands of Catholics demonstrated gathered outside Dodger Stadium on Friday to protest the team’s “Pride Night” celebration, where they plan to honor the anti-Catholic group, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.

And it wasn’t long before the crowd of protesters grew so large that they blocked one of the major entrances to the stadium.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1669864763348881409

The Dodgers’ tenth annual “Pride Night” celebration will honor the anti-Catholic drag queen group with its “Community Hero Award” Friday night during a game against the visiting San Francisco Giants.

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are a “leading-edge Order of ***** and trans nuns,” according to the organization’s website.

After receiving backlash from religious groups, the Dodgers rescinded an invitation to the radical anti-Christian organization. However, the Dodgers walked back its decision and announced that the drag queen group would be re-invited to the team’s Pride Night.

The Dodgers offered its “sincerest apologies to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and their friends and families” in a statement issued after the announcement.

“A full apology and explanation was given to us by the Dodgers staff which we accept,” the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence said in a statement. “We believe the apology is sincere because the Dodgers have worked for 10 years with our community and as well they have asked us to continue an ongoing relationship with them.”

A crowd of reportedly more than 1,000 protesters gathered outside the stadium hours before the game started to protest the team’s decision to honor the anti-Catholic group.

The crowd could be heard praying, “Jesus, I trust in you,” according to a video uploaded to Twitter by Turning Point USA reporter Savanah Hernandez.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dodgers Honor Anti-Catholic Drag Queens in Front of a Near Empty Stadium

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...empty-stadium/

DYLAN GWINN 16 Jun 2023

To say there were more reporters in attendance than fans when the Dodgers honored the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence at Dodger Stadium Friday night, would not be a major exaggeration.

Sister Unity and Sister Dominia stood to represent the “Sisters” and receive their Community Heroes Award as the public address announcer made the announcement official in front of what appeared to be roughly 50 fans – at least two of which were loudly booing – and assembled media.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1669877241642385408

There. I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Come on. it's literally in the gottdam acronym
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

LBGTQLMNOP

LBGTQLMNOP

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

There. I said it.
    Said what?

Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Said what?

Stars?

I thought jm just had a cursing setting on because he's a better person than I am but I guess we're all $#@!ed ---wondering if $#@!ed is censored.

testing..$#@!ed
    testing..

We're $#@!ed

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We're $#@!ed
    Welcome back!

What fine boxed wine are we drinking tonight?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Annnd she's gone.

Welcome back!

What fine boxed wine are we drinking tonight?
    I've had to downgrade from Franzia to Winking Owl. Thanks, Biden!

I've had to downgrade from Franzia to Winking Owl. Thanks, Biden!
    I'll start a chip-in now, so you don't show up in 6 months drinking Night Train.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'll start a chip-in now, so you don't show up in 6 months drinking Night Train.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.