Thread: Threatened by crazy neighbor

Threatened by crazy neighbor

I moved into a house 3 years ago in a small town. There's a 9 foot fence separating my house from my neighbor so I almost never see him. I've talked to him a few times briefly, waved when I drive by and everything was always normal. So today I was riding my bike past his house and he was out worklng on his truck so I pulled up just to say hi. He asks me if I know what a partical beam destroyer is and I said yeah, from the movies. Then he points to a dead bush next to his house and some dead grass as if that was destroyed by this weapon. Then he starts looking at me and says I need to leave. At this point I'm totally freaked out and asking him what did I do? So he runs into his garage and comes out with a hammer and starts comming towards me saying he's going to kill me. As I was leaving I kept asking him what I did and he finally said I was from Louisville and spying on him.

So I called the cops and told them the story and they talked to him. They came back and said he was obviously mentally ill. They said he said I was trying to microwave his grandchildren. The freakiest part is that he fenced in the corner of his front yard a few days ago and he told the cops that was to prevent me from spying on him. Anyway the cops said I'll be fine and if he comes on my property, just call them. I said that doesn't really sound right but I said ok and they left. After thinking about it I called the cops back and asked if I could have him arrested. The fact that he's fixated on me in a violent way is disturbing. They said there's nothing they can charge him with because I was on his property. I said isn't that still assault? And they said no because he didn't do anything. So basically the cops don't know the difference between assault and battery. I asked if some trick or treaters came to my door and I pointed a gun at them, would that be legal? And they said yes.

So now I'm wondering what to do. I was thinking about moving before this anyway but with interest rates right now I'll get killed (pun intended). I'm hoping that if I just stay out of sight he'll forget about me. It won't be that hard since I have the 9 foot fence and he put that corner fence in but dang this is so weird.

Any advice?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah. Stop calling the cops.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah. Stop calling the cops.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.
    Yup.

Unless he comes on your dirt just leave him alone.....

Or you could build a supersized 'particle beam destroyer' and mount it on your roof and tell him it's time to move.

Make sure you have your gun on you if he ever comes on your property.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Make sure you have your gun on you if he ever comes on your property.
    Yep, if and when it comes down to it, hope he brings a hammer to a gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    So I called the cops and told them the story and they talked to him. They came back and said he was obviously mentally ill. They said he said I was trying to microwave his grandchildren. The freakiest part is that he fenced in the corner of his front yard a few days ago and he told the cops that was to prevent me from spying on him. Anyway the cops said I'll be fine and if he comes on my property, just call them.

Any advice?
    How long did it take the cops to show up when you called them initially?

2 minutes? 5 minutes? 30 minutes?

Keep that time in mind when the nut next door is advancing on you with a hammer or a gun in your living room.

When seconds count, cops are just minutes away.

My advice is:

1 - Grow eyes in the back of your head. Cover his home and property with surveillance cameras. Be alert.

2 - Arm yourself. I don't know where you live, but half of the states in the country are "constitutional carry" states, which require no permitting, training or red tape to carry a firearm.

3 - Know and understand the law in your state regarding the use of deadly force and "stand your ground".

4 - In addition, carry at all times an effective OC spray, to provide a measure of defense in between a strong word and a bullet.

5 - Move when you can, preferably to a place with no neighbors directly underfoot.

It's a shame, but this kind of thing happens all the time and is increasing as things continue to spin out of control.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-18-2023 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Government-employed doctors should cut off every 10 year old boy's dick and sew it on to a young girl of a different race. The excess white penises should be tossed into a grinder and converted to low-cost hot dogs to be distributed for free to the homeless.
    People talk about the trans issue because it is a social contagion consuming a generation of children and it is an assault on objective truth at a level never before seen. - Matt Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How long did it take the cops to show up when you called them initially?

2 minutes? 5 minutes? 30 minutes?

Keep that time in mind when the nut next door is advancing on you with a hammer or a gun in your living room.

When seconds count, cops are just minutes away.

My advice is:

1 - Grow eyes in the back of your head. Cover his home and property with surveillance cameras. Be alert.

2 - Arm yourself. I don't know where you live, but half of the states in the country are "constitutional carry" states, which require no permitting, training or red tape to carry a firearm.

3 - Know and understand the law in your state regarding the use of deadly force and "stand your ground".

4 - In addition, carry at all times an effective OC spray, to provide a measure of defense in between a strong word and a bullet.

5 - Move when you can, preferably to a place with no neighbors directly underfoot.

It's a shame, but this kind of thing happens all the time and is increasing as things continue to spin out of control.
    Yup, all good advice. Appreciate it. I need to work on my skills. I have a 22 single action revolver that I can barely remember how to shoot. I've never been in anything close to a situation like this and it's really weird.

The cameras are a really good idea, if I can catch him on my property I can have him arrested. My biggest fear is he just snipes me.

I'm hoping now that the banks are finally starting to collapse from the rate hikes that the fed lowers rates again, inflation be damned. That'll give me a chance to move.

I'm just imagining a buyer asking about the neighborhood. "Oh yeah, the neighborhood's nice and peaceful!"

If you can make $$$ on moving, I would consider moving.

Your neighbor situation will not get better on its own and you really don't want to have to drop the hammer on this guy.

But you sort of raise an interesting question: Is a crazy next door neighbor something that has to be disclosed to a property buyer?

As far as calling the kops, my policy is to only call the kops if I will be in bigger trouble by not calling them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup, all good advice. Appreciate it. I need to work on my skills. I have a 22 single action revolver that I can barely remember how to shoot. I've never been in anything close to a situation like this and it's really weird.

The cameras are a really good idea, if I can catch him on my property I can have him arrested. My biggest fear is he just snipes me.

I'm hoping now that the banks are finally starting to collapse from the rate hikes that the fed lowers rates again, inflation be damned. That'll give me a chance to move.

I'm just imagining a buyer asking about the neighborhood. "Oh yeah, the neighborhood's nice and peaceful!"
    Don’t know what the laws are in your state, but there are usually disclosure requirements when selling. I don’t know if “crazy neighbor” falls under that, but the more people you tell, and the more calls to the police, the higher the likelihood it will effect a potential sale.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Most fences are only 6 feet maximum. Do you live next to Trump wall?

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    If you can make $$$ on moving, I would consider moving.

Your neighbor situation will not get better on its own and you really don't want to have to drop the hammer on this guy.

But you sort of raise an interesting question: Is a crazy next door neighbor something that has to be disclosed to a property buyer?

As far as calling the kops, my policy is to only call the kops if I will be in bigger trouble by not calling them.
    If I could make money moving I'd be gone. I was already looking to move but going from a 3.5% rate to a 7% rate is a huge loss.

If I could make money moving I'd be gone. I was already looking to move but going from a 3.5% rate to a 7% rate is a huge loss.
    You could always rent until prices normalize. Sell just under the top, wait it out a few years and buy at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    You could always rent until prices normalize. Sell just under the top, wait it out a few years and buy at the bottom.
    I thought about doing that until I saw the price to rent a small house. Like 2K a month for little 1,000 sq ft house. I'm paying 900 a month on my mortgage.

Yeah, I agree with people here about calling the pigs unless its just for documentation.

Awhile back, I wrote this long post here about my nut neighbor taking a shot at me. I'll have to dig it up, but the short story is I didn't call the pigs. My wife did, but the pigs were useless. Seems the guy's son was a pig on the same police force, so they gave me some cock & bull story.

So, even from a practical point of view, calling pigs is a waste.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-19-2023 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I am surprised you weren't arrested. Often times the victim is the one arrested with wrongdoing.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yeah, I agree with people here about calling the pigs unless its just for documentation.

Awhile back, I wrote this long post here about my nut neighbor taking a shot at me. I'll have to dig it up, but the short story is I didn't call the pigs. My wife did, but the pigs were useless. Seems the guy's son was a pig on the same police force, so they gave me some cock & bull story.

So, even from a practical point of view, calling pigs is a waste.
    I think having a trail of documentation in this situation could be a big help. If Madison ever ends up having to shoot the nut, an established history of the nut harassing and acting crazy could be a big help in avoiding any charges from the state. Paper work won't protect you from violence, but it can protect you from jail when violence happens.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I think having a trail of documentation in this situation could be a big help. If Madison ever ends up having to shoot the nut, an established history of the nut harassing and acting crazy could be a big help in avoiding any charges from the state. Paper work won't protect you from violence, but it can protect you from jail when violence happens.
    Who knows if there is even paperwork or what it says. If protection or building a baseline behavior is the purpose, Madison had best obtain a copy of the police report and put it in a safe place. Those things have a tendency to get lost when it would be most helpful.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Who knows if there is even paperwork or what it says. If protection or building a baseline behavior is the purpose, Madison had best obtain a copy of the police report and put it in a safe place. Those things have a tendency to get lost when it would be most helpful.
    Security cameras would probably be a good idea too. Saving a history of the nutty behavior will be an asset.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.