Thread: NC - City bus driver gets fired for shooting armed attacker

NC - City bus driver gets fired for shooting armed attacker

Bus Driver Fired After Shooting Alleged Armed Attacker

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...rmed-attacker/

AWR HAWKINS 28 May 2023

A North Carolina bus driver in the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) was fired after surveillance video showed him shoot an alleged armed attacker on the bus.

The incident occurred May 18, but surveillance video was just released.

ABC 7 reported that a 22-year-old passenger, Omarri Tobias, allegedly pulled a gun after driver, David Fullard, refused to let him off the bus between stops.

ABC News noted that Tobias allegedly said, “I dare you. I dare you to touch me. I’m going to pop your a–.” Tobias then allegedly pulled a gun and walked toward Fullard.

Fullard then pulled his own gun and opened fire.

Tobias fired too, leaving Fullard with a gunshot wound to his arm. Tobias was shot in the abdomen.

Fullard stopped the bus and continued to fire at Tobias as he crawled toward the rear of the bus.

CATS fired Fullard over the incident, claiming he did not properly attempt to deescalate the situation. CATS also noted Fullard was barred from bringing a gun to work.

WSOC pointed out that Fullard’s attorney indicated his client had a gun because he did not feel safe on the job.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1662785840215388161

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listen up folks: you CAN NOT keep shooting after a threat has passed, run off, died, or is in any other way, no longer a deadly threat.

No matter how justified your response may have been initially, you will lose the fight, legally, if you continue to fire after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Listen up folks: you CAN NOT keep shooting after a threat has passed, run off, died, or is in any other way, no longer a deadly threat.

No matter how justified your response may have been initially, you will lose the fight, legally, if you continue to fire after the fact.
    I mean, this should just be common sense. However, when the adrenaline is pumping, humans will continue all sorts of things that come naturally to them. One of those things is to complete the job. If the situation hasn't reached a final resolution, the adrenaline can very easily carry it home.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Tell that to law enforcement.

Thou shalt not defend thyself nor others, pleb.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Tell that to law enforcement.
    I have been.

For decades.

Until the Marxists came along and co-opted the push for police reform and turned it into a racially oriented $#@! show.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Thou shalt not defend thyself nor others, pleb.
    I have no problem with this man wasting the thug who pulled a gun and threatened to shoot him.

He $#@!ed around and found out.

But because I want as many people as possible armed for defense, I also want to make sure people understand the legal limits on lethal force self defense.

And almost universally, if you continue to use deadly force against a perp that has assumed room temperature, has surrendered, has run off, or in any other way, a reasonable person would assume there is no longer a deadly threat posed, you will end up in very hot water.

I feel you, but I would take it even further.

I would argue that there is an agenda to frighten the plebs into relinquishing self defense altogether.

Even when it's completely warranted.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-29-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is that kid alive.

Listen to this $#@!ing cuck, I'm calling them tomorrow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYpjlP7S9UA

I was just about to say "Didn't AF say that's not a justified shooting" and your next post says exactly that! That said...I would have just stopped the bus. Yeah the shooting was justified before the thug ran away...but I would have just stopped the bus.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.