Thread: RIP Gary Rossington

RIP Gary Rossington

The end of an era...

Gary Rossington, Lynyrd Skynyrd's last original member, dead at 71

In October 1977, Gary Rossington survived a plane crash that killed three bandmates and became a touchstone in rock music lore.

The Lynyrd Skynyrd founding member and guitarist seemed indestructible as he spent decades battling drug and alcohol addictions and enduring a carousel of heart-related health issues.

Rossington, the only living original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, died Sunday. He was 71.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/othe...71/ar-AA18gcdn
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whiskey bottles
    And brand new cars
    Oak tree, you're in my way....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

For the purists, Ricky Medlocke (also leader of the band Blackfoot), a current member of Skynyrd, was also essentially a founding member, but the recordings which were intended to be the first album were not released for many years later as “Skynyrd's First and... Last”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

RIP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

RIP , too young.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Whiskey bottles
    And brand new cars
    Oak tree, you're in my way....

This is the documentary that I watched about 5 years ago. It was on Circle TV, which is non-pay tv. I was pleasantly surprised by how long it was and how they went into detail. Short clip below includes beginning of the documentary. Intriguing and worth a look.

When Lynyrd Skynyrd emerged onto the world stage in 1973, it was the result of a collective determination; the group had struggled and fought to gain real recognition ever since their formation eight years before. And although they were initially identified, both in the music industry and in the media, as just another act in the then booming Southern Rock movement, it became quickly apparent that not only were Skynyrd a distinctly individual collective, but also they had the potential to become one of the finest rock bands in history. Led by the headstrong and domineering Ronnie Van Zant, a tough, blue collar brawler with a powerful stage presence, distinctive vocals and gritty, honest lyrics, his energy and vision propelled the group until its tragic end in 1977. This films tells the story of the rise and fall of a remarkable band.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5645196/

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-06-2023 at 05:45 AM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

One of my favorite jootube clips. It was a comeback of sorts.

Allen Collins smiling and having fun as he jumps up and down. Leon Wilkeson's stance looks like he's been riding a horse for 3 days lol

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The first reunion of former members:
    Rossington Collins Band
    Gary Rossington - guitar
    Allen Collins - guitar
    Leon Wilkeson - bass guitar
    Billy Powell - keyboards

Dale Krantz-Rossington - vocals

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.