Thread: RIP Jim Brown

RIP Jim Brown

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...er-his-passing

Jim Brown's Wife Issues Statement After His Passing
    MATT AUDILETMAY 19, 2023
    Jim Brown running the ball for the Cleveland Browns.
    UNDATED: Cleveland Browns' running back Jim Brown #32 runs with the ball. Jim Brown played for the Browns from 1957-1965. (Photo by Focus on Sport via Getty Images)

Focus On Sport/Getty Images

Jim Brown, one of the greatest football players of all time, has passed away at 87 years old.

Brown's wife, Monique, announced his death with an Instagram post on Friday afternoon. She said he "passed peacefully" at their Los Angeles home on Thursday night.

"It is with profound sadness that I announce the passing of my husband, Jim Brown. He passed peacefully last night at our LA home," the post read. "To the world he was an activist, actor, and football star. To our family he was a loving and wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. Our hearts are broken..."

Brown, a four-time league MVP, recorded eight first-team All-NFL selections over his nine-year professional career. The former Syracuse star revolutionized the running back position and retired as the undisputed best to ever do it in 1966. He never missed a single game in his entire NFL career, suiting up for 118 contests.

"It’s impossible to describe the profound love and gratitude we feel for having the opportunity to be a small piece of Jim’s incredible life and legacy. We mourn his passing, but celebrate the indelible light he brought to the world," the Cleveland Browns wrote in response to Brown's passing.

Brown was named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of the 1971 class.

Our thoughts are with Monique, the Brown family and all those who were close to him during this difficult time.

I will always remember Jim Brown as a true hero and the actual definition of a social justice warrior. I know he had to take same heat meeting with Trump and Kanye over criminal justice reform, but that meeting had results.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I've always thought that he should never be addressed as simply "Jim Brown"

The proper title that I've always known him by is "Football Legend, Jim Brown".

RIP

He also starred in one of the best movies of my childhood:

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Jim Brown announcing for the UFC was epic.

Some classic lines.

RIP.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Rest in peace.
    Do something Danke