Thread: Two illegal invaders, caught in Nebraska, killed a bald eagle with the intention of eating it

Two illegal invaders, caught in Nebraska, killed a bald eagle with the intention of eating it

Two Honduran nationals, caught in Nebraska, killed a bald eagle with the intention of eating it.

https://notthebee.com/article/two-ho...n-of-eating-it

Mar 3, 2023 · NottheBee.com

Well here's a metaphor for the current state of America.

The Stanton County Sheriff's department announced that they had caught two Honduran nationals (AKA illegal aliens) with a dead bald eagle in their possession.

The Sheriff's office was responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle northwest of the main Wood Duck Recreation Area near Stanton, Nebraska.

Ramiro Hernandez-Tziquin and Domingo Zetino-Hernandez, both 20-year-olds from Honduras were leaving the scene with the bird.

When questioned about the bald eagle, they said that they had shot it with a rifle (because of course they had guns) and were intending to have it for dinner.

Killing a bald eagle in the United States is a federal offense; eating one is just weird.

So far, the only crime the pair has been charged with is driving without a license, though more serious charges are possible as the investigation continues.

I suspect that the fact that the pair wasn't immediately charged with a federal offense most likely stems from their "Honduran national" status, which is usually code for illegal guests of the Biden administration.

If they had been U.S. citizens hunting bald eagles, you can bet the Justice Department would have acted swiftly to protect our endangered national icon!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if they were citizens they wouldve taken the truck , rifle and jailed them for the weekend
    Do something Danke

Leaving aside the metaphor (which seems to be the only real point of the article), I'm not seeing anything especially objectionable here.

[T]hey said that they had shot it with a rifle (because of course they had guns) [...]
    Okay. They had guns. So what?

How does the mere possession of firearms warrant sarcastic snark?

I expect that kind of attitude from MSNBC, or the likes of David Hogg.

Do better, Not the Bee.

Killing a bald eagle in the United States is a federal offense; eating one is just weird.
    I'll grant the eating part, but the killing part is just malum prohibitum bull$#@!.

So far, the only crime the pair has been charged with is driving without a license, [...]
    More malum prohibitum BS.

So all it really comes down to is that a couple of possibly (probably ?) illegal aliens are in Nebraska.

They're not exactly breaking any scoops there.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-05-2023 at 11:10 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Apart from the metaphor, I'm not seeing anything especially objectionable here.

Okay. They had guns. So what?

How does the mere possession of firearms warrant such sarcastic snark?

I expect that kind of attitude from MSNBC, or the likes of David Hogg.

Do better, Not the Bee.

I'll grant the eating part, but the killing part is just malum prohibitum bull$#@!.

More malum prohibitum BS.

So all it really comes down to is that a couple of possibly (probably ?) illegal aliens are in Nebraska.

They're not exactly breaking any scoops here.
    I suppose I could have used a better source than Not the Bee.
    @oyarde got it right, the objection is, had this been a couple of schmuck AmeriCunts, they would have hauled off to prison, tout court.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I suppose I could have used a better source than Not the Bee.
    Not the Bee is fine. I like Not the Bee - but they uncharacteristically missed the mark with that particular wisecrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @oyarde got it right, the objection is, had this been a couple of schmuck AmeriCunts, they would have hauled off to prison, tout court.
    With that I agree completely. (The phrase "with both feet" comes to mind.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-04-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Not the Bee is fine. I like Not the Bee - but they uncharacteristically missed the mark with that particular wisecrack.
    To be charitable, I suppose they might have been trying to imply that "illegals" are being granted more leeway than citizens when it comes to gun-possession "crimes", since these two apparently haven't (yet) been charged with anything gun-related - but even if so, the implication is too vague and/or subtle to come across effectively. It just sounds like they're saying it's an automatically to-be-expected "bad thing" for certain people (e.g., "illegals") to possess guns.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-04-2023 at 01:34 PM.

How dare those illegals kill an eagle knowing it's a symbol of freedom.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

They eat our freedoms

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I use to drop off dry ice to meat plants in Omaha. That place is little South America. I was the minority. Unfortunately freedom/liberty wasn't popular in these neighborhoods.