Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: RFK Jr.'s 2024 POTUS campaign

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    "Market mechanisms" like Carbon Taxes?

LOL

He's going to use the same "logic" to use "market mechanisms" to destroy every liberty in the BoR and beyond.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some people around here would support Lenin to stop Trump.
    And they would use Marx's claim that Communism supposedly culminates in the elimination of the state to do it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Wow.
    And how many other people here voted third party, a write in for Ron Paul, or didn't vote?

You guys have no decency anymore, all you care about is being nasty and promoting the narrative to help the establishment stop Trump.
    Trump has so much in common with the establishment, he is the establishment. Backing Speaker Johnson is proof of that

And they would use Marx's claim that Communism supposedly culminates in the elimination of the state to do it.
    The man is also falling apart mentally and physically, he'll be Brandon 2.0.
    What color is the sky in your made up world?
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-09-2024 at 12:00 AM.
    I am the current Champion of "The Dallas Cowboys will win the NFC, Pick'em Contest" and you are not

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Trump has so much in common with the establishment, he is the establishment. Backing Speaker Johnson is proof of that
    Nonsense, he just doesn't want to give the RINOs an excuse to resign and openly hand over the House to the Demoncrats so they can go pedal to the metal on their agenda and have Congress declare him ineligible for "insurrection".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nonsense, he just doesn't want to give the RINOs an excuse to resign and openly hand over the House to the Demoncrats so they can go pedal to the metal on their agenda and have Congress declare him ineligible for "insurrection".
    Your understanding of politics is astute. You should enter into the ring and save this great nation!

Strange way to define sellout. That you think the repubs would vote for a dem to be speaker is laughable
    I am the current Champion of "The Dallas Cowboys will win the NFC, Pick'em Contest" and you are not

Wow.
    And how many other people here voted third party, a write in for Ron Paul, or didn't vote?

You guys have no decency anymore, all you care about is being nasty and promoting the narrative to help the establishment stop Trump.
    Lots. Why does that imply you might have been one of us?

What do you mean "other"? You spend eight years on here sneering with contempt at anyone who "throws their vote away" by abandoning the beloved GOP and voting for someone like the "losertarians", and now you want to act like you voted for Jo Jorgensen?

Given your attitude toward women, I couldn't see you trusting Jo Jorgensen to bring ribs to the pot luck. Get real.

Some people around here are too stupid to realize that Lenin and Stalin were on the same team, and that's how Russia went to hell in a bucket.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-09-2024 at 04:57 AM.

Do you think maybe he was being a bit facetious and overstated how long they were locked up for? Maybe pointing out how insignificant crimes are punished but no punishment for something that is far worse?
    And yes ignore that because it's nothing more than deflection.
    The problem is your replacement of RFK's active voice, "*I* was a district attorney and *were were putting away*..." with a passive voice that removes him from it, "insignificant crimes are punished."

He didn't just say insignificant crimes were being punished, but that he himself was an active party pursuing those unjust punishments.

The fact that he wants to punish the speech of people who promote views of global warming that he disagrees with, and considers this somehow far worse than actual theft of any amount, supports viewing him as a sociopath.

He needs to be questioned further about that. If he wants to try to walk it back or explain it away, let him try. He should also be pointedly asked if he has done anything to try to right his wrongs against these people he helped punish too harshly for insignificant crimes, and if not, why not.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-09-2024 at 06:30 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    The fact that he wants to punish the speech of people who promote views of global warming that he disagrees with, and considers this somehow far worse than actual theft of any amount, supports viewing him as a sociopath.
    He was talking about the Koch Brothers, and was complaining about much more than talk. Don't be fooled by these propagandists' habit of snipping that completely out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He was talking about the Koch Brothers, and was complaining about much more than talk. Don't be fooled by these propagandists' habit of snipping that completely out of context.
    As oligarchs go, we have far bigger problems than the Koch brothers.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As oligarchs go, we have far bigger problems than the Koch brothers.
    It's an old clip. Most of what you're seeing these days are.

You know, he does have a record. Mostly of doing what the EPA is supposed to, but doesn't, by suing industrial polluters on behalf of their downstream victims. You know. The libertarian solution to the problem.

@Swordsmyth, when WAS/IS/WILL BE a good time for Trump to stand on principles and fight back?

- Trump: "But if we show DISUNITY, which will be portrayed as CHAOS, it will negatively affect everything! Mike Johnson is a good man who is trying very hard."

- Donald Trump Donated to Kamala Harris' Campaign Not Once, But Twice - https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...en-2020-8?op=1

- Donald Trump gave at least $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation while his daughter Ivanka Trump donated between $5,001 and $10,000, the Hill reported. Trump also donated to Hillary Clinton’s New York Senate campaign - http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/abc-news-...IlJIQrKuGvt.99

- Trump has given $541,650 to federal Democratic candidates and fundraising committees going back to 1990, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. He's handed out money to Democratic statewide candidates as well. In 2009, for instance, Trump cut a $25,000 check to former Democratic National Committee chairman Terry McAuliffe for his unsuccessful 2009 Virginia gubernatorial bid. But as Republicans and Tea Party activists nationwide were working to take back the House and Senate in 2010, Trump was also handing out checks to top Democratic incumbents: $4,800 to Reid, $2,000 to Florida Sen. Bill Nelson and more than $8,000 total to New York's two senators, Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Over the last two decades, Trump gave money to a number of high-profile Democrats and liberal icons, including Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Tom Daschle and Joe Biden. The biggest recipient of Trump's largesse? The scandal-plagued Rangel, who has taken $24,750 from Trump since the 1990 election cycle. - https://dailycaller.com/2015/06/03/d...losi-in-power/

- Not to mention every bill that Trump signed which was responsible for $8 TRILLION in one single term.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's an old clip. Most of what you're seeing these days are.

You know, he does have a record. Mostly of doing what the EPA is supposed to, but doesn't, by suing industrial polluters on behalf of their downstream victims. You know. The libertarian solution to the problem.

+ REP

duplicate
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-09-2024 at 07:28 AM.

The problem is your replacement of RFK's active voice, "*I* was a district attorney and *were were putting away*..." with a passive voice that removes him from it, "insignificant crimes are punished."

He didn't just say insignificant crimes were being punished, but that he himself was an active party pursuing those unjust punishments.
    Assistant DA and we were, not I was

lol That's not a fact. Nothing to do with the speech and everything to do with the actual pollution. That has already been established. Not even a good effort on your part.

He needs to be questioned further about that. If he wants to try to walk it back or explain it away, let him try. He should also be pointedly asked if he has done anything to try to right his wrongs against these people he helped punish too harshly for insignificant crimes, and if not, why not.
    Show proof he punished them. Don't make anything up when you do.
    btw the ones who were punished had warrants where they committed other crimes. Like I said RFK Jr exaggerated to make a point

Assistant DA and we were, not I was
    "We" includes "I."

Show proof he punished them. Don't make anything up when you do.
    He admitted it.

If he wants to take it back, fine. But he ought to be pressed on the issue.
    Ron Paul

I think RFK Jr. was on the right side of the New York City watershed issue.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I think RFK Jr. was on the right side of the New York City watershed issue.

I listened to the entire presentation and I agree.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/s...51269541986662
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/s...51269541986662

I agree with his position. Tax payer money, fed or state, should not be involved. If a person wishes an abortion, which is dreadfully wrong, let it be out of their own pocket, not mine, or your tax dollars from another state.

It seems every single issue one can think of becomes politicized, and as most should know by now, one cannot legislate morality.

Not a good look.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. appears to surprise his running mate with his position on abortion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...on/ar-BB1m6snn
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Not a good look.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. appears to surprise his running mate with his position on abortion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...on/ar-BB1m6snn

Shanahan simply doesn't understand. See Post #650 for how I took RFK's statement.

“My understanding with Bobby’s position is that, you know, every abortion is a tragedy, is a loss of life," Shanahan said. "My understanding is that he absolutely believes in limits on abortion, and we’ve talked about this. I do not think, I don’t know where that came from."

^^Probably just a brain worm

J/k... I don't want to make fun of the guy for that. His comeback on the debates on X about having 5 brainworms and still beating Biden and Trump was pretty fire to be honest. I really like him on a lot of issues, but he is making Trump look to be a Predictable Patty in comparison with some of his views coming out.. If it were Romney vs. Biden, RFK would be a no brainer. I just don't see what the benefits of RFK are over Trump. Even on Covid and vaccines, that's a pretty minor difference. Trump was for 2 weeks of lockdowns, and those were just guidelines to the states... the governors are the ones who mandated it, took it to the extreme while Trump was trying to get everything opened back up, and Trump was very much opposed to forcing people to get vaccinated.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-09-2024 at 03:14 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

^^Probably just a brain worm

J/k... I don't want to make fun of the guy for that. His comeback on the debates on X about having 5 brainworms and still beating Biden and Trump was pretty fire to be honest. I really like him on a lot of issues, but he is making Trump look to be a Predictable Patty in comparison with some of his views coming out.. If it were Romney vs. Biden, RFK would be a no brainer. I just don't see what the benefits of RFK are over Trump. Even on Covid and vaccines, that's a pretty minor difference. Trump was for 2 weeks of lockdowns, and those were just guidelines to the states... the governors are the ones who mandated it, took it to the extreme while Trump was trying to get everything opened back up, and Trump was very much opposed to forcing people to get vaccinated.

Still Trump-Humping, eh?

Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

- Bill Gates Led Effort To Get $3.36 Billion Into The Coronavirus Deal
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...132249063.html

- Operation Warp Speed (OWS) is a Public–Private partnership, initiated by Donald Trump to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. On March 27 nearly $10 Billion for Operation Warp Speed through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

Moncef Slaoui was interviewed and named in May 2020 by the Trump Administration as Operation Warp Speed chief adviser. Slaoui, Moderna Board Member, was formerly Chairman of Global Research and Development and Chairman of Global Vaccines at GlaxoSmithKline. The project has military officers involved in management of the key focus areas of development, manufacturing, and distribution. Slaoui was formerly partnered with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Awarded Moderna $1 Billion and $1.6 Billion to Novavax. BARDA participates in the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

"We did the right thing" by closing down the country:

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I agree with his position. Tax payer money, fed or state, should not be involved. If a person wishes an abortion, which is dreadfully wrong, let it be out of their own pocket, not mine, or your tax dollars from another state.

It seems every single issue one can think of becomes politicized, and as most should know by now, one cannot legislate morality.
    Sorry but FULL TERM is about the baby's rights at that stage. This is getting ridiculous. Months ago, he was for a 3-month ban and states determining on their own. Now, he's for a woman's total right to choose. He's losing potential voters today. You can bank on that.

Sorry but FULL TERM is about the baby's rights at that stage. This is getting ridiculous. Months ago, he was for a 3-month ban and states determining on their own. Now, he's for a woman's total right to choose. He's losing potential voters today. You can bank on that.
    The point of conception is about the baby's right at that stage. Without fed or state money to pay for it, how many could actually walk into an office to have the procedure done, and how many doctors [even those willing to commit murder and against their oath] would be willing to do it for free?

I don't know if he is losing voters over that or not, I am not interested in tracking that kind of stuff. But knowing how RFK feels about abortion at any stage, I know that he would never condone an actual abortion at FULL TERM let alone half term. He is absolutely correct in getting it completely out of government, fed and state.

However you or others wish to read into it, over-analyze it, or look for excuses otherwise, always Follow the Money. Problem solved.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still Trump-Humping, eh?

Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

- Bill Gates Led Effort To Get $3.36 Billion Into The Coronavirus Deal
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coron...132249063.html

- Operation Warp Speed (OWS) is a Public–Private partnership, initiated by Donald Trump to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. On March 27 nearly $10 Billion for Operation Warp Speed through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

Moncef Slaoui was interviewed and named in May 2020 by the Trump Administration as Operation Warp Speed chief adviser. Slaoui, Moderna Board Member, was formerly Chairman of Global Research and Development and Chairman of Global Vaccines at GlaxoSmithKline. The project has military officers involved in management of the key focus areas of development, manufacturing, and distribution. Slaoui was formerly partnered with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Awarded Moderna $1 Billion and $1.6 Billion to Novavax. BARDA participates in the Department of Defense (DoD) and the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

"We did the right thing" by closing down the country:

We've sent, what nearly $200 billion to Ukraine? You're complaining about $3.6 billion spent on our country during a pandemic that the media clearly over-inflated, for the sole purpose of getting rid of Trump, in his attempt to create a cure.

I don't agree with it, but if the people voted they would have voted overwhelmingly to spend the money to create a cure, and Trump needed to get re-elected. Had he succeeded, which he did succeed if you remove the cheating, it would have been fully worth having him in office compared to Biden. Look at where we are at now.

And again with the lockdown... Do I agree with it? No.. But again, it was just a guideline... and two weeks of lockdowns was not the most unreasonable position to have, until we figured out what was going on. It was the YEARS of lockdowns, school closures, mandates and bull$#@! by governors that was the problem. By the end of the two weeks, Trump was already promoting cheap and inexpensive cures to Covid, which the media twisted and told everybody he was promoting dangerous drugs. Within a month or two, Trump was already yelling at governors and telling them to open back up their businesses and open the schools.

I'm not defending everything he did, just that it isn't that egregious or unreasonable compared to what actually happened, and you are blowing it completely out of proportion... and you are using this as a single issue to promote a candidate who is way out of line with our views on 80% of the rest of the topics, from abortion to economics and energy.

We've sent, what nearly $200 billion to Ukraine? You're complaining about $3.6 billion spent on our country during a pandemic that the media clearly over-inflated, for the sole purpose of getting rid of Trump, in his attempt to create a cure.

I don't agree with it, but if the people voted they would have voted overwhelmingly to spend the money to create a cure, and Trump needed to get re-elected. Had he succeeded, which he did succeed if you remove the cheating, it would have been fully worth having him in office compared to Biden. Look at where we are at now.

And again with the lockdown... Do I agree with it? No.. But again, it was just a guideline... and two weeks of lockdowns was not the most unreasonable position to have, until we figured out what was going on. It was the YEARS of lockdowns, school closures, mandates and bull$#@! by governors that was the problem. By the end of the two weeks, Trump was already promoting cheap and inexpensive cures to Covid, which the media twisted and told everybody he was promoting dangerous drugs. Within a month or two, Trump was already yelling at governors and telling them to open back up their businesses and open the schools.

I'm not defending everything he did, just that it isn't that egregious or unreasonable compared to what actually happened, and you are blowing it completely out of proportion... and you are using this as a single issue to promote a candidate who is way out of line with our views on 80% of the rest of the topics, from abortion to economics and energy.

Single issue? You haven't been keeping up.

Donald Trump On The Record - you should read it.

Single issue? You haven't been keeping up.

Donald Trump On The Record - you should read it.
    Covid seems to be the only issue you have with RFK > Trump... and we don't even know how RFK would handle a pandemic. I would bet he would be pressured into doing as much or more than Trump in the heat of the media blaming him for every single death that occurred.. that's what they did to Trump.

Covid seems to be the only issue you have with RFK > Trump... and we don't even know how RFK would handle a pandemic. I would bet he would be pressured into doing as much or more than Trump in the heat of the media blaming him for every single death that occurred.. that's what they did to Trump.

Whatever floats your boat @dannno . As I eluded in another thread: some people would actually commit suicide rather than to stay home and not vote for somebody to rule over them. You just happen to be one of them

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast