Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYC - Racist white Karen steals rental bike from black man, causes uproar, loses job.

I was just about to post this. I saw this on @angelatc's Twitter feed. (I miss her here.) I wonder what @anti Federlist's take is on the other side of the story? Anyway, lots to unpack here. First it's a shame that the story got racialized. I doubt this would be a national news story if both parties were the same race. Second, yeah I get it. She was pregnant. It would have been "nice" to just let her have the bike. But did he [b]have/b] to?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    TL;DR: Despite the fact that it wasn't actually on his account at the time, "Michael" was entitled to dibs on the disputed bike because he likes to ride them a lot. (Also, he is poor and black, and came within a hair's breadth of being killed by the cops.)
    That's not how I read it. Michael had "dibs" on the bike because he was actually there on the bike. He didn't just re-check it out immediately but it sounds like he was resting. He could have re-checked it out immediately, but that would have started the 45 minute count down again. Now someone can say "Tough titty. Just recheck it out and deal with it." But that's different from the "He stole the bike from the pitiful pregnant lady who's now being unfairly targeted as a Karen" narrative.

But the whole "45 minute / re-check in for a discount" nonsense is part of the problem. The poverty comes into this story because that's what triggers the "45 minute" issue. He got as many 45 minute rides as he wanted for $5 per month because he's on SNAP and then the rate goes up to $.17 per minute. If the policy was simply "Pay $5 per month and ride for $.05 per minute" then this whole scenario likely wouldn't have happened. Then again, he might have stopped to rest. Which brings up the second problem, artificial scarcity. I remember bikes like then being introduced in Birmingham Alabama back in the 1990s. And I never saw anybody on them. Birmingham is a car and bus city. Many more people are carless in New York. I see a few more people these days using such bikes and using scooters. In Nashville scooters are everywhere. It became something of a gold rush with at least 4 different scooter companies leaving them around the city and there was no designated scooter parking. People were complaining about scooters being left on the sidewalk and they almost got banned. I think the city limited the number of scooter companies allowed. Now there is designated scooter parking. But the bottom line is, there's no wait for finding a scooter. Is there any competition for Citibike? Or has New York granted a monopoly? If competitors were allowed in maybe the rent-a-bikes would be as abundant as scooters in Nashville. And maybe Citibike could strike a deal with hospitals to reserve certain bikes only to be unlocked by hospital employees. It's just software after all.

Anyhow I'm glad to see the other side. Neither party is as bad as it's being portrayed in the media. And not every encounter is worth a viral video but that's the world we live in.

Mother Of Teen In Citi Bike Video Speaks Out: ‘No One Bothered To Ask Him What Happened’
    In an exclusive interview with NewsOne, the 17-year-old who refused to give up his bike to Sarah Jane Comrie said she's been ‘rewarded’ for her antics while he and his family are suffering.
    https://newsone.com/4592993/sarah-ja...er-speaks-out/
    Monique Judge (25 May 2023)

Mary and Michael are eager to talk to me, but Betty, their mother, is reluctant to let Michael speak with anyone.

He’s only 17 years old. “He’s my baby,” Betty says.

He’s a senior in high school. He should be planning to attend his prom and looking forward to walking the stage at his graduation in a few weeks, but instead, he and his family have spent the last week and a half living in turmoil.

Michael is the teen in the infamous Citi Bike video with Sarah Jane Comrie, the woman who has been accused of weaponizing whiteness and her tears in an effort to take the bike from the teen in New York City.

Betty has seen video after video of racists and trolls calling her son a “thug” and a “thief” and labeling him as a “man” when, in her words, “He’s just a boy.”

It hurts her that people are saying these things — things that she knows are not true — about him.

been one-sided.

“No one bothered to contact us to find out Michael’s story,” she said in a low voice during an interview on Wednesday. “They write all of these things about him, but no one bothered to ask him what happened or look at his receipts.”

Michael interjected: “That’s because if they have my side of the story, she doesn’t have a case.”

Mary agreed with him, saying, “Right.”

Throughout the entire 50-minute interview with Betty and her children, she had her phone out watching video after video of conservatives and racists saying negative things about her baby.

She is afraid that someone will try to harm her son or her family.

“No one is helping us,” she said, her voice cracking. “We are poor people. We are immigrants. We can’t afford a lawyer.”

Mary, who is 24, and Michael told their mother that now is their chance to tell his story. Betty agreed only on the condition that their names are changed to protect their identities.

“I don’t want anything to happen to my family,” Betty said. “Do you know what I mean?”

A Bronx tale

Mary and Michael live with their parents and another brother in an apartment in the Bronx.

Mary and Michael were born in the U.S., but their parents are immigrants from West Africa.

Mary, her other brother and both parents work to help contribute to the family income.

“We live in the Bronx, but my brother spends a lot of time in Harlem,” Mary said. “He has friends there.”

On May 12, the date of the incident, Michael and four other teenagers rode bikes from the Bronx to Harlem.

“My brother is an extreme Citi Bike rider,” Mary said proudly. “He is in a group called Citi Bike Angels that sends out free stuff to people who have accumulated a certain amount of points, and my brother has been a frequent Citi Bike rider since 2020 or 2021.”

Michael said it’s a regular routine with him and his friends. They meet up in the Bronx, find the new e-bikes Citi Bike has out, and ride them all over New York City.
    Understanding how Citi Bike works

“I use Citi Bike every day,” Michael said. “I use the bikes to get to and from school. If I’m traveling anywhere in the city, even if it’s from here to Brooklyn, my first option is Citi Bike.”

“It’s my preferred mode of transport. It’s like my car,” he added.

Michael said he and his friends, who are all from immigrant West African families, understand Citi Bike and all its programs. They use them because, for teenagers like themselves, it’s a cheaper option than taking the subway from borough to borough.

Michael said that day they walked around the Bronx for 20 minutes before they found the highly coveted but hard-to-find new e-bikes.

They took the bikes to Harlem first, where they stopped riding after 45 minutes.

Michael explained that because his family receives some public assistance, he gets a discount on Citi Bike rides, but after 45 minutes, the rate on the bikes increases.

Michael said he pays for his own Citi Bike account, and in order to avoid the higher charges, he frequently stops his rides before they go over 45 minutes to rest and re-dock the bike. Re-docking the bike resets the timer, allowing him to ride for another 45 minutes before stopping again.

“Even regular Citi Bike riders do this,” Mary explained. “The price goes up after 45 minutes for everyone, so people routinely ride their bikes, dock their bikes, ride their bikes, and dock their bikes again.”

The encounter with Sarah Jane Comrie

Michael said after resting in Harlem for a bit, the boys continued riding into the Lower East Side of Manhattan. They grabbed frozen yogurt and then headed to the Citi Bike docking station at 1st Avenue and E 30th Street near Bellevue Hospital in the Kip’s Bay neighborhood. They docked their bikes at 7:19 p.m. and sat there to rest.

Michael insisted he and his friends never left the bikes unattended. They don’t leave the bikes. Michael said all four of his friends also have the same Citi Bike Reduced Fare membership, so they docked the bikes to stop the timers from going over 45 minutes.

Four of the boys were sitting on their bikes as they rested, but Michael was standing next to his with his hands on the handlebars.

They were there for a few minutes when he said Sarah Jane Comrie approached their group. She initially asked one of Michael’s friends if she could take the bike he was resting on. He politely declined, informing her that they were going to be leaving shortly and using the bikes again.

She next approached a different boy in the group and asked him the same thing. That boy also politely declined.

Michael was still standing near his bike with his hands on the handlebars.

According to Michael, Sarah Jane Comrie asked him, “Can I please have this bike?”

Michael said he declined.

“No, I’m about to take it back out,” he told her.

Michael said Sarah Jane Comrie then said to him, “I’m pregnant. Can you help a pregnant woman out?”

Michael said he then told her, “I’m sorry ma’am. I’ve ridden this bike all the way from the Bronx, and I need this bike to go back home.”

Michael says that is when Sarah Jane Comrie moved closer to him and his bike, leaned over him, and scanned the QR code with her phone even as he had his hands on the handlebars.

She then pushed her way onto the bike and attempted to remove it from the docking station and take it.

It was 7:24 p.m., and that is when the boys began recording.

You can hear them in the video calling for someone to record Sarah Jane Comrie at the beginning of the footage.

“You know if someone is using something,” Mary interjected emphatically. “There are obvious physical cues to let you know when something is in use or someone is planning to use something.”

Michael insisted Sarah Jane Comrie knew he was planning to use the bike. He said she asked him and his friends to use theirs, and they all informed her they were using the bikes and would be leaving shortly.

He said she seemed annoyed that they wouldn’t willingly give up their bikes to her. He also said he believes she wanted that bike as opposed to the others that remained docked in the rack because he had one of the newer e-bikes.

The rest of the interaction plays out in the video. Sarah Jane Comrie, dressed in scrubs bearing the NYC Health + Hospitals logo, removed her work ID badge from her neck, placed it in her bag along with a brown paper bag she was holding and began screaming for help.

The boys can be heard repeatedly telling her it’s not her bike. During the filmed part of the interaction, Michael was able to successfully push the bike back into the dock. He said he then entered the bike’s number into his phone to put the reservation back on his account.

Michael said when Sarah Jane Comrie noticed him doing this, she snatched his phone out of his hand, which is shown in the video.

Michael’s story contradicts the narrative from Sarah Jane Comrie’s attorney

Michael’s story directly contradicts the narrative that Justin Marino — the employment attorney representing Sarah Jane Comrie — gave in a statement he wrote to the New York Post.

In the statement, Marino wrote that Sarah Jane Comrie approached the rack of Citi Bikes and got on “an available bike, which no individuals were on or touching.” Marino also wrote that as Comrie was allegedly backing the bike out of the dock, “a group of about five individuals approached her, saying that the bike was theirs.”

“One or more individuals in that group physically pushed her bike (with her on it) back into the docking station, causing it to re-lock,” the statement also claimed.

Marino originally made public redacted alleged receipts, but as of Wednesday, his apparent Twitter account posted the unredacted receipts showing Sarah Jane Comrie had rented the bike for one minute at 7:24 p.m.

That timestamp matches both the video and Michael’s version of the events.
    Michael has receipts, too

Michael provided NewsOne with copies of all his receipts for the bike from that day.

They show he originally rented the bike at 5:53 p.m. He returned it after his final ride at 10:12 p.m.

Each of the receipts he sent for review shows him riding the bike in intervals of 45 minutes or less, re-docking the bike, and then taking it out again a short time later.

The impact of all of this on a 17-year-old Black boy in America

“I can’t say that all of this is not affecting me,” Michael said.

“At first, I felt supported. It was like I went through this thing, people saw the video of it, and they were supporting me,” he said.

But all that changed when Marino put his statement out in the media.

“When those receipts got released, everything flipped,” Michael said. “People started calling me a ‘thief,’ a ‘thug,’ and a ‘Black man.’

“It’s definitely having an effect on me,” he continued. “It’s just like, ‘wow. This is crazy.’”

Michael added: “She did something wrong, and she basically got rewarded for it. She’s made over $100,000 on a GoFundMe. She got all the white conservatives on her side. Everyone who was on my side has just kind of stayed silent.”

Michael’s story deserves to be told

Michael and Mary say that’s why Mary posted a video on TikTok about the ordeal.

They said they were tired of the narrative claiming he tried to take something from Sarah Jane Comrie when it was the other way around.

Mary made the TikTok video telling her brother’s side of the story, and it caught the attention of social media influencers, including Tizzy and ThatGuyDanesh, who shared it on their platforms.

In the video, Mary provided receipts to prove her brother was the one who had rented the bike first.

“I’m unable to wrap my mind around any of this,” Mary told NewsOne.

