Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Manifesto Out] TN - 4 dead at mass shooting at Nashville Christian school.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, the first time I watched the video I thought that rifle was not an AR-15, more like a 9mm carbine. Didn't pay much attention though.
    The mag width was a dead giveaway.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, by all means release that info...of course, now it's too late anyway, "authority" has had the chance to modify or edit as they see fit so there is no way to fully trust it now.
    If the mother or another next of kin had access to it would it be illegal for them to release it?

These are getting scrubbed furiously from the interlinks.

Saved and cached from the memory hole:

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    If the mother or another next of kin had access to it would it be illegal for them to release it?
    @jmdrake is the legal beagle in this thread, maybe he can answer that definitively.

My first response would be a "maybe".

Granted that's a clown world response...in normal times I would say yes, no problem.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It wasn't drugs.

He was pushed into his act by bigoted, transphobic Christians and their hate.
    Let's take a bet:

How fast will the Marxist media change the reference to "him" when this information is verified?

I wager 4000 Quatloos on 2.7 nanoseconds.
    Yeah, I know it's in poor forum taste to award myself a "Nailed It" award...but...

Katie Hobbs’s Press Secretary Resigns After Tweet About Pointing Guns at ‘Transphobes’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-transphobes/

https://twitter.com/dennis_welch/sta...12260784553985

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

I like Tucker more than dislike him these days. It's just the mannerisms. I used to like Rachel Madcow until she stabbed Rand in the back. And when Tucker does that Madcow laugh I get flashbacks.
    Now I can't unsee it. The laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Yeah, I know it's in poor forum taste to award myself a "Nailed It" award...but...
    Just make believe I awarded it to you.

I mean, if they can pretend to be the opposite sex, we can pretend a little too.

Tim Burchett Spoke The Truth About School Shootings

https://highlyrespected.substack.com...he-truth-about

We aren’t gonna fix the insane asylum that is modern America

By Scott Greer - 29 march 2023

The mainstream media is apoplectic after a Tennessee congressman spoke an uncomfortable truth. Following the horrific Covenant School shooting, reporters hounded Republicans to get them to support gun control. Tennessee Rep. Tim Burchett gave them the answer they definitely didn’t want.

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...12268927418368

“It’s a horrible, horrible situation,” Burchett told inquiring reporters. “And we’re not gonna fix it. Criminals are gonna be criminals. My daddy fought in the Second World War, fought in the Pacific, fought the Japanese, and he told me… ‘Buddy, if somebody wants to take you out and doesn’t mind losing their life, there’s not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it.’”

He shot down reporters’ demands that Congress do something about guns. “I don’t see any real role that we could do other than mess things up, honestly… I don’t think you’re going to stop the gun violence. I think you got to change people’s hearts.”

When pressed on what he would do to protect his daughter in school, he says he homeschools her.

Burchett delivered one of the most honest statements from a politician in memory. Mass shootings usually bring out the worst comments from our leaders. Democrats rush to exploit the situation to push for gun control, no matter the details. The latest shooting was no exception . Republicans are put on the defensive. Liberals are ready to mock their statements about “thoughts and prayers” for the victims. Republicans sometimes suggest far-fetched ideas to get reporters off their backs. Most of these ideas are not good, such as arming teachers or turning schools into literal prisons.

Burchett dispensed with the bull$#@! and delivered the straight truth. He understands America is filled with deranged people who want to kill and there’s little to stop them. Access to guns does not inspire people to murder. The congressman knows banning AR-15s or giving AR-15s to teachers won’t stop it. It’s something embedded within the core of modern America. Our country is an open-air insane asylum and we can only mitigate the risks.

There are ideas that could probably work in a more sane society. A lot of right-wingers want to bring back insane asylums. This would be a good idea, if we could trust the people in charge of institutionalization. There’s little chance they would put away many of these mass shooters or other broken people. It’s more likely they would put away those who misgender than any trans person. It’s easy to imagine this would be a tool used against dissidents.

This is not to say it’s a terrible idea. I’m just skeptical it would have the effect we want in contemporary America. Its infeasibility reaffirms our current status as an insane asylum. Our leaders are just as crazy as the lunatics who should be locked up.

Burchett was wrong about one thing. We can reduce gun violence through law and order policies, but that’s not a popular idea with the “do something” crowd. Locking up criminals keeps the public safe. However, we are led by maniacs, and criminals roam free. These policies are pushed by the very same people outraged over Burchett’s honesty. It’s just another feature of insane asylum America.

Blaming guns for the Covenant School shooting overlooks the obvious feature of insane asylum America involved in this tragedy. Audrey Hale was a female-to-male transgender. This has created an awkward situation for the media. Trans folks are currently awarded immense status in the oppression hierarchy. They’re noble individuals who can do no wrong. Anything they might do wrong is due to transphobia. The bizarre coverage of the shooting illustrates this. Major outlets such as USA Today have worried about misgendering the shooter. Other outlets have tried to confirm the gender identity of the biological woman. Many reporters have tried to blame the shooting on Tennessee’s recent laws banning gender indoctrination and trans surgery for kids. Some reports blamed the shooter’s conservative family for not accepting her gender identity. The media fretted about the release of the shooter’s manifesto and how it might harm the LGBT community. And, of course, there are articles on how the real victims of the shooting may be trans people in the Volunteer State.

Anyone on Twitter, or really the internet in general, knows trans accounts fedpoast more than any other. You will see direct threats all the time. Trans accounts feel free to discuss doing terrorism and gruesomely murdering their enemies. Studies show transgender youth are at the highest risk of violent radicalization on the internet. There’s even a “Trans Day of Vengeance” planned for this weekend. Considering the amount of hysteria over phantom right-wing violence, it’s a little curious no one asks domestic trans extremism. But it’s not that surprising. Left-wing violence is tolerated and sometimes even encouraged. On the day of the shooting, the press secretary for Arizona governor tweeted out a gif about using guns against transphobes. Trans violence is a-ok to them.

It shouldn’t be a surprise America has so many mass shootings when you look at social trends. Atomization is a fact of life, with millions of people living their lives isolated from others. People get crazy ideas into their head from the internet. We suffer from an epidemic of mental illness and drug abuse. There’s a lot of messed up people in this country, and they have no institutions, social pressures, or friends to convince them to not do something horrible.

Liberals want us to believe that ensuring these people won’t have AR-15s will magically convince them to be well-adjusted people. If they didn’t have “assault rifles,” they would find another way to do harm. The gun didn’t possess Audrey Hale to kill. Her own deranged thoughts did so.

There is no concrete solution to this problem. Anything our lawmakers would propose would likely restrict our rights or make things worse. The solution lies in changing American life to be less like that of an insane asylum. There’s not a policy program for that. Like Rep. Burchett said, it’s about changing hearts–and that’s going to take a long time to do.

The Tennessee congressman deserves praise for his honest and accurate statement. It’s rare for a politician to say the truth the public doesn’t want to hear. Burchett provides an example for other Republicans to follow. Congress can’t be expected to solve atomization and the mental health crisis. A gun ban won’t fix it–only a social revival will.

Katie Hobbs’s Press Secretary Resigns After Tweet About Pointing Guns at ‘Transphobes’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-transphobes/

https://twitter.com/dennis_welch/sta...12260784553985

Well...I guess that's worth something.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

wake me up when they are asked why the perp has different sneakers going in and being dead, the arm moving when dead, and the cops yelling at another person to get away from the gun when she's on the floor dead. everything else is just being a tool.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Tim Burchett Spoke The Truth About School Shootings

https://highlyrespected.substack.com...he-truth-about

We aren’t gonna fix the insane asylum that is modern America

By Scott Greer - 29 march 2023

The mainstream media is apoplectic after a Tennessee congressman spoke an uncomfortable truth. Following the horrific Covenant School shooting, reporters hounded Republicans to get them to support gun control. Tennessee Rep. Tim Burchett gave them the answer they definitely didn’t want.

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status...12268927418368

“It’s a horrible, horrible situation,” Burchett told inquiring reporters. “And we’re not gonna fix it. Criminals are gonna be criminals. My daddy fought in the Second World War, fought in the Pacific, fought the Japanese, and he told me… ‘Buddy, if somebody wants to take you out and doesn’t mind losing their life, there’s not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it.’”

He shot down reporters’ demands that Congress do something about guns. “I don’t see any real role that we could do other than mess things up, honestly… I don’t think you’re going to stop the gun violence. I think you got to change people’s hearts.”

When pressed on what he would do to protect his daughter in school, he says he homeschools her.

Burchett delivered one of the most honest statements from a politician in memory. Mass shootings usually bring out the worst comments from our leaders. Democrats rush to exploit the situation to push for gun control, no matter the details. The latest shooting was no exception . Republicans are put on the defensive. Liberals are ready to mock their statements about “thoughts and prayers” for the victims. Republicans sometimes suggest far-fetched ideas to get reporters off their backs. Most of these ideas are not good, such as arming teachers or turning schools into literal prisons.

Burchett dispensed with the bull$#@! and delivered the straight truth. He understands America is filled with deranged people who want to kill and there’s little to stop them. Access to guns does not inspire people to murder. The congressman knows banning AR-15s or giving AR-15s to teachers won’t stop it. It’s something embedded within the core of modern America. Our country is an open-air insane asylum and we can only mitigate the risks.

There are ideas that could probably work in a more sane society. A lot of right-wingers want to bring back insane asylums. This would be a good idea, if we could trust the people in charge of institutionalization. There’s little chance they would put away many of these mass shooters or other broken people. It’s more likely they would put away those who misgender than any trans person. It’s easy to imagine this would be a tool used against dissidents.

This is not to say it’s a terrible idea. I’m just skeptical it would have the effect we want in contemporary America. Its infeasibility reaffirms our current status as an insane asylum. Our leaders are just as crazy as the lunatics who should be locked up.

Burchett was wrong about one thing. We can reduce gun violence through law and order policies, but that’s not a popular idea with the “do something” crowd. Locking up criminals keeps the public safe. However, we are led by maniacs, and criminals roam free. These policies are pushed by the very same people outraged over Burchett’s honesty. It’s just another feature of insane asylum America.

Blaming guns for the Covenant School shooting overlooks the obvious feature of insane asylum America involved in this tragedy. Audrey Hale was a female-to-male transgender. This has created an awkward situation for the media. Trans folks are currently awarded immense status in the oppression hierarchy. They’re noble individuals who can do no wrong. Anything they might do wrong is due to transphobia. The bizarre coverage of the shooting illustrates this. Major outlets such as USA Today have worried about misgendering the shooter. Other outlets have tried to confirm the gender identity of the biological woman. Many reporters have tried to blame the shooting on Tennessee’s recent laws banning gender indoctrination and trans surgery for kids. Some reports blamed the shooter’s conservative family for not accepting her gender identity. The media fretted about the release of the shooter’s manifesto and how it might harm the LGBT community. And, of course, there are articles on how the real victims of the shooting may be trans people in the Volunteer State.

Anyone on Twitter, or really the internet in general, knows trans accounts fedpoast more than any other. You will see direct threats all the time. Trans accounts feel free to discuss doing terrorism and gruesomely murdering their enemies. Studies show transgender youth are at the highest risk of violent radicalization on the internet. There’s even a “Trans Day of Vengeance” planned for this weekend. Considering the amount of hysteria over phantom right-wing violence, it’s a little curious no one asks domestic trans extremism. But it’s not that surprising. Left-wing violence is tolerated and sometimes even encouraged. On the day of the shooting, the press secretary for Arizona governor tweeted out a gif about using guns against transphobes. Trans violence is a-ok to them.

