Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Durham report finally released.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    IOW: "Random schmucks on the Internet have more political savvy than Donald Trump."

Well, okay, I guess ... if you say so ...
    I thought I showed considerable restraint in not referring him to my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IOW: "Random schmucks on the Internet have more political savvy than Donald Trump."

Do the odds. What are the odds a guy who gets elected President knew more than the less than 2-3% of the population on the internet who knew that $#@!?

Admittedly, the number is much higher now than it was in 2015. You have Trump to thank for that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Me and you knew not to trust anybody in DC, Trump thought he could trust SOME people there to do the right thing, but he didn't know how swampy the entire thing was.

Do the odds. What are the odds a guy who gets elected President knew more than the less than 2-3% of the population on the internet who knew that $#@!?

Admittedly, the number is much higher now than it was in 2015. You have Trump to thank for that.
    IOW: "Random schmucks on the Internet have more political savvy than Donald Trump." ... than Donald Trump ...

Well, okay, I guess ... if you say so ... you say so ...

(Hey! Is there an echo in here ?... echo in here? ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-24-2023 at 12:14 AM.

IOW: "Random schmucks on the Internet have more political savvy than Donald Trump." ... than Donald Trump ...

Well, okay, I guess ... if you say so ... you say so ...

(Hey! Is there an echo in here ?... echo in here? ...)
    Define "political savy"

If you include getting elected, there are none.

If you include armchair quarterbacking all his actions in office, then ya, sure..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Define "political savvy"
    [Knowing] not to trust anybody in DC [...]
    If you include getting elected, there are none.

If you include armchair quarterbacking all his actions in office, then ya, sure..
    [...] Trump thought he could trust SOME people there to do the right thing, but he didn't know how swampy the entire thing was.
    [insert moving_the_goalposts.gif here]

[insert moving_the_goalposts.gif here]
    That's not really moving the goalposts since none of them can get elected, and Trump can. Trump is one of the few outsiders in the entire world who has even a remote possibility of being elected President.

If Ron Paul Forums got to vote for President, and whoever won became President, I wouldn't even really consider voting for Trump.. his biggest asset is how much they $#@!ed him over during his first term and how much vengeance he wants for that - add to that how good he is at getting vengeance.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-24-2023 at 02:30 AM.

Define "political savy"
    It's the stuff you said you and I have and Trump doesn't.

But you're wrong. The mere fact that you're this convinced he isn't what he is proves he's the savvy one, not you.

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...02514340651008

Presented for your (bitter) amusement:

The scandal that's hit America and will be bigger than Watergate
    It will soon become clear that the Biden-Garland-establishment system has engaged in criminality that makes Watergate look like kindergarten
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/scan...gger-watergate
    Newt Gingrich (25 May 2023)

The current reports of executive branch illegality make Watergate look like kindergarten mischief.

It is clear from the Durham report and the work of House Republican hearings that the current scandals in the Biden White House — and senior bureaucracies at the Justice Department, IRS and elsewhere — are much deeper and more cancerous than Watergate ever was.

It may be hard to remember, but Watergate came about due to a weird, dumb and fairly narrow set of criminal behaviors which mushroomed into 69 officials being indicted and 48 imprisoned.

I remember Watergate vividly, because I first ran for Congress in 1974 during the Watergate scandal.

President Richard Nixon had won the largest popular vote majority in modern history in 1972 (60.7 percent to 37.5 percent). He won every state and territory except Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.

Two short years later, he became the first president to resign from office.

In an idiotic move, the Nixon presidential campaign sent five men to burglarize the Democratic National Committee headquarters in the Watergate Hotel. Aside from being a crime, it was idiotic because Nixon was clearly going to win in a landslide. They did not need any information. But the Nixon re-elect campaign had so much money, had hired so many people, and had become so drunk with power that it lost control of what it was doing.

The real problem came when President Nixon and his team intervened to try to control the investigation. Ultimately, the President used the CIA, the FBI and the IRS to try to divert and cover up the involvement of the campaign with the Watergate burglars.

John Mitchell became the first attorney general to be sent to jail. He was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice and perjury. He was ultimately sentenced to 19 months in a federal minimum-security prison in Montgomery, Alabama.

Mitchell is an extremely important parallel to the current disaster, because Attorney General Merrick Garland seems to be doing a lot more obstructing of justice than Mitchell ever dreamed of doing. Garland’s Justice Department reportedly instructed the IRS to disband the unit investigating Hunter Biden’s taxes.

He has used the FBI to harass former President Donald Trump and a wide range of Republicans. And he’s turned a blind eye to every report of foreign money going to the Biden family ($3 million in one Chinese transaction, a diamond sent to Hunter Biden, millions of dollars sent by the widow of the Mayor of Moscow, etc.).

Garland’s also done nothing with the clear references to "the big guy" in various Hunter Biden emails. He’s ignored the testimony of Hunter Biden’s associates that Joe Biden was actively supporting them as vice president. The list goes on.

If Nixon’s White House was trying, unsuccessfully, to manipulate the IRS, the FBI and the CIA, Biden’s White House has become quite good at it. These institutions are now so corrupted that their senior leadership is instinctively willing to break the law, frame the innocent, and obstruct justice in defense of their chosen leader. This includes lying to FISA courts, leaking falsehoods to the equally corrupt elite media, and isolating and punishing would-be whistleblowers.

Compare the shock of Democrats and Republicans in the Watergate era with the staunch unwillingness of virtually any Democrat to go after the Biden family scandals — or to be infuriated at the blatant abuses of power and obstructions of justice.

The Durham report had an impact, because it began to build a narrative of such institutional illegality and corruption that the hand of the House Republican investigators has been dramatically strengthened.

Over the next few months, we will learn more about just how sick the system has become, just how dishonest the elite corporate media are, and just how deep the need for reform is.

In Watergate, a narrow trail of idiotic criminal behavior and cover up led to 69 officials being indicted and 48 going to jail.

When the tide turns, and honest people are once again openly enraged and demanding action, we are going to learn just how much corruption there is.

At that point, we will realize that Watergate was a modest preliminary venture into lawbreaking, and the Biden-Garland-establishment system is filled with criminality on a grand scale.

Over the next few months...
    See, this is where they always lose me. I'm not one of these "indictments and mass-arrests" buffoons... but damn-it, if you have an actual existential crisis... blood gushing from the jugular and zero blood-pressure, that's when you take decisive action, not sit around and strategize how the corpse could be useful in the next 4-year election run. "Never let a good emergency go to waste" only works for Fake News 'emergencies', not reality. What use is it to have the best possible political strategy for a 2024 Red Wave... if you're running the damn thing from a smoldering heap of radioactive ruins where a major American city used to be? If these DC insiders have so much control over this information that they can release it in a trickle "over the next few months", why hasn't this information already been acted on, a long time ago?!

The only people who seem to be comfortable in Clown World are the DC Swamp creatures, both left and right... so that means the right-wing insiders knew this was coming all along and never said anything about it... isn't that treachery, too??

</vent>

PS: Not directed at you personally, just getting fed up with years and years of this endless merry-go-round ...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    PS: Not directed at you personally, just getting fed up with years and years of this endless merry-go-round ...
    No offense taken. As I said:
    Presented for your (bitter) amusement:

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/Tom74818810/stat...68132266074113

https://twitter.com/RepDanBishop/sta...70619232817157
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That's not really moving the goalposts since none of them can get elected, and Trump can. Trump is one of the few outsiders in the entire world who has even a remote possibility of being elected President.

If Ron Paul Forums got to vote for President, and whoever won became President, I wouldn't even really consider voting for Trump.. his biggest asset is how much they $#@!ed him over during his first term and how much vengeance he wants for that - add to that how good he is at getting vengeance.

And then there’s this:

When it comes to the private corporations in American politics known as the Republican National Committee (RNC) and the Democrat National Committee (DNC), there is a common misconception that the corporations represent the voters, they do not.

The RNC and DNC corporations represent their interests, which are not necessarily in alignment with the interests of the unpaid voluntary participants, the voters. As a consequence, when a lawyer is hired by the RNC they are not representing the candidate or voter, they are representing the interests of the corporation. A big difference.

There are two private corporations representing Republicans and Democrats; they are most commonly referred to as political parties. There is no basis for the existence of private political parties in the United States constitution. Both parties’ function from a position as private interests outside the framework of government.

What we commonly refer to as ‘politicians’ are selected representatives to the government from each of the corporations. What we commonly refer to as ‘primary elections’ are suggestions to each of the corporations from citizens expressing their preference for the representative. The corporation can individually choose to accept or decline the suggestion from the voters, and the only thing that binds the corporation to follow the suggestion are the corporate rules.

The corporation of the RNC and DNC exist to serve their own interests.

