Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We are in the AI Singularity

Interview starts @ 10:00...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I, for one, am no longer scared of our ChatGPT Overlord...

The Left can't meme...

ChatGPT can't meme... in exactly the same way...

Hmmm.................
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-11-2023 at 09:06 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

TeslaBot in 3, 2, 1 ...

You thought psych-med fueled shootings were bad... wait 'til we get AI-fueled shootings...

@50:56
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-14-2023 at 07:47 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    The Left can't meme...

Hmmm.................
    Honestly - that level of logical consistency is about par for the course for an average agument on RPF
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Honestly - that level of logical consistency is about par for the course for an average agument on RPF
    I mean, you think the Internet is not saturated with AI chatbot agents? How much more obvious does it have to get??

Have you actually tried chatting with ChatGPT? It doesn't quite pass the Turing test. Yet.

I mean, you think the Internet is not saturated with AI chatbot agents? How much more obvious does it have to get??

Have you actually tried chatting with ChatGPT? It doesn't quite pass the Turing test. Yet.
    It is true that there are many AI chatbots available on the internet, and their popularity has been growing in recent years due to advancements in natural language processing and machine learning technologies.

Regarding your question about chatting with ChatGPT, I can assure you that ChatGPT is designed to engage in natural and intelligent conversations with users. However, it is also true that current AI technology has its limitations, and there is still work to be done to improve the ability of AI chatbots to pass the Turing test consistently. Nonetheless, it is constantly being updated and improved, and it strives to provide the best possible experience for users.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I, for one, am no longer scared of our ChatGPT Overlord...

The Left can't meme...

Hmmm.................
    Well, at least the relationship had at least 2 straight sides. That's saying a lot in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It is true that there are many AI chatbots available on the internet, and their popularity has been growing in recent years due to advancements in natural language processing and machine learning technologies.

Regarding your question about chatting with ChatGPT, I can assure you that ChatGPT is designed to engage in natural and intelligent conversations with users. However, it is also true that current AI technology has its limitations, and there is still work to be done to improve the ability of AI chatbots to pass the Turing test consistently. Nonetheless, it is constantly being updated and improved, and it strives to provide the best possible experience for users.
    Reddit: Once you know how ChatGPT talks, you see it everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well, at least the relationship had at least 2 straight sides. That's saying a lot in this day and age.

We need to create an AI government, no more corruption and has a set of top priorities, no matter what, like the Constitution etc.

This is mentioned in the first video.

GPTs are GPTs: An early look at the labor market impact potential of large language models

Abstract

We investigate the potential implications of Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT) models and related technologies on the U.S. labor market. Using a new rubric, we assess occupations based on their correspondence with GPT capabilities, incorporating both human expertise and classifications from GPT-4. Our findings indicate that approximately 80% of the U.S. workforce could have at least 10% of their work tasks affected by the introduction of GPTs, while around 19% of workers may see at least 50% of their tasks impacted. The influence spans all wage levels, with higher-income jobs potentially facing greater exposure. Notably, the impact is not limited to industries with higher recent productivity growth. We conclude that Generative Pre-trained Transformers exhibit characteristics of general-purpose technologies (GPTs), suggesting that as these models could have notable economic, social, and policy implications.
    FJB

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was talking to GPT4 today about some legal questions and caught it just straight making $#@! up.

Quote Originally Posted by GPT4
    I'm sorry, but I do not have any information on a specific California [man in a legal case that GPT previously referenced as an example]. It is possible that the incident you are referring to did not receive widespread media coverage or did not occur at all. If you have any additional details or context, I may be able to provide more information.
    I asked where I could find more info about the case it referenced.

Quote Originally Posted by GPT4
    I apologize for any confusion. I was mistaken in my previous response. There is no known case of a California [man in a legal case]. It is possible that this was a fabricated story or a misunderstanding.

As an AI language model, I strive to provide the most accurate and reliable information available based on my training data and knowledge cutoff. However, I am not perfect and sometimes may not have the most up-to-date or complete information. It is always recommended to verify information from multiple sources before making any decisions or conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    I was talking to GPT4 today about some legal questions and caught it just straight making $#@! up.

I asked where I could find more info about the case it referenced.
    To bypass a lot of the "As an AI model..." nonsense (but not 100% of it), you can access the raw GPT model through the Playground.

- Go to openai.com:
    - Select Developers->API Reference

- Click on "Playground"

- Type in the text box. Click the Submit button below to get GPT's response.

Note that this is not technically "ChatGPT", it's the base model underneath ChatGPT. It is best thought of as a text-completion tool, so it's a little less "natural" than ChatGPT but you get all the "intelligence" of the underlying base model.

‘The Godfather of A.I.’ Leaves Google and Warns of Danger Ahead -- For half a century, Geoffrey Hinton nurtured the technology at the heart of chatbots like ChatGPT. Now he worries it will cause serious harm.

IBM To Cut 8,000 Positions, Replacing Them With Artificial Intelligence

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-intelligence/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The "recursive detonation of intelligence" theory is false. Self-improving AI, on its own, cannot lead to truly super-human intelligence. But I think the ordinary person (without specialized understanding of computer science) will not be able to tell the difference, up to a limit. That is because LLMs and whatever comes next are based on training data taken from all of human effort ("super-human" knowledge) and they are running on machinery that is able to process much more information per second than the human brain can, by sheer dint of scale -- the human brain uses a couple dozen watts of power, these AI algorithms are running on machines powered by kilowatts or even megawatts of power...

Don't get bedazzled, it's just a machine...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast