Thread: NJ Voter Registration...NEED HELP!!!!

NJ Voter Registration...NEED HELP!!!!

URGENT, New Jersey voter registration deadline is the 17th. I have a few new Paulites that want to register for the primary. QUESTION... if they get their change of party affiliation in the mail tommorow and it is date stamped by the post office on the 17th will they have their registration changed for the primary???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump...I have 3 new primary voters here...HELP!!!!!

Monday the 17th is the deadline. Don't wait to see if it comes in the mail, print it out, fill it out and bring it to the county registrar or a county board of elections office they will date stamp it. If they need to register(and declare party affiliation at the same time) or do an address change: http://www.nj.gov/lps/elections/form...b)10.18.07.pdf
    If they just need to change party affiliation: http://www.nj.gov/oag/elections/form...rm-11.1.07.pdf
    Last edited by vinwal; 12-16-2007 at 12:35 PM.
    Proud member of the $2300 club.

Quote Originally Posted by vinwal View Post
    Because the 15th was on a Saturday, Monday the 17th is the deadline. Don't wait to see if it comes in the mail, print it out, fill it out and bring it to the county registrar or a county board of elections office they will date stamp it. If they need to register(and declare party affiliation at the same time) or do an address change: http://www.nj.gov/lps/elections/form...b)10.18.07.pdf
    If they just need to change party affiliation: http://www.nj.gov/oag/elections/form...rm-11.1.07.pdf
    Awsome, Thank You!!!!

I switched to Republican last week. Do I have to do anything else to register for the primary? Will they send me a sample ballot like a generla elecyion?

I have a similar question:

I am registered as a Republican, but a lot of my friends (potential Paul-ites, they just don't know it yet) are not affiliated with any party. My coworker said that in NJ you can vote at a primary if you are unaffiliated as long as you switch to the Republican party right there on the spot.

Is this true?

If so, what is the point of the deadline for switching parties?

You can also send it by fax to one of these offices (as I did):

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/elections...cials_doe.html

can anyone help me out with my previous question? it would be much appreciated.
    we think we've come so far
    on all our lies we depend
    facing our consequence
    this is the beginning of the end

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is from the NJ League of Women Voters website. I dont have time to look much more today.
    http://www.lwvnj.org/guide/faq.shtml#1

---------------------------------------------
    Do I go to the polls on Primary Day?

If you are enrolled in a political party, you may vote in that party's Primary Election. A "political party" as defined by state law is a party that polled for members of the General Assembly at least 10% of the total vote cast in the state in the last year in which members of the General Assembly were elected. At present, only the Republican and Democratic parties qualify. Independent party candidates are not on a primary ballot. A 3/21/00 Superior Court decision ruled the current practice permitting registration as Democrat, Republican, or Independent as too restrictive. New rules will be forthcoming, but did NOT affect 2000 elections.

If you are not affiliated with either party, you may go to the polls and enroll in either one before voting in the primary.

You do NOT need to vote a straight party ticket.

How do I join a political party?

You can join a political party by voting in a Primary Election or by obtaining and completing a Party Affiliation card from the Commissioner of Registration.

How do I change my party affiliation?

You can change your party affiliation by obtaining a Party Affiliation card from the Commissioner of Registration and filing it, indicating your new choice, with him/her at least 50 days before the Primary Election.

What if my registration is missing from the ledger at my polling place?

The board member at the polling place will telephone the Commissioner of Registration. If you are registered, an emergency voting order is issued. If there are other problems, you may go to Superior Court, where a judge is sitting (presiding) each election day. If it is warranted, the judge can grant a court order permitting you to vote.

-------------------------------------------------
    Here's a legit state.nj site
    And from (LOTS OF GOOD FACTS HERE, PEOPLE!) (CHECK THIS OUT FOR GOOD INFO!)
    http://www.state.nj.us/oag/elections...er_doe.html#a1

<b>Can I declare my party affiliation at the polls?</b>

You can declare your party affiliation at the polls when you go to vote in your first Primary Election. After that, you may change your party affiliation 50 days before a primary election.

Hope this helps!
    " I mean, I'm sittin here on the bench. I'm sittin here on the Group W bench, cuz you wanna know if I'm moral enough to join the Army - burn women, kids, houses and villages - after being a litterbug? " Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant

To answer your question,

If you are unaffiliated, you can declare party status right there on the spot as you sign in. Then vote in that party's respective primary. I've done it twice in NJ every time I moved from one county to another..

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    You can also send it by fax to one of these offices (as I did):

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/elections...cials_doe.html
    I thought I read on the Dept. of Elections website that they don't accept faxed voter registration forms.
    "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. "

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. "

Thomas Jefferson

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBookbag View Post
    I have a similar question:

I am registered as a Republican, but a lot of my friends (potential Paul-ites, they just don't know it yet) are not affiliated with any party. My coworker said that in NJ you can vote at a primary if you are unaffiliated as long as you switch to the Republican party right there on the spot.

Is this true?

If so, what is the point of the deadline for switching parties?
    Yes that is true.. im from NJ and I am unaffiliated.. and Ive personally spoken with the people at the NJ board of elections.. she even sounded partial to RP.. She told me if there was any problem at the poll to call her and they would speak to the poll people to make sure i could vote.

Party change info

I hate to be the one to inform you, but December 17, 2007 was the deadline for affiliation changes in New Jersey. If you didn't change then, you will only be able to vote under your previous affiliation in primaries. a person who wishes to vote and that has never done so before, must have to the board of elections by the 17th of January in order to vote in primaries.

What about if I voted a long time ago but got de-registered. Do I stil have until the 17th?
    "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. "

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. "

Thomas Jefferson

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by LastoftheMohicans View Post
    What about if I voted a long time ago but got de-registered. Do I stil have until the 17th?
    yoll probably be okay as long as youre republican or unaffiliiatefd