This facet to U.S. politics is rarely discussed because the corporations and the people who run them do not want this process emphasized.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Information

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

https://twitter.com/RepChipRoy/statu...73949757489153
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    And then there’s this:
    What makes you think the RNC wanted Trump?? They didn't even elect Harmeet Dillon...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

What makes you think the RNC wanted Trump?? They didn't even elect Harmeet Dillon...
    The MSM advertised the living $#@! out of him 24/7. We've told you that and told you that and told you that. When the Sunday morning blather shows had other candidates on, they asked them about Trump! All of them!

How many times do we have to answer the question? We've answered it so often we can even tell you how you respond, because we have working memories: He was too famous to ignore (which still doesn't explain why every other candidate had to answer questions about him, but okay...)

The MSM advertised the living $#@! out of him 24/7. We've told you that and told you that and told you that. When the Sunday morning blather shows had other candidates on, they asked them about Trump! All of them!

How many times do we have to answer the question? We've answered it so often we can even tell you how you respond, because we have working memories: He was too famous to ignore (which still doesn't explain why every other candidate had to answer questions about him, but okay...)
    Well, hold on. I was mostly not paying attention in 2016 but I clearly remember that everyone was saying that Trump would obviously lose to Hillary. It wasn't even a contest. Standard R-D political strategy is to lure the other side to nominate one of their "crazy true-believers" so they can scare away the moderates and throw the election to the other side. All the Democrats were in agreement: we want to run against Trump because he will lose bad.

Is there some 4D-chess scenario in which this was all pre-calculated and they were looking in a crystal ball all the way down to 2023 and calculating that they wanted Trump to get the Presidency, then lose it (for some reason)?? I mean, anything is possible in Clown World but I doubt it. There are more plausible explanations and, in my view, even Q is a more plausible explanation than this.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Posting for reference. Not sure if there's anything good in here (and not going to invest 6 hours to find out). Nothing-burger?

Did CPUd want Trump elected? Did they want us to vote for him?

They were making multiple threads a day on Trump.

Well, hold on. I was mostly not paying attention in 2016 but I clearly remember that everyone was saying that Trump would obviously lose to Hillary. It wasn't even a contest.
    So? Election fraud wasn't invented in 2020, was it?

If not (hint: It wasn't), then either they didn't care whether Clinton or Trump won (or didn't care enough to guard against the possibility their polls were wrong), or they threw it for Trump regardless of what they told us was going to happen.

Why? Can't say. Wasn't in the smoke-filled room. But if election fraud was invented before 2016, then...

Did CPUd want Trump elected? Did they want us to vote for him?

They were making multiple threads a day on Trump.
    Well if that "bad publicity" really was bad publicity, nobody could prove it by you.

So? Election fraud wasn't invented in 2020, was it?

If not (hint: It wasn't), then either they didn't care whether Clinton or Trump won (or didn't care enough to guard against the possibility their polls were wrong), or they threw it for Trump regardless of what they told us was going to happen.

Why? Can't say. Wasn't in the smoke-filled room. But if election fraud was invented before 2016, then...
    Yep, and that accurately described my own view up until about the end of 2019 right before COVID hit. By that time, I was starting to seriously question the "Swamp Calculus". Something is not working correctly. The equations are not crunching the right answers. One explanation which makes an awful lot of sense is "She was never supposed to lose", meaning, the Swamp sincerely threw the election to Hillary but then, for some reason unknown to them, it went to Trump instead, election-fraud be damned. This would explain an awful lot of the aberrant behavior among well-known Swamp characters since 2017-ish. What happens when you are in the most powerful group of people in the world ... second-place is so far behind you can't even see it in your rear-view mirror ... and then your system of power silently and mysteriously fails without explanation?

Is that what actually happened? Can't say, because I also was not in the smoke-filled back room. Nevertheless, it is one possibility and, in Clown World, it easily makes more sense than most of the other Kafka-esque narratives being served up to us on a daily basis. Is it proved? No, but I continue to keep watch...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-21-2023 at 09:48 PM.

Yep, and that accurately described my own view up until about the end of 2019...
    Which makes me wonder why you say it makes my theory no good, but never mind. I'm afraid to ask.

Yes, they keep persecuting him. Seems to serve him well. That's when his poll numbers are best. DeSantis had almost caught up to him before they indicted him.

Meanwhile...

