Thread: White Fragility Author DiAngelo Says ‘People of Color Need to Get Away from White People'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

White Fragility Author DiAngelo Says ‘People of Color Need to Get Away from White People'

White Fragility Author Robin DiAngelo Says ‘People of Color Need to Get Away from White People’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-white-people/

JOSHUA KLEIN 21 Mar 2023

People of color “need to get away from white people and have some community with each other,” according to White Fragility author Robin DiAngelo, who lauded racially segregated “spaces” during a discussion about promoting “racial justice.”

In a live event earlier this month featuring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) consultants Mareisha N. Reese and Mary-Frances Winters, DiAngelo called the ability to “engage” in such conversations with “some nuance and some skill” a “basic qualification” for businesses in this day and age.

“If you can’t do that, you’re just simply not qualified in today’s workplace, no matter what school you went to and how acclaimed you are,” she said at the “Racial Justice: The Next Frontier” webinar hosted by Berrett-Koehler Publishers, an independent publisher that markets DEI literature to businesses.

The White Fragility author also expressed her desire to “create a culture that actually spits out those who are resistant, as opposed to what it does now, which is spit out those who want to break with white solidarity.”

She then pushed for racial segregation, also known as “affinity,” claiming to be a “big believer in affinity space and affinity work.”

“And I think people of color need to get away from white people and have some community with each other,” she said.

The comments drew attention online, with some contrasting the reception of her comments with that of Dilbert comic strip creator Scott Adams.

After citing a Rasmussen Reports survey detailing how many black respondents disagreed with the statement “It’s OK to be white,” Adams 339 a wave of backlash and cancellations last month over remarks describing black people as members of “a hate group” from which white people should “get away.”

“When Robin DiAngelo says it, it’s inspirational and she gets paid $20k. When Scott Adams says it, it’s racist and he loses his job,” wrote conservative commentator Allie Beth Stuckey.

“‘White Fragility’ author Robin DiAngelo, sounding a lot like Scott Adams,” wrote political theorist Steve McGuire

“Will they pull ‘White Fragility’ off the shelves like they did to Dilbert?” asked one Twitter user.

“The White Fragility author tells people of color to stay away from white people,” wrote another user. “Will she be canceled like Scott Adams, who said the same thing but in the inverse? Of course not.”

“How is this different than what Scott Adams said? Will Robin be canceled by her publisher?” asked another.

“’White fragility’ author makes a career of doing what gets satirists like Scott Adams cancelled.,” another user noted.

DiAngelo, a far-left academic who coined the racist concept “white fragility,” often attacks white people as “fragile” for their response to “racial stress.”

In 2021, DiAngelo was reported to have told Coca-Cola employees to try and “be less white.”

Previously, DiAngelo told students at Boston University that it is “dangerous” for white people to say they see people as individuals.

She also helped kick off the “White Racial Literacy Project” aimed at making white students aware that they have racist thoughts and unknowingly commit racist acts.

The matter comes as anti-white sentiment continues to be pushed by the “woke” left and mainstream media.

A report from last month detailed how the University of Cambridge initially blocked working-class white students from a post-graduate program designed for students from underrepresented groups, leading to accusations of anti-white racism.

Meanwhile, Tesla CEO Elon Musk accused the U.S. media of being “racist against whites & Asians.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I concur.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

“When Robin DiAngelo says it, it’s inspirational and she gets paid $20k. When Scott Adams says it, it’s racist and he loses his job,” wrote conservative commentator Allie Beth Stuckey.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "It's racist when you say it, comrade - but it's 'antiracist' when we say it."
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Watch this author not attempt to be cancelled over saying this while Scott Adams was.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Be my guest, I'll even help if I can.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

But I watch all the PBS shows on historical segregation and they say segregation was wrong. I be so confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638198287080787969

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Gotta hand it to him, though - at least he paid for his stuff at Target.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How quickly people forget that this was the general behavioral timbre that got Bernie Goetz on page one.

