Thread: NYC Mayor - On NY's high taxes "We Have ‘Obligations’ to Immigrants Here"

NYC Mayor - On NY's high taxes "We Have ‘Obligations’ to Immigrants Here"

High New York Taxes Make Moving to FL ‘Extremely Appealing’ — ‘But It’s Difficult’ Since We Have ‘Obligations’ to Immigrants Here

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...migrants-here/

IAN HANCHETT 23 Feb 2023

On Wednesday’s broadcast of WABC’s “Sid & Friends in the Morning,” Mayor Eric Adams (D) responded to a question on why people keep moving from New York to Florida if Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is as bad as Adams claims by stating that moving to Florida is “extremely appealing and attractive” when you look at New York’s taxes and that while high taxes are a “real” issue, “it’s difficult” given New York City’s population and the “obligations” that come with having people coming “from distant shores” to the city.

Host Sid Rosenberg asked, [relevant exchange begins around 5:00] “[H]ere’s where it comes off tough for you: If all those things are true, and he’s such a bad Governor and he’s so anti-American in all those respects, you’re going to have to explain, Mayor, why everybody, in big numbers, is leaving New York and going to his state. How do you explain that, if, in fact, he’s such a disaster?”

Adams responded, “Well, I think that you look at some very important areas. It’s extremely appealing and attractive when you look at our laws, our tax laws here and the tax laws in Florida. New York and California, we pay some of the highest income tax rates. That’s real, that’s a very real issue. But it’s difficult when you have a city of this number, 8.5 million people. New York City has always had the Statue of Liberty in its harbor. You and I and others, our family came from distant shores to come here, and there [are] a lot of obligations that [come] with that. But at the same time, this has been a place of prosperity and wealth.”

He continued, “He railed about crime. When people don’t realize, that, when you look at the stats, Florida actually has a higher murder rate than New York City. Last year, we had a double-digit decrease in murders, and we are down 12.5% this year. But when you look at Florida, per 100,000 residents, they have 7.3 murders per 100,000 residents in ’21, and ours was 5.5 per 100,000. So, when you rail about something about New York, crime is an issue, the numbers just don’t add up in comparison to Florida.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wanted to fact check that crime statement.

NY and FL are statistically tied in violent crime, number 26 and 27 of all the states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ent_crime_rate

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wanted to fact check that crime statement.

NY and FL are statistically tied in violent crime, number 26 and 27 of all the states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ent_crime_rate
    How the hell is Alaska #2 right behind DC?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    How the hell is Alaska #2 right behind DC?
    It has a very small population in comparison to the land mass and very high violent crime rates on the Indian/Eskimo reservations, which skews the overall number.

I've known a few people who used to live there, and property crime is high as well, given how remote everything is.

You go off ice fishing or hunting or something and come back to find your cabin and shed cleaned out.

NYC Mayor - On NY's high taxes "We Have ‘Obligations’ to Immigrants Here"
    //

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·