Thread: Lori Lightfoot out as Chicago mayor, loses re-election bid

Lori Lightfoot out as Chicago mayor, loses re-election bid

Good.

Could not have happened to a more thoroughly repulsive human being.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Loses Reelection Bid

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...eelection-bid/

JORDAN DIXON-HAMILTON 28 Feb 2023

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) on Tuesday failed to secure enough votes to advance to the runoff on Tuesday, losing her bid for a second term in office, according to an Associated Press projection.

Lightfoot becomes the first Chicago mayor to lose a bid for reelection in 40 years, when former mayor Jane Byrne was ousted in 1983.

Lightfoot’s loss sets up former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas (D) and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson (D) for a head to head faceoff in the runoff election on April 4.

Lightfoot’s first term in office was marked by the coronavirus pandemic and a massive increase in crime.

“Lori has had her chance. Since Lori Lightfoot has been in office, it seems like crime has gotten worse,” 45-year-old Chicago resident Lonnell Jolly told the Associated Press.

In 2022, Lightfoot’s Chicago recorded 723 murders, a 95 percent increase in vehicle thefts, a 50 percent increase in theft, and ten percent increases from the previous year in burglary and robbery.

The crime wave has continued into 2023, as the first homicide of the year occurred just 90 minutes into the New Year. In addition, the first 22 days of 2023 saw a significant increase in crime, as Breitbart News reported:
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And just to make sure the sentiment of my post is clear...

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just don't say Beetlejuice three times...she may reappear.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Just don't say Beetlejuice three times...she may reappear.

She was cute as a teen.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How unfortunate she couldn't rig her own election. Too bad whoever the new mayor ends up being will just continue where she left off.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well. it's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

She was cute as a teen.

That's what a lifetime of leftism and lesbianism will get you.

Is that dark stuff around her eyes supposed to be some kind of makeup?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Is that dark stuff around her eyes supposed to be some kind of makeup?
    its how leftists look when they dont get enough blood from children
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Another point on the board for white males
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this tweet alone cost her reelection.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I like the part where she predictably called Democrat voters in Chicago of bunch or racist homophobes.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

If Lightfoot could please make no more public appearances after this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Calvin Coolidge

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·