Last edited by acptulsa; 06-21-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Which makes me wonder why you say it makes my theory no good, but never mind. I'm afraid to ask.
    Well you're using standard Swamp Calculus -- Trump won in 2016, therefore, no matter how it "appears", that is because he was co-opted from the beginning and "they" threw the election to him. But this doesn't match up to reality broadly. Forget Trump himself, look at all their power-grab antics and how spectacularly they keep failing and even back-firing. COVID was the Big One... that was supposed to be the big takeover. It fizzled. You could say it's some kind 5-dimensional Swamp in-fighting but I don't think so. I think that the Swamp is much less competent than we give them credit for and, since 2017, I question whether they actually have any control at all. Perhaps the Swamp just wants us to believe they control everything so we won't try to change things. As long as we don't change anything, they get to keep the status quo.

Meanwhile...

I wish I could 100% back Trump but, for these and other reasons, I can't. I remain watchful and hopeful. I hope that Q-theory is correct (about the Swamp) and I hope that the signs that the Swamp has been blind-sided by something bigger than them are correct. I think 2024 will be quite revealing on both of these questions...

Forget Trump himself, look at all their power-grab antics and how spectacularly they keep failing and even back-firing.
    How could I possibly have missed it? Between the constant coverage, and the giddy joy of Republicans every time they make Trump look like he has that Reagan Teflon®, it has been hard to ignore. Republicans seem to particularly enjoy living vicariously through him, because they get busted more all the time in this creeping tyranny, and they don't get off.

Like I told dannno, it's always good for his poll numbers against DeSantis and whoever.

How could I possibly have missed it? Between the constant coverage, and the giddy joy of Republicans every time they make Trump look like he has that Reagan Teflon®, it has been hard to ignore. Republicans seem to particularly enjoy living vicariously through him, because they get busted more all the time in this creeping tyranny, and they don't get off.

Like I told dannno, it's always good for his poll numbers against DeSantis and whoever.
    OK, but you keep going back to the Swamp Calculus. What I am suggesting is a much more extreme possibility. Perhaps you're not ready to seriously entertain that possibility, yet, but that's what I'm suggesting: they're not in control anymore, at all, and they've known that since at least 2017. By "they", I mean the whole Swamp, both D-Swamp and R-Swamp, even the people whose names we've never heard who used to be "the string-pullers". The hypothesis that they simply don't have their hands on the levers of power anymore is becoming more and more believable with every passing news-cycle, and the alternative hypotheses less and less believable.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, but you keep going back to the Swamp Calculus. What I am suggesting is a much more extreme possibility. Perhaps you're not ready to seriously entertain that possibility, yet, but that's what I'm suggesting: they're not in control anymore, at all, and they've known that since at least 2017. By "they", I mean the whole Swamp, both D-Swamp and R-Swamp, even the people whose names we've never heard who used to be "the string-pullers". The hypothesis that they simply don't have their hands on the levers of power anymore is becoming more and more believable with every passing news-cycle, and the alternative hypotheses less and less believable.
    Okay...

And yet the media is still propaganda, Hunter still gets off even on gun charges, they can still find six billion between the Pentagon's couch cushions, Bohbert still can't get her articles of impeachment through, the money printers are still making us poor, the government is still peddling a deadly mRNA gene therapy...

No, the news cycles passing by me show me signs they're preparing to swing that pendulum back just a bit. Which I'm sure they feel they can afford, given the gains they've made during the 21st century. But it seems to me the devil still seems to have a lever or two to play with.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-21-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Okay...

And yet the media is still propaganda, Hunter still gets off even on gun charges, they can still find six billion between the Pentagon's couch cushions, Bohbert still can't get her articles of impeachment through, the money printers are still making us poor, the government is still peddling a deadly mRNA gene therapy...
    The difference in our outlook is that I could not possibly be less interested in what they're "getting away with" because, well, they're not. They certainly think they are, and it definitely feels like they are. In point of fact, they are not. Every single penny will be accounted for. Judgment Day is coming, for real.

No, the news cycles passing by me show me signs they're preparing to swing that pendulum back just a bit. Which I'm sure they feel they can afford, given the gains they've made during the 21st century. But it seems to me the devil still seems to have a lever or two to play with.
    Perhaps. In every good action movie, there comes a point where the hero has to decide whether to "make the leap" or not. Tackle the villain. Stab the dragon. Catch the falling damsel. And so on. At some point, we're going to have to decide whether the dragon has lost enough blood to risk a leap for an attack on the jugular. Is there real risk? Always. But at some point, we'll have delayed as long as it can be reasonably delayed and we're just going to have to risk losing everything to attempt that fatal blow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast