Thread: Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home

Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home

Rap artist Afroman sued by officers who raided his home
    https://news.yahoo.com/rap-artist-af...204926774.html
    Associated Press (23 March 2023)

WINCHESTER, Ohio (AP) — Seven law enforcement officers have sued rap artist Afroman, accusing him of improperly using footage from a police raid on his Ohio home last year in his music videos.

Four deputies, two sergeants and a detective with the Adams County Sheriff’s Office brought the suit earlier this month, claiming invasion of privacy. Other law enforcement officers who were involved in the raid are not named as plaintiffs.

The plaintiffs say the rapper, whose real name is Joseph Foreman, took footage of their faces obtained during the August 2022 raid and used it in music videos and social media posts without their consent. They say that has caused them “emotional distress, embarrassment, ridicule, loss of reputation and humiliation."

The plaintiffs are seeking all of Foreman’s profits from his use of their personas. That includes proceeds from the songs, music videos and live event tickets, as well as the promotion of Foreman’s Afroman brand, under which he sells beer, marijuana, T-shirts and other merchandise. They also seek a court injunction to take down all videos and posts containing their personas.

The suit names Foreman, his recording firm and a Texas-based media distribution company as defendants. In an Instagram post made Wednesday, Foreman vowed to countersue “for the undeniable damage this had on my clients, family, career and property.”

Law enforcement officers were acting on a warrant that stated probable cause existed that drugs and drug paraphernalia would be found on Foreman’s property and that trafficking and kidnapping had taken place there, authorities have said. Those suspicions turned out to be unfounded, though, and the raid failed to turn up probative criminal evidence. No charges were ever filed.

When cash seized during the raid was returned to Foreman, it appeared that hundreds of dollars were missing. A subsequent review by the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation determined that deputies had miscounted the amount seized during the raid itself.

Foreman is best known for his songs “Because I Got High” and “Crazy Rap,” which were both featured on his album “The Good Times." He is also known for his political activism and announced last December that he plans to run for president.

SEE ALSO:

Afroman vows to continue public ridicule of officers who raided his home
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ff-raid-songs/
    [archive link: https://archive.is/ZlrMd#selection-227.0-227.72]

Afroman - Will You Help Me Repair My Door (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oponIfu5L3Y

Afroman - Lemon Pound Cake (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xxK5yyecRo

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When cash seized during the raid was returned to Foreman, it appeared that hundreds of dollars were missing. A subsequent review by the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation determined that deputies had miscounted the amount seized during the raid itself.
    Ya sure ok
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Cops can record you and at their will release to media. I would think there is no expectation of privacy when performing duties of law enforcement.

They are in his house . He can do what he likes . Cops should be fired for filing suit . stealing from him and the judge should be dismissed for signing a kidnap warrant with no evidence. What kind of clown town are tey running there ?
    Do something Danke

They are in his house . He can do what he likes . Cops should be fired for filing suit . stealing from him and the judge should be dismissed for signing a kidnap warrant with no evidence. What kind of clown town are they running there ?
    Do something Danke

Lightbulb

A lawyer's take on this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcST-jdl7U
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hopefully Afroman wins damages for malicious prosecution (you can do that for civil cases as well as criminal) and for this being a S.L.A.P.P. suit.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Hopefully Afroman wins damages for malicious prosecution (you can do that for civil cases as well as criminal) and for this being a S.L.A.P.P. suit.
    It would be a sad state of affairs if he lost and had to appeal. That would justify the ideology that the justice system is FUBAR.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It would be a sad state of affairs if he lost and had to appeal. That would justify the ideology that the justice system is FUBAR.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged again.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Hilariously I'm sure he has profited from this already by getting a career resurgence. But regardless, yeah, the cops need to pay!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hilariously I'm sure he has profited from this already by getting a career resurgence. But regardless, yeah, the cops need to pay!
    Oh absolutely on both counts! The problem now isn't Afroman. It's the next person the cops want to sue because a video got put up on social media that makes them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Does it really need any justification at this point?
    "The Patriarch"

The cops should be made to pay him back the amount they originally claimed to have seized. Maybe they would be more careful counting the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The cops should be made to pay him back the amount they originally claimed to have seized. Maybe they would be more careful counting the next time.
    The funny thing is defendants don't get to make mistakes. They are liars.