It shouldn’t be a surprise America has so many mass shootings when you look at social trends. Atomization is a fact of life, with millions of people living their lives isolated from others. People get crazy ideas into their head from the internet. We suffer from an epidemic of mental illness and drug abuse. There’s a lot of messed up people in this country, and they have no institutions, social pressures, or friends to convince them to not do something horrible.

Liberals want us to believe that ensuring these people won’t have AR-15s will magically convince them to be well-adjusted people. If they didn’t have “assault rifles,” they would find another way to do harm. The gun didn’t possess Audrey Hale to kill. Her own deranged thoughts did so.

There is no concrete solution to this problem. Anything our lawmakers would propose would likely restrict our rights or make things worse. The solution lies in changing American life to be less like that of an insane asylum. There’s not a policy program for that. Like Rep. Burchett said, it’s about changing hearts–and that’s going to take a long time to do.

The Tennessee congressman deserves praise for his honest and accurate statement. It’s rare for a politician to say the truth the public doesn’t want to hear. Burchett provides an example for other Republicans to follow. Congress can’t be expected to solve atomization and the mental health crisis. A gun ban won’t fix it–only a social revival will.
    I disagree with the part I put in bold. Teachers don't have to have AR-15s but a Glock would be nice. In close quarters a rifle isn't THAT much of an advantage. The hero that took out an AR-15 wielding want to be mass shooter in Indiana some months ago used a handgun at 40 yards. And he had better aim that a lot of LEOs. Also a simple upgrade, bullet proof glass windows and doors, would have made a HUGE difference in the Nashville shooting.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I disagree with the part I put in bold. Teachers don't have to have AR-15s but a Glock would be nice. In close quarters a rifle isn't THAT much of an advantage. The hero that took out an AR-15 wielding want to be mass shooter in Indiana some months ago used a handgun at 40 yards. And he had better aim that a lot of LEOs. Also a simple upgrade, bullet proof glass windows and doors, would have made a HUGE difference in the Nashville shooting.
    With the quality of teacher I have seen of late, I would not want them to be armed. In my opinion most teachers are not of sound mind.

Very true.

It took cops 15 minutes to get on scene and into the building and neutralize the threat.

And you know me as well as anybody, I'm the last one to sing cop's praises, but they did, once there, "jump into the fire" with gusto and a heartening display of "toxic masculinity".

Point is, it still took a quarter of an hour to get there and get going.

If that school had been mobbed with kids, 15 minutes is enough time to kill many more than six.

An armed citizen/teacher, with just a modicum of training, a decent handgun and a cool head could have dropped that psycho broad in 15 seconds.

TN is a Constitutional Carry state, it's about as easy as can be for a good citizen to be armed.

I've lived here in the woods of NH for 25 years now, crime was never an issue I worried about, so I very rarely carried, unless going to a city or making a point by carrying open.

Since 2020 or so, as things have spiraled out of control...I do not leave the house without at least one sidearm, sometimes two and a powerful bear/OC spray, for something to use that's between a harsh word and bullet.

Why, might you ask?

Around Christmas of that year, I was in my daughter's truck in Concord at a shopping center, both of doing some Christmas shopping.

I decided to get out and switch sides to drive, as it had started to snow, and my daughter hates driving in the snow. While exiting the truck, I slipped on some ice and bumped the car next to me, which sounded like the door hitting his car.

Well, $#@!, the driver, a young, shaggy looking $#@! of about 30, come boiling out and un-$#@!ing-manufactured at the same time, because he though I given his car a good whack with the door.

It took all of my "Active Self Protection" lessons in de-fusing and de-escalation to talk him down.

But it drove home the point, that had that guy decided that it was his day to cross the line and had a weapon, I was ass out.

People are becoming more and more unhinged, so you never know.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-29-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Responded on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1641199527674740736
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Responded on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1641199527674740736
    In a longer format, I would add that logistically there is a world of difference between having to haul people off to Soviet Gulags (and house them there), vs. a low level apparatchik adding names as they please to a red flag list (what the Democrats want).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/EvanRiggss/statu...52323358048257

We believe our lying eyes...

We believe our lying eyes...

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/EvanRiggss/statu...52323358048257

The genocide talk is projection.

Accusing your opponent of doing exactly what you are doing, or planning to do.

We're the future targets of Marxist genocide, if these $#@!s ever consolidate absolute power, make no mistake, we'll be on a boxcar to a death camp or GULAG.

Right now there is only one thing preventing that, and that is the fact that the American people are armed to the teeth.

Granted, not one in 10,000 would ever rise up and use that weapon as intended, but our oppressors can't be sure of that.

That slight nagging doubt about that one percent chance, is the only thing holding them back.

TN is a Constitutional Carry state, it's about as easy as can be for a good citizen to be armed.
    Was there a recent law change?

I have a cousin in Tennessee and he had to go through a firearms course. Has been a few years since we had that discussion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Was there a recent law change?

I have a cousin in Tennessee and he had to go through a firearms course. Has been a few years since we had that discussion though.
    Yes. And Alabama recently became CC as well.

Tucker Carlson is hitting it out of the park in his opening tonight.

Yes, Marxists think they are god.

The State is the godhead in a Marxist society.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-29-2023 at 07:48 PM.

Yes. And Alabama recently became CC as well.
    Florida will be next.

NC had a chance but the dem gov vetoed the measure.

[...]

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    So what should be done if a person is suspected of being a threat is the person should be surveilled. Wire Tap warrants, surveillance old school kind of detective work not preemptive, stereotyping, gun grabbing, speech stifling, laws.
    I don't know. Some problems just don't have solutions.

Bad and/or broken people will do bad and/or broken things.

This is an existential fact of the human condition that those in the utopian "there oughtta be a law!" camp refuse to accept (or even acknowledge).

As the author of an article posted a few days ago by @Anti Federalist says:

Nothing I listed above is by itself bad. Gun rights, free speech, large country, vestiges of frontier individualism, access to pharmaceuticals, and a high bar for involuntary commitment. But mixed together, it’s a witches’ brew that can sometimes lead to bad things. People having guns who shouldn’t, a media that rewards bad actors with fame and makes legends of their exploits, a large gene pool that includes many duds, overmedicated loons, and undermedicated loons.

[...]

As long as we have free speech, gun rights, an aversion to involuntary institutionalization, and a society not yet as neutered as Canada and Europe, we’re gonna have mass shootings. And yes, there will be spikes both real (the March ’98 to May ’99 school shooting wave) and imagined (“Two in one day! It’s statistically impossible!”). As Steve Sailer recently pointed out on Twitter, in the ’60s and ’70s political assassinations seemed to be the new norm in America. Then the spike just tapered off. Sometimes the ebb comes as suddenly as the flow, and if you think you’re in the middle of a flow, it really is best to hold your damn fudge and retain perspective.

That doesn’t mean do nothing. There are all kinds of precautions that can be taken to reduce the carnage caused by mass shootings. But if you’re trying to find “the cause” or “the answer,” you’re wasting your time.

In fact, you might even be approaching the issue from the wrong perspective. You’re searching for the bad things about this country that create mass shooters. Perhaps instead you should be considering the possibility that mass shootings are actually by-products of the good things about the U.S.—gun rights, free speech, and a system that favors individual freedom over public safety when it comes to mental health.

You believe in utopia? Go be a communist. In the real world, no society is perfect and you have to accept the bad with the good. It’s like the song “Pennies From Heaven.” Rain is the price we pay to have flowers, so don’t start building an ark just because we got two cloudbursts in one day. Mass shootings are still rare, and violent crime in general is down across the board in the U.S.

Republicans sometimes suggest far-fetched ideas to get reporters off their backs. Most of these ideas are not good, such as arming teachers [...]
    There's nothing wrong with that idea.

[...] or turning schools into literal prisons.
    Oops! Too late!

Granting the idea that whack job is a flexible term, one can be a screaming, spittle flying rabid dog whack job or a mild mannered high functioning whack job: the point is that yes, all trans weirdoes are whack jobs, because their entire existence and premise is based on a dysfunctional and unreal basic premise.

An analogy would be, oh, say a society devoted to the concept of winged human powered flight, call them the "Icarusians".

And every weekend, all across the country, Icarusians would gather at high places and buildings and bridges, affix wings to themselves and jump off, in an attempt to fly.

We all know what the result would be: sudden death due to impact with terrain.

And we would rightly call every singe Icarusian a "whack job" for their failure to acknowledge objective reality and the physical laws of the universe that bind us at this time.
    [...] As the author of an article posted a few days ago by @Anti Federalist says: [...]
    From the same article - AF's "Icarusians"?:

What does a Japanese lesbian jumping into a volcano have to do with American mass shooters? I thought you’d never ask! Mount Mihara is an active volcano that sits on the island of Oshima, off the coast of Tokyo. For centuries, Mihara has been an exotic destination for suicidal Japs who believe that by jumping into the volcano their body will be vaporized by the intense heat, thus speeding the soul toward its heathen Nip afterlife. Mihara suicides have always been a thing, but an infrequent thing.

Then came February 11, 1933. Kiyoko Matsumoto, a 21-year-old student, had fallen in love with a female classmate. Seeing no future for her and her resbian rover, Matsumoto, after penning a heart-wrenching farewell note to her beloved, ended it all by diving into Mihara’s gaping mouth.

And a legend was born.

The story quickly became a media sensation, no surprise as it had all the right ingredients: forbidden love, schoolgirls, and a climax of Shakespearean proportions. Before you could say “banzai,” suicide by Mount Mihara became a major fad. And a profitable one. Ferry companies added ships to offer transports at all hours, allowing only for the purchase of round-trip tickets because, you know, plausible deniability (“Ohhh, we no encourage suicide! One-way tickee forbidden!”). Newsmen used the Mihara craze to sell papers, and inns opened up on the island offering passage to the volcano’s mouth via horse, donkey, and—I kid you not—Mongolian camel.

Within three years, well over 2,000 Japanese had taken the fatal plunge. Eventually the fad ended, especially as the incipient war provided far more exciting opportunities for the suicide-inclined.

The Mihara jumpers shared no common profile. Many were under 30, but some were older. And there was no unifying reason for the suicides. Depression, dishonor, redemption, nihilism…take your pick. The fact is, in a nation in which suicide is often seen as an honorable solution (as opposed to a shameful or sinful one), the Mihara spike was simply part of what it means to be Japanese. You can overthink it all you want, but in the end, it was just a negative by-product of an otherwise orderly society. And frankly, 2,000 suicides over three years isn’t an earthshaking death toll.

[...]

The title of this article is unnecessarily inflammatory. It implies that some kind of vague threat was made, but in the context in which the phrase "serious consequences" was used (by the leader of the Log Cabin Republicans, no less), it is clear that no threat of any kind (vague or otherwise) was actually made or intended.

Anyway, I agree completely with Gays Against Groomers - the "manifesto" ought to be released.

Vague premonitions about bad things that might happen are not an acceptable excuse for withholding such documents from the public, any more than they are for withholding gun rights from the public. IOW: Guns Words don't kill people, people kill people.

LGBTQ groups warn of 'serious consequences' if police release trans school shooter's manifesto
    https://humanevents.com/2023/03/29/l...ters-manifesto
    Libby Emmons (29 March 2023)

In the wake of a horrific school shooting carried out by a trans-identified 28-year-old biological female at the Nashville Christian Covenant School, police found a manifesto, left by the shooter, in her Honda Fit in the parking lot. LGBTQ groups don't want that manifesto released to the public.

Surveillance camera footage of the shooting has been released, as has body cam footage from police. Details have continued to emerge about the FBI searching the home of shooter Audrey Hale, coming out with masses of guns.

Still, the manifesto has not been released. Speculation abounds as to what that manifesto may contain, and it has sparked what Newsweek calls "major concerns" from LGBTQ groups, who don't want the shooter's words released at all.

After the shooting, Nashville Police Chief John Drake spoke to reporters, revealing the existence of the manifesto. Drake also revealed that there was a map detailing the specifics of the plan of attack.

Tucker Carlson has called for the release of the manifesto. And many want to see what motivation Hale had for taking the lives of three children and three adults, and knowing full well before embarking on this murder spree that she, too, would likely end up dead.

Many are curious to know what reason Hale could have had for shooting up the school she used to attend. Hale was an adult, only a few years from 30, when she took up a considerable amount of arms to attack her alma mater.

Why was this? Were her motives anti-Christian? Was she trying to make a point about recent legislation that has passed in Tennessee, as trans activists have declared, that prevents children from attending drag shows and prohibits the medical mutilation of minors in service to the lie that sex can be changed? Was she seeking vengeance against harm she may have experienced at the school?

As pundits and politicians jockey for position in an effort to determine which narrative world view the facts of this case uphold, there is no motivation yet realized. If Hale detailed her reasons, it serves to reason that the public deserves to know what caused this troubled girl, who stated that she used he/him pronouns and who was reportedly suffering from emotional issues, to pick up a gun, destroy 6 lives, and in turn destroy her own.

But activists and advocates for the trans community do not want Hale's words to see the light of day.

"It should not be published," Jordan Budd, the executive director of Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE), told Newsweek. "The focus should be on how this was able to happen in the first place. There should not be such easy access to deadly weaponry."

"Regardless of the shooter's intentions, the real issue here is the ease of access to deadly weapons in Tennessee and elsewhere," Budd said.

"All children, no matter who their parents are or how they identify, should feel safe and supported at school. That includes a world free from gun violence," he went on to say.

Charles Moran, the national president of Log Cabin Republicans, a gay conservative group, said that there would be "serious consequences" should the document be released. His concern is that Hale's motivations could be glorified.

"While it would certainly give insight into the motivations of this deeply troubled individual that could help shed light into root causes, we know from tragedies like this that additional glorification of the shooter could inspire others to take similar violent acts for attention," Moran said.

A spokesperson for PFLAG said "the contents don't change the outcome of the tragedy," though she admitted that it could provide an understanding of Hale's reasons for the massacre. They also used the tragedy to call attention to what they believe is a need for more gun control.

"The tragedy of gun violence is overwhelming, and it is the ready access to guns to inflict irrevocable pain that cannot be undone that is the problem," PFLAG said.

The Human Rights Campaign, which advocates for trans ideology, said "We still don't know all the facts about what happened in Nashville. We do know that every study available shows that transgender and non-binary people are much more likely to be the victims of violence, rather than the perpetrators of it."

In essence, HRC is referring to what is basically a myth about so-called trans genocide. There is not an epidemic of transphobic murders of trans people across the US. HRC advocated for gun control as part of their statement, saying "Regardless of the reason for this shooting, the use of violence is reprehensible and we renew our call for common-sense gun safety legislation."

Gays Against Groomers, however, has called for the manifesto to be released.
    James Lindsay said "That manifesto is damning and they know it."
    The police, however, have no plans to release those documents while the investigation is ongoing. "We will not be releasing the manifesto during an open investigation," a Nashville police spokesperson said.

Others were concerned that the documents' release could spark additional violence. It stands to reason that there is fear behind the inclination to deny the release of these documents. There could be concern among activist groups that what Hale has to say is so diffuclut to swallow that it could hurt their cause.

Perhaps these groups that do not want to see Hale's words in the public eye are concerned that their inflammatory, hyperbolic, incendiary rhetoric will be revealed to have played a role in Hale's warped view of the world and her place in it.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-29-2023 at 07:43 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast