Thread: Fauci: We ‘Need’ to Do Things ‘That Make a Pathogen More Transmissible or More Pathogenic,’

Fauci: We ‘Need’ to Do Things ‘That Make a Pathogen More Transmissible or More Pathogenic,’

Mankind's epitaph..."some people did some things"

Fauci: We ‘Need’ to Do Things ‘That Make a Pathogen More Transmissible or More Pathogenic,’ and ‘Some’ Call that Gain of Function

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...n-of-function/

IAN HANCHETT 21 Mar 2023

During a portion of an interview aired on Tuesday’s edition of PBS’ “American Masters,” former NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci argued that there are “a number of experiments that need to be done on viruses” that would require “doing something under certain circumstances that make a pathogen more transmissible or more pathogenic, which some people refer to as gain of function.”

Fauci stated, [relevant remarks begin around 1:12:35] “There [are] a number of experiments that need to be done on viruses. How are you going to know whether or not they’re capable of infecting humans unless you examine them? Which means doing something under certain circumstances that make a pathogen more transmissible or more pathogenic, which some people refer to as gain of function.”

He also stated, “Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was insidiously throwing into his little questions that the work that was done in the Wuhan lab, funded by a small grant from NIH — a strong implication that that created a virus that made COVID. I have 10,000 grants throughout the world. What they’ve done is…they’ve looked at various grants and they make something of it that it isn’t. The microbe they were working on, not only was not SARS-CoV-2, it would be molecularly impossible for them to turn it into SARS-CoV-2.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need to make viruses more deadly, so we know whether or not viruses can become more deadly

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Mankind's epitaph..."some people did some things"
    Of all the ways for human kind to go extinct,

getting killed by that annoying little $#@! Fauci is probably the lamest.

I'll take a Giant Meteor any day over that stupid $#@!ing $#@!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Bigger crisis more $$$$ his agency got.

Not hard to see where this greedy little bastard conniving angle came from

It makes one wonder about those certain biolabs in Europe...

Essentially what Fauci is saying here is that he wants to create deadlier viruses so they can be unleashed on humanity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

He also stated, “Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was insidiously throwing into his little questions that the work that was done in the Wuhan lab, funded by a small grant from NIH — a strong implication that that created a virus that made COVID. I have 10,000 grants throughout the world. What they’ve done is…they’ve looked at various grants and they make something of it that it isn’t. The microbe they were working on, not only was not SARS-CoV-2, it would be molecularly impossible for them to turn it into SARS-CoV-2.”
    Given Fauci's mealy-mouthed waffling on what "gain of function" is, it's difficult not to suspect he's trying to play a rhetorical shell game here, too.

IOW: Given "SARS-CoV X", solve for "X".

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...86683056529408
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·