This was the reason I escaped NYC. I was carrying illegally daily, was 100% in control of myself, meaning I would have simply ignored that loudmouth, but would not have hesitated for a second to send that boy to potter's field, had he violated my space. And the older I get, the less tolerant of this sort of thing I have become.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Social distancing and masks might help but will do nothing to cure the underlying behavior problem.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Scott Adams has to be like:

If this were a South Park skit, it'd be hilarious... but it's real life, and it's $#@!ed up.

White Fragility Author DiAngelo Says ‘People of Color Need to Get Away from White People'
    Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/...85073133248514

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Holy crap... where to begin.

White Fragility Author Robin DiAngelo Says ‘People of Color Need to Get Away from White People’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-white-people/

JOSHUA KLEIN 21 Mar 2023

People of color “need to get away from white people and have some community with each other,” according to White Fragility author Robin DiAngelo, who lauded racially segregated “spaces” during a discussion about promoting “racial justice.”
    "People of color" is one of the most irritatingly stupid, and blatantly race-biased terms the left has ever vomited forth onto the world of men, thereby befouling it.

It is nauseatingly amusing to note the fecklessly ham-fistedness of not only the appellation, but of the ways in which it tends to be used by Regressives, who are so intellectually and morally stunted, they are unable/unwilling to see it. On the one hand, such people tend to go on about how they "trust the science", as if they would recognize science as it drove the freight train running them over, while in the same breath they refer to "people of color", the implication being that "white" people are colorless, when in point of fact and in accord with hard scientifically established fact, the white are the most colorful of all people. I find such wildly ignorant and willful moral deficiency intolerable. Let us return as a society to shunning and shaming... not that the decayed Regressives would have the least sense to be ashamed of themselves for any reason, save that they would return to reason and moral soundness.

In a better world, such people would be few and far between.

Note the danger shot here:

In a live event earlier this month featuring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) consultants Mareisha N. Reese and Mary-Frances Winters, DiAngelo called the ability to “engage” in such conversations with “some nuance and some skill” a “basic qualification” for businesses in this day and age.

“If you can’t [DIE [sic]]t, you’re just simply not qualified in today’s workplace, no matter what school you went to and how acclaimed you are,” she said at the “Racial Justice: The Next Frontier” webinar hosted by Berrett-Koehler Publishers, an independent publisher that markets DEI literature to businesses.
    This has the ironic stink of the biblical "mark of the beast" all over it, as does this:

The White Fragility author also expressed her desire to “create a culture that actually spits out those who are resistant, as opposed to what it does now, which is spit out those who want to break with white solidarity.”
    Compound lie. Nobody is spitting out those who want to break with fictional "white solidarity". There is no white solidarity, which is a major part of America's problem. They have been shamed into autoimmune dysfunction. And "white fragility"? My observations strongly affirm that the "people of color" tend to be fragile to the point of being sissies. The fragile whites are all lefties, so who cares about them? 1/2

She then pushed for racial segregation, also known as “affinity,” claiming to be a “big believer in affinity space and affinity work.”

“And I think people of color need to get away from white people and have some community with each other,” she said.

The comments drew attention online, with some contrasting the reception of her comments with that of Dilbert comic strip creator Scott Adams.
    I actually agree with this. The inter-racial baggage in America is so severe, once again thanks to the muck-raking left, there is currently no hope for harmony there, thank you Barry Soetoro, the most damage-raking presidential mouthpiece in our history.

When I worked at Telcordia I had a colleague, Zonda, a nice black girl from the south. We talked about this very thing one day and she was candid, telling me that black people in the south were nothing like those up in NJ, where they are like stray dogs at the farmer's back door, scratching at it to be let in. She was unequivocal about the fact that black people in the south wanted nothing to do with white people, socially speaking. They were happy to do business, work together, go to schools, etc., but at the end of the day, whites and blacks went home to their respective homes, thankyouverymuch. This was 1993. She expressed herself with a clear absence of any rancor. She and I, in fact, often went out together for lunch, just the two of us, or with other colleagues. There were zero problems. Of course, today she would be called a house nn ii gg gg ee rr by "her own", who of course are in fact not her own in any way imaginable.

DiAngelo, a far-left academic who coined the racist concept “white fragility,” often attacks white people as “fragile” for their response to “racial stress.”
    Does this even really qualify as a "concept" in the sense used here? I say no.

In 2021, DiAngelo was reported to have told Coca-Cola employees to try and “be less white.”
    ...said the white woman. Oy.

She also helped kick off the “White Racial Literacy Project” aimed at making white students aware that they have racist thoughts and unknowingly commit racist acts.
    The irony drips.

Anyone with an IQ and a shred of self respect says, "so what?". The "racism" boogieman, i have noted, is very long in the tooth. It's lost its traction, and yet in the true spirit of Bernays, the lefties just keep hammering away in the spirit of fomenting ever tighter tensions, presumably and apparently pursuant to the goal of a race war.
    It sure as the devil has no connection with intentions of racial harmony. The left is basically demanding the unconditional surrender by whites to them in everything.

Meanwhile, Tesla CEO Elon Musk accused the U.S. media of being “racist against whites & Asians.”
    White Americans must be destroyed as such. This is a paramount objective of Theire's. White Americans are the only substantial remaining population on the planet equipped and inclined toward everything from which Theye are intent on steering humanity. Eastern Europe should perhaps be included in that, and we're seeing how the EU reviles them, if in somewhat veiled fashion. Theye are now openly and so very blatantly carrying forth on a structured campaign to cinch that noose. The seemingly tiny minority of those "of color" who have twigged to the same truths, are openly labeled as house negroes, and so on, in the clumsily obvious effort to shame them into silence. Further infuriating Themme, or so it seems to me, is the fact that when such people come to the light, the white folks of similar mind come rushing forth to welcome them into the fold, further rendering naked the lies and bull$#@! hurled at them by Theire agents in media, political office, etc. It is wonderful to behold, but I fear it may be too little, too late.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This is hilarious. The Stupid is strong and very entertaining here... watching an embarrassingly stupid black woman attempt to goad white people by calling them "fragile". Funnier still is that she probably believes her own bull$#@!. Funniest of all, other open their wallets and buy this crap.

But OK, I say we let them have their wish. We buy one-way tickets to Africa for all who wish to go, replete with $1000 in cash to get them settled in whatever third-world black $#@!-hole they choose. But they travel on a special passport good only for 24 hours and with which they cannot reenter America. Their citizenship is revoked the moment they accept the deal, no backing out for any reason, and even a plane returns immediately due to emergency, they are right away regarded as illegal aliens.

Let them go. Let them have their paradise of color. Anyone that $#@!ing stupid deserves the vast miseries in store for them. My only regret would be the absence of videos where I could sate my need for comic relief, watching those bone-headed nitwits killed and oh so ironically, yet ever so deservedly, sold into slavery, to be held by the very black masters they thought were their brethren. You can't make up stupid like this. It's pure gold.

I guess as I get older my sense of schadenfreude appreciation comes into its own as my inclination to say "$#@! all stoopid people" blossoms.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    This is hilarious. The Stupid is strong and very entertaining here... watching an embarrassingly stupid black woman attempt to goad white people by calling them "fragile". Funnier still is that she probably believes her own bull$#@!. Funniest of all, other open their wallets and buy this crap.

But OK, I say we let them have their wish. We buy one-way tickets to Africa for all who wish to go, replete with $1000 in cash to get them settled in whatever third-world black $#@!-hole they choose. But they travel on a special passport good only for 24 hours and with which they cannot reenter America. Their citizenship is revoked the moment they accept the deal, no backing out for any reason, and even a plane returns immediately due to emergency, they are right away regarded as illegal aliens.

Let them go. Let them have their paradise of color. Anyone that $#@!ing stupid deserves the vast miseries in store for them. My only regret would be the absence of videos where I could sate my need for comic relief, watching those bone-headed nitwits killed and oh so ironically, yet ever so deservedly, sold into slavery, to be held by the very black masters they thought were their brethren. You can't make up stupid like this. It's pure gold.

I guess as I get older my sense of schadenfreude appreciation comes into its own as my inclination to say "$#@! all stoopid people" blossoms.
    //

I'm all for it.

In fact, I'm willing to take on enough debt to grant $500,000 to each black of slave descent.

As long as repatriation is part of the bargain.

Time to end the black diaspora, Africans were brought here against their will and it is far past time to go home.

This would solve a number of issues including the "wealth gap" and the fact that many black leaders and spokesmen, by their own words, cannot live with whites in this country, as the nation and it's founding people and all its institutions are steeped in white supremacy that cannot be helped or "cured" or changed, short of burning everything down and starting differently from a Marxist/Globalist position.

$500,000 to be paid at any international point of entry/departure, in US FRNs, gold, foreign currency or crypto, upon surrender of all US documents and proof of departure.

This would not be mandatory, any slave descendant is willing to stay, without reparations, but it (the reparations program) would be time limited to say, one year.

Duke University professor says US needs to enact $14 TRILLION reparations program which would hand $350,000 to every black American descendant of slaves

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-program.html

By SOPHIE MANN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 16:20 EDT, 19 April 2023 | UPDATED: 16:43 EDT, 19 April 2023

An economics professor at Duke University has called for the United States to issue reparations to every black American descendant of slaves at a cost of $14 trillion.

William Darity, who co-authored the book 'From Here to Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the Twenty-First Century,' shared his plan on Tuesday's episode of Dr. Phil.

Darity suggested the US government issue the funds in much the same way it sent out checks to millions of Americans during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.

'It would be paid by the federal government in the same way in which the federal government has met the expenses that were paid out for the purposes of trying to deal with the great recession and also, most recently, with the economic downturn associated with the great pandemic,' he said.

Darity said if the $14 trillion was distributed evenly across 40 million people whose ancestors were in the chattel slavery system it would equal about $350K per person.

He said the amount 'should be dictated by the disparity in wealth between Black and White Americans, which at the current moment amounts to in excess of $840,000 per household.'

Darity said the 'objective' of the program would be to 'eliminate the racial wealth gap in the United states.'

The U.S. government is currently more than $31 trillion in debt.

Political writer Joshua Ferguson, who was also featured on Tuesday's panel with Dr. Phil, said the country could not afford the massive reparation bill.

'First of all, the US government doesn't have money. All of their money comes from taxes. To say you're not going to take it from people today, you're right. You're going to take it from future generations,' he said.

Renowned author and civil rights activist Bob Woodson also lambasted Darity's lofty plan, saying: 'I cannot think of any group of people who have been made wealthy by just transferring money to them.'

There are just over 40million black Americans in the US, so Darity's figure assumes each of them is a descendant of American slavery.

However, according to a Pew Research Center study from April 2022, just 57 percent of black Americans believe they are descendants of American slavery.

Dr. Phil challenged Darity's plan on psychological grounds saying: 'I can tell you from a psychological perspective that if you take $350,000 or $840,000, and you write a check to any group of people - black, white, poor, homeless, whatever - you give any group of people that much money and say, ''there you go, best of luck,'' you come back in six months, they're going to be broke.'

'Whatever reparations are done, that would be an absolute disaster, as opposed to guidance and help in creating generational wealth, as opposed to income.'

Isn't the author of White Fragility Jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    Isn't the author of White Fragility Jewish?
    What are you insinuating? That Jews would want to split apart Blacks and Whites for their own purposes?
    That's an antisemitic canard.

and it's true.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch