Thread: Grocery stores now using biometric cameras to catch thieves

Thumbs down Grocery stores now using biometric cameras to catch thieves

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reminds me of the old adage "sprinting to stand still". Hmm, I wonder what they did in the age before "FaCiAl ReCoGnItiOnNnN"? Must have been impossible to run a grocery store without AI technology because there was literally no way to stop thieves. Right?

So much of modern technology is just doing what we were already able to do before, but with lots of extra-steps, and not as good.

I can already see the MGTOW bros lined up outside the Tesla corner repair shop, waiting to get their Musk-designed, robotic Stepford Wife repaired. All of this effort, for what? Is it really easier than just learning how to interact with another human being in your house??
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Reminds me of the old adage "sprinting to stand still". Hmm, I wonder what they did in the age before "FaCiAl ReCoGnItiOnNnN"? Must have been impossible to run a grocery store without AI technology because there was literally no way to stop thieves. Right?

So much of modern technology is just doing what we were already able to do before, but with lots of extra-steps, and not as good.

I can already see the MGTOW bros lined up outside the Tesla corner repair shop, waiting to get their Musk-designed, robotic Stepford Wife repaired. All of this effort, for what? Is it really easier than just learning how to interact with another human being in your house??
    Apparently you do not interact much with the average social media consuming modern woman of today's America. I'm not much of a MGTOW type and I generally appeal to the opposite sex but I can definitely see why MGTOW is taking off and why a Tesla Robo-Wife would be successful....

On topic: Crime is the cover story for facial recognition. Marketing to and tracking of the "products" (meaning customers not stuff on the shelf) is the real reason.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-19-2023 at 10:50 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Whether its from the TSA or in public, you can look it up and see who is against these and has bills to stop it.

It's the true left and the true right alone. The uniparty of mainstream Dem and Rep are all for surveillance.

The true left is trying to stop it because it's "racist" ... the true right is trying to stop it because it's "anti-freedom",
    there are times when the far left and far right align... and for another example, anti-war.

But, the uniparty and so-called "moderates" always seem to crowd the middle and get the most egregious Deep State programs implemented.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil.../s2052/text/is
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-19-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

What's the point if you're not going to prosecute anyway?

Just more data for the mainframes.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I won't be participating.

”if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to hide” lol, where have I heard that before.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What's the point if you're not going to prosecute anyway?

Just more data for the mainframes.
    That is my thought exactly. They'll never make an arrests.

I've worked retail in the past the amount of shoplifting is absolutely insane.

I'll be label an authoritarian for this, but I would like to see theifs actually punished. I won't go as far as Sharia Law and cutting off of hands, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone's hands being smashed with a hammer publicly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    That is my thought exactly. They'll never make an arrests.

I've worked retail in the past the amount of shoplifting is absolutely insane.

I'll be label an authoritarian for this, but I would like to see theifs actually punished. I won't go as far as Sharia Law and cutting off of hands, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone's hands being smashed with a hammer publicly.
    Petty thieves. I'd much rather see the hands of the bankers and politicians smashed. Their thievery is on a whole different scale!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

This sounds like a way to get people to wear masks again so the cameras won't be able to identify them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This sounds like a way to get people to wear masks again so the cameras won't be able to identify them.
    China does have already something like this already it seems much of West is slowly introducing this slowly.

China Is the World’s Biggest Face Recognition Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I saw an article a while back talking about how covid type masks don't stop biometric scanners. I've also seen where sunglasses are also ineffective.
    You pretty much have to have a complete face mask to stop the technology.

Something along these lines.
    https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/prevent-go...s-mask-1448254

https://www.businessinsider.nl/cloth...onal=true&r=US
    Last edited by mtr1979; 03-19-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    I saw an article a while back talking about how covid type masks don't stop biometric scanners. I've also seen where sunglasses are also ineffective.
    You pretty much have to have a complete face mask to stop the technology.

Something along these lines.
    https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/prevent-go...s-mask-1448254

https://www.businessinsider.nl/cloth...onal=true&r=US
    It depends on how advanced the system. Even a mask is not enough for the most sophisticated systems that have gait-recognition (they way you walk is more unique than you probably realize). That may not tell them your IRL identity, but it can greatly simplify the task of tracing your movements (which will probably lead to your IRL identity).

But a simple surgical mask is sufficient to defeat the vast majority of FR out there.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Fairway grocers in NYC now using facial recognition to profile customers

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-03-...customers.html

(Natural News) The Village Super Market of New York, also known as Fairway grocers, affixed a sign to the doorway of its business recently that notifies customers about a new facial recognition scheme being deployed at the entrance.

From now on, Fairway says it will be collecting, converting, storing, or sharing customers’ “biometric identifier information, which is information that can be used to identify or help identify you,” as a condition of shoppers being allowed inside to make purchases.

“Examples of biometric identifier information are eye scans and voiceprints,” the sign, which appeared at Broadway and West 74th, explains.

When pressed for comment about all this by Patch, Wakefern Food Corporation, the parent company of Fairway, did not respond. However, the company did send a statement about the technology to ILoveTheUpperWestSide, which was the first publication to report about it.

“This technology is helping our stores reduce retail crime, an industry-wide challenge that has increased dramatically over the last few years,” said Karen O’Shea, a spokeswoman for Wakefern. “Only trained asset protection associates use the system, which helps us focus attention on repeat shoplifters.”

(Related: Remember when retail monopoly Amazon launched a facial recognition database in 2019 forcing its marketplace sellers to submit video footage of themselves before engaging in commerce?)

Fairway customer says it was “worrying to learn about” the store’s facial recognition efforts

In order to legally use this kind of technology in a store, the owner must post this kind of signage at the entrance. Most customers are likely to overlook it, but all that matters is for it to be present and posted, much like a health rating or safety review certification would be.

Prior to this, a spokesperson from Wakefern confirmed to The New York Times that the Fairway grocery location in Chelsea at 766 Sixth Ave. is also using the same facial recognition technology to try to combat shrinkage.

One person who was shopping at the Upper West Side location when a representative from Patch was present expressed concern about the technology, which this person indicated was “worrying to learn about.”

The irony of this massive switch from mandatory masking to show us your face, or else cannot be overlooked. In a matter of three years, the Big Apple has come full circle from being a medically fascist hellhole to now wanting to see everyone’s faces clearly in the camera in an effort to deter shoplifting.

“Welcome to the CCP-style control state,” one commenter wrote about Fairway’s new facial recognition technology, referring to the Chinese Communist Party and the way things are done over in China.

“The knowledge of this is disturbing,” said someone else. “The fact that too many retail stores that we depend on are going out of business due to out-of-control thievery is much more disturbing.”

“If each affected store lives up to their promise of tight control of the identification process, I think I can live with it. But if they misuse it and falsely identify customers, they will deserve the backlash they will get.”

Another expressed concerns about how the biometric information collected at Fairway will be “shared,” seeing as how the company says it plans to share the data with someone.

“Another good reason to wear a mask when in stores,” said someone else, taking a support approach to masking as a way to preserve one’s anonymity.

“I will no longer be a customer of Fairway because of their use of this technology,” another person expressed, adding that it’s “too invasive” for her liking.

More related news about the tech takeover of the world can be found at CyberWar.news.
    Soon, these will be the ONLY places that you are ALLOWED to buy LEGAL food. Yes FOOD will be ILLEGAL if it is not POISONED. If you speak against it and try to buy from places like this, well thats when those still asleep will realize exactly what this FACIAL RECOGNITION is for. To DENY a person the ability to buy FOOD, and MURDER THEM BY STARVATION.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.