“My brother has been riding Citi Bikes for three years, and nothing like this has ever happened. My family has never been involved in a situation like this.”

“It’s a lot,” Mary added. “I’m the person that’s appointed to be the representative for my family. My parents are immigrants. My mom doesn’t know what to do. She can’t handle any of this, so it’s up to me to figure out what to do.”

Mary also said she has reached out to attorneys to try to get help or legal representation, but thus far, no one has offered to help.

She said she contacted a prominent civil rights attorney who initially tweeted about the video, but he advised her he doesn’t practice “that kind of law” and suggested she contact the New York State Bar Association for a referral.

“There have been a bunch of roadblocks to getting my brother’s story out there,” Mary said. “He’s only 17. He doesn’t deserve to be going through this. And this woman just comes up and starts harassing a bunch of teenagers.”

Mary said her brother’s friend started recording because they wanted to stay safe.

A mother’s fears for her son

“This situation is really driving me crazy and making me sick,” Betty said. “We have never been in this situation before.”

“We came to this country to make a better life for our kids,” she continued. “We are not thieves. Just because we are poor doesn’t mean we are thieves.”

Betty said Michael had to stay home from school for a few days because of the mental anguish of the incident and all that has come after it.

“As a mother, you don’t want to see your child like that,” she said.

Betty said she was horrified when she first saw the video.

“My reaction when I saw it was ‘oh my God. I almost lost my son in that moment.’ Do you understand me? I am not from here, but we all know this country,” she said. “But how the policemen here do our sons, and our husbands, and our fathers. They kill us.”

Betty continued.

“So with a white woman standing right there and screaming for someone to help, if the police had come, and my son was standing there, they are going to shoot him. If he runs, they are going to shoot him.”

“Everyone is taking her side because she is rich, and she is white, and she hired a lawyer, and the lawyer is defending her. They put it all over the television, and no one tried to find out who the boy is who could have lost his life. They didn’t find out who the family is. Everybody just ignored us like we don’t matter.”

“I don’t care how much money that lady is getting because if I were to lose my son, the whole world full of money would not bring him back. Yes, we are immigrants. Yes, we are poor, but we are not thieves. I get EBT because I wish I could afford to feed my children, but I can’t. I work seven days a week. We aren’t hurting anybody.”

Betty got emotional several times during the interview, something for which she repeatedly apologized.

“That lady asked my boy for his bike, and he said no,” Betty said. “Why couldn’t she just go and get a different bike?”
    SEE ALSO:
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I was just about to post this. I saw this on @angelatc's Twitter feed. (I miss her here.)
    Yeah, that's where I got the story from - beat you to it!

(And I'd like to see @angelatc come back, too.)

First it's a shame that the story got racialized. I doubt this would be a national news story if both parties were the same race.
    The whole thing is just ridiculous. By itself, it was just another Friday in the Big City - where thousands of things exactly like this happen every day, without even any local (let alone national) notice or attention.

But then the race-hucksters showed up and decided to make hay over it - and in the course of doing so, some of them significantly (and IMO maliciously) defamed Sarah Comrie [1]. That's the part I find fascinating about this whole affair, and I hope they get the hell sued out of them.

As for the actual incident itself, it's just a minor squabble between two obstinate people neither of whom could be the bigger person and just cede the bike to the other.

Second, yeah I get it. She was pregnant. It would have been "nice" to just let her have the bike. But did he [b]have/b] to?

[...] Michael had "dibs" on the bike because he was actually there on the bike. He didn't just re-check it out immediately but it sounds like he was resting. He could have re-checked it out immediately, but that would have started the 45 minute count down again. Now someone can say "Tough titty. Just recheck it out and deal with it." But that's different from the "He stole the bike from the pitiful pregnant lady who's now being unfairly targeted as a Karen" narrative.
    As far as the "nice" thing goes, it would also have been "nice" for her to have let him keep dibs on the particular bike he wanted to keep on using - but given that he wasn't entitled to claim the bike because it was not actually on his account at the time (regardless of whether "he was actually there on the bike"), she is technically in the right, and that's the only objective "tie breaker" we have to go by. Beyond that, it's just an entirely subjective argument over who ought to have been the "nicer" person.

As for the "stealing" narrative, it was Comrie, not "Michael", who was initially being denounced as a thief by Crump, Richey, et al. - and not as an "alleged" thief, either, but just as an outright, actual thief. In fact, Richey even went so far as to say "if a black male went up to the white female who paid for her opportunity to utilize the device and he decided to grab it and try to take it we will call that clearly attempted theft", implying that what Comrie was doing was "clearly attempted theft" - and he said it over a chyron that read "KAREN USES WHITE TEARS TO STEAL E-BIKE FROM BLACK RIDER"). Then, later, when it turned out Comrie had receipts showing her claim to the bike was valid, Richey somehow forgot that by his own logic "Michael" would therefore "clearly" be a thief (not Comrie). Instead, he suddenly remembered the virtues of granting the benefit of the doubt to "Michael" (which he never for a moment granted to Comrie).

Anyhow I'm glad to see the other side. Neither party is as bad as it's being portrayed in the media. And not every encounter is worth a viral video but that's the world we live in.
    I agree 100%.

I have no beef with "Michael" (especially now that his "side" has been presented [2]).

My beef is with the $#@!-stirring grievance-mongers like Rashad Richey.

I hope Comrie's lawyer nails their jackal-hides to the wall.

[1] Such as Ben Crump, or Rashad Richey & Emma Vigeland at The Young Turks. (And that national NBC News "journalist" who precipitously went to Comrie's apartment and solicited half-baked reactions from Comrie's neighbors only served to fan the flames.)

[2] I do think that whole "his life was put in jeopardy, because cops might have killed him" thing at the end of the story is more than a little ridiculous, though - it's just egregiously and cynically manipulative. The cops had absolutely nothing to do with anything here. They were not involved in any way, and no complaint was even (or will be) filed with them about this incident.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-27-2023 at 08:46 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nate the Lawyer | EXPOSED! TYT's Dr. Richey Begs for Mercy from CITI Bike Karen!
    Dr. Rashad Richey begs for mercy from NYC hospital worker who he claimed attempted to steal a bike from 5 Black men.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2l6xjT7-2E
    Wait a second. She rented the bike before going outside? (Yeah...I didn't really pay that much attention to this story.) Okay. I still stand by the "This is likely caused by artificial scarcity from a city created monopoly" part of my statement...but yeah. She had more reason to expect usage of the bike than they did. But then again...at 2:00 the video said she just rented another bike. So...um.....I'm confused. I don't know why he didn't just rent the other bike...and I don't know why she didn't just rent the other bike without an argument. I mean....I get her side...but...why? The main thing to worry about is making sure the first bike isn't being charged against her card. And maybe that's what this was about. Anyhow I hope she sues all those losers in the media and wins. I can't stand TYT.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Wait a second. She rented the bike before going outside? (Yeah...I didn't really pay that much attention to this story.) Okay. I still stand by the "This is likely caused by artificial scarcity from a city created monopoly" part of my statement...but yeah. She had more reason to expect usage of the bike than they did. But then again...at 2:00 the video said she just rented another bike. So...um.....I'm confused. I don't know why he didn't just rent the other bike...and I don't know why she didn't just rent the other bike without an argument. I mean....I get her side...but...why? The main thing to worry about is making sure the first bike isn't being charged against her card. And maybe that's what this was about. Anyhow I hope she sues all those losers in the media and wins. I can't stand TYT.
    He's using the bike. He has to dock it and end current session or the rate goes up.

He docks and she rents. The computer assigns the bike he was using to her.

She wants a bike and has rental of this one, he wants this one because he had been using it. Eventually it's re-docked, ending her session at zero miles.

He rents it and she rents another.

This isn't some old school don't-put-your-nickel-in-an-empty-slot widget. You play with your phone and you get told what number bike to look for by a computer that has no idea the last user never got off of it.

Why he prefers to keep riding the bike with a battery he just half used up is beyond me. I'd grab something that has been charging.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2023 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's using the bike. He has to dock it and end current session or the rate goes up.

He docks and she rents. The computer assigns the bike he was using to her.

She has it, he wants it. Eventually it's re-docked, ending her session at zero miles.

He rents it and she rents another.

This isn't some old school don't-put-your-nickel-in-an-empty-slot widget. You play with your phone and you get told what number bike to look for.
    I forgot about it until now, but all this reminded me: it was pointed out in a at least a couple of the videos I posted that if a bike isn't returned, the person to whom it was assigned can be charged $1200 or more for the cost of the bike. Taking "Michael"'s side of the story at face value (and I don't see any reason not to), I don't think he was up to any shenanigans - but Comrie didn't have any way of knowing that at the time. It would certainly explain why she insisted on using that particular bike. (And after "Michael" forced the re-dock and the bike was cleared from her account, she did use a different one.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-26-2023 at 08:15 PM.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1662284633499922432
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Actual Justice Warrior | Bike "Karen" Attackers DEMAND Money
    In this video I discuss the final update to the whole "Bike Karen" saga. A so-called journalist has dropped an article making absurd claims about the story that of course end up proving the boys were in the wrong.
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...demand-money:a

If I purchased tickets to a sold out show that would be taking place in 3 months, I purchased an assigned seat. The day of the show, somebody is sitting in my seat. There is no opportunity for me to take another seat. Besides, I paid a premium price for this particular seat.

If I am moving Memorial Day weekend and rented a Uhaul truck, down the street in January, and have a confirmed reservation, and I show up and the idiot behind the counter rented the last truck to somebody else, what happens to me? I get no truck and no satisfaction and there is no other truck to rent anywhere within 200 miles. That is the difference between self service and full service. NO Fight with another customer. Just a bad rating for Uhaul. Imagine a kiosk self serve Uhaul on a busy weekend.

This should never have been national news. Hell. It should have been relegated to neighborhood gossip and disappeared in a day.

Didn't her employer fire her over this?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This should never have been national news. Hell. It should have been relegated to neighborhood gossip and disappeared in a day.
    Seriously. WWIII is brewing. This thing's about two slices of tomato short of a nothing burger.

The blame for all of this controversy lies squarely on the person who recorded it and put it on the internet. Was “Michael” ok with that? Double blame on him if he was complicit in making it public.

Why would they post it? Cancel culture. Laugh at and destroy a white Karen. Media, the schools and the Marxists have taught them to do this. “Whiteness” must be destroyed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The blame for all of this controversy lies squarely on the person who recorded it and put it on the internet. Was “Michael” ok with that? Double blame on him if he was complicit in making it public.

Why would they post it? Cancel culture. Laugh at and destroy a white Karen. Media, the schools and the Marxists have taught them to do this. “Whiteness” must be destroyed.
    People make and release stupid videos all the time. The kid was a jerk, but there are worse people out there The media is the bad guys, IMO. I usually think most lawsuits are frivolous, but I hope she sues those who broadcasted it into oblivion.

Kudos to Nate - this is the best video on the subject so far.

And much respect to this guy gentleman:

I think that national NBC News "journalist" is primarily to blame for this blowing up the way it did.

And then Ben Crump, Rashad Richey, Emma Vigeland, et al. came along and did their thing.

The media is the bad guys, IMO. I usually think most lawsuits are frivolous, but I hope she sues those who broadcasted it into oblivion.
    Absolutely.

Maybe if their hides get a good tanning, they'll be a little more circumspect when it comes to pouring gas and fanning flames.

And much respect to this guy gentleman:

I think that national NBC News "journalist" is primarily to blame for this blowing up the way it did.

And then Ben Crump, Rashad Richey, Emma Vigeland, et al. came along and did their thing.

Absolutely.

Maybe if their hides get a good tanning, they'll be a little more circumspect when it comes to pouring gas and fanning flames.
    Looks like this might be "waking" up Anna Kasparian of TYT.

Edit : Wow! And in the last few minutes, LiberalHiveMind shows Anna contradicting Cenk Uygur by saying the best way to help Ukraine is by pushing for peace talks!
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-29-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Edit : Wow! And in the last few minutes, LiberalHiveMind shows Anna contradicting Cenk Uygur by saying the best way to help Ukraine is by pushing for peace talks!

mindblown.gif
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    mindblown.gif

People make and release stupid videos all the time. The kid was a jerk, but there are worse people out there The media is the bad guys, IMO. I usually think most lawsuits are frivolous, but I hope she sues those who broadcasted it into oblivion.
    It goes without saying, the Marxist media foment and agitate, and this was convenient for them. But it wouldn’t be available for them if the “Karen hunting” kids hadn’t recorded it and made it public. More than one person is to blame, but the people who did it in the first place get the most blame.

Good video for breaking down the facts and timeline.

I disagree with some of his conclusions. When he says the bike “became” the kids again after he forced it back into the dock and then scanned it is ridiculous. He just forcibly took it from the nurse. Did his phone become hers when she grabbed it out of his hand?

Looks like this might be "waking" up Anna Kasparian of TYT.
    ...Why would they post it? Cancel culture. Laugh at and destroy a white Karen. Media, the schools and the Marxists have taught them to do this. “Whiteness” must be destroyed.
    As Anna Kasparian called it, “Karen hunting”...

No doubt she relates to the nurse, and that was enough to snap her out of her usual leftist hive-mind fog.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It goes without saying, the Marxist media foment and agitate, and this was convenient for them. But it wouldn’t be available for them if the “Karen hunting” kids hadn’t recorded it and made it public. More than one person is to blame, but the people who did it in the first place get the most blame.

I disagree with some of his conclusions. When he says the bike “became” the kids again after he forced it back into the dock and then scanned it is ridiculous. He just forcibly took it from the nurse. Did his phone become hers when she grabbed it out of his hand?

As Anna Kasparian called it, “Karen hunting”...

No doubt she relates to the nurse, and that was enough to snap her out of her usual leftist hive-mind fog.
    Yeah...I figured that. The shocking part is that she broke when Cenk on Ukraine.

I agree.

The bike was technically on his account after that - but only because he forcibly docked it while it was still on her account before he scanned it.

Actual Justice Warrior | TizzyENT Doubles Down On Bike "Karen" Defamation
    In this video I discuss the recent updates to the whole "Bike Karen" fiasco. I explain how now that the sister is doing interviews we can see who is trying to create conflict & who is trying to diffuse it.
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...n-bike-karen:b

Actual Justice Warrior | Rashad Richey Doubles Down On Bike "Karen" LIE
    n this video I discuss this INSANE double down by Rashad Richey on the Citi Bike "Karen" myth.
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...n-bike-karen:9

Nate strongly emphasizes your point in this video (and he even justifies the phone thing):

Nate the Lawyer | Citi Bike Story Update | TYT's Dr. Richey Gets Emotional & Doubles Down.
    TYT's Dr. Richey goes Full TRANS-KAREN over Citi Bike Story with tears.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkckarFWOE
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-10-2023 at 05:04 PM.

I have not been very on top of this issue. Has City Bike or the owners of the bicycles made any statements? Why is this all white pregnant female nurse and black teenage boys? I would think that white pregnant female nurse would be suing the bicycle company for their terrible policy and lack of management and fostering this squatting behavior. A paying customer is getting harassed by a thug and where is the bicycle company's response?

First it's a shame that the story got racialized. I doubt this would be a national news story if both parties were the same race.
    I doubt this would have even happened if neither party were black.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    A paying customer is getting harassed by a thug and where is the bicycle company's response?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nate strongly emphasizes your point in this video (and he even justifies the phone thing):
    Yeah, he was quick to either clarify or backtrack on that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12