Thread: South Padre Island

South Padre Island

Went on vacation a couple of weeks ago to South Padre Island. It was a really fun time. I was down there before the college spring breakers so it was pretty chill.

I don't drink or party it was just a cool vibe. I enjoyed looking at the local flora and fauna. I went to the South Padre Island Birding and Nature Center and saw some alligators. Also drove north of town until the road stops and of course enjoyed the beach.

It would have been even more fun if I had my Honda Grom with me. South Padre Island is the perfect place for a Honda Grom.

I should have explored the Brownsville area more, but maybe next time.
    Speaking of next time. Is there anything that tops South Padre Island? I've heard good this about Port Aransas. I've also always been interested in Key West.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good to know you had a wonderful time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

As far as US beaches go probably none better tha Mississippi
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    As far as US beaches go probably none better tha Mississippi
    The only thing that is off putting about Mississippi is the fact there is a large military presence in that area. At Keesler AFB a lot of people go to tech school there. This alone has to drop the chill and relax factor significantly.
    Last edited by mtr1979; 03-27-2023 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Typo

I went to South Padre on spring break in 1985.

We stopped in to see some friends who rented a luxury suite in the, then, Bahia Mar towers.

It was quite a nice place but things got way out of hand. Later that night, hundreds of drunken people started throwing tv sets out of the rooms and down into the swimming pool and tearing the place apart. All kinds of drugs and debauchery.

If it wasn't for all the white youuts, it could have easily be mistaken for liberation day in Rhodesia.

It was despicable behavior and made me despise the modern spring breakers ever since.