Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivek Ramaswamy’s 2024 POTUS campaign

Vivek Ramaswamy’s 2024 POTUS campaign

I Am Running for President to Revive the Long-Lost Ideals That Made America Great

Today I’m launching not just a political campaign, but a cultural movement to revive American national identity itself.

http://Vivek2024.com
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As President, I Will Decimate Affirmative Action in Every Sphere of American Life

America’s strength is not our diversity but the ideals that unify us across our differences. Merit. Free speech. Truth. Accountability. I believe deep in my bones these ideals still exist, and I am running for President to revive them.

Vivek2024.com
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Who?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Who?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Interesting.

A libertarian in high school, he switched to being conservative at Harvard in “an act of rebellion” against the politics he found there. That conservatism drove him to step down in January as CEO at Roivant Sciences—the drug-development company that made him rich—and write “Woke, Inc,” a book that takes a scathing look at “corporate America’s social-justice scam.” (It will be published in August.)
    Mr. Ramaswamy regards Klaus Schwab, founder and CEO of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, as the “patron saint of wokeism” for his relentless propagation of “stakeholder capitalism”—the view that the unspoken bargain in the grant to corporations of limited liability is that they “must do social good on the side.”

Davos is “the Woke Vatican,” Mr. Ramaswamy says; Al Gore and Larry Fink, CEO of BlackRock, are “its archbishops.” CEOs “further down the chain”—he mentions James Quincey of Coca-Cola, Ed Bastian of Delta, Marc Benioff of Salesforce, John Donahoe of Nike and Alan Jope of Unilever —are its “cardinals.”
    The irrepressible Mr. Ramaswamy presses on with another example. Goldman Sachs, he says with obvious relish, “is a very Davos-fitting example.” At the 2020 World Economic Forum, Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon “issued an edict from the mountaintops of Davos.” Mr. Solomon announced his company would refuse to take a company public if its board wasn’t sufficiently diverse. “So Goldman gets to define what counts as ‘diverse,’ ” Mr. Ramaswamy says. “No doubt, they’re referring to skin-deep, genetically inherited attributes.”
    https://www.aei.org/articles/can-viv...t-of-business/
    Did Ramaswamy’s interactions at WEF (if he had any) cause him to disagree and rebel against them? Did he find them objectionable?

WEFs Young Global Leaders is an interesting topic. It is all about diversity. It seems like the program is a recruitment arm for the WEF. They pick out young people who are on a fast track to power, and try to indoctrinate them. But what if it doesn't work? What if it has the opposite effect?

Then there is this:

I still get messages from people asking why I am listed among the Young Global Leaders for the World Economic Forum.

Short answer: I have no idea.

I never asked to be nominated and asked them multiple times to remove my name. I declined it when I was first invited and still do.
    I remain open to having a respectful public debate with Klaus Schwab about stakeholder capitalism. He’s a proponent; I’m an opponent. I’m told that he preliminarily agreed to do it in 2021, but I never heard back after that.

The offer still stands.
    https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/...99052834643971
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-22-2023 at 10:42 AM.

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/...86912995184641

If anyone can find Ramaswamy in this picture, it would mean he did attend a WEF function of some kind.

Attachment 8363
    https://www.fairplaytalks.com/2021/0...ing-the-world/

Vetting Vivek Ramaswamy
    Former pharma exec and newfound anti-ESG crusader has substantial ties to China, the Covid industrial complex, Pfizer, Soros inc, and a track record of business calamities.
    https://dossier.substack.com/p/vetting-vivek-ramaswamy

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    GOP Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy Shares His Vision for a Unified America | SYSTEM UPDATE #56
    "We'll spend the hour with GOP presidential candidate @VivekGRamaswamy, discussing his views of "national identity and unity," foreign policy, Russia and China, the culture wars, the banking crisis, and more:" -- @SystemUpdate_
    https://rumble.com/v2daqjy-system-update-show-56.html

CLIP:

GOP Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy Shares His Vision for a Unified America | SYSTEM UPDATE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhR6PPn-GwQ
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-16-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    GOP Presidential Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy Shares His Vision for a Unified America | SYSTEM UPDATE #56
    "We'll spend the hour with GOP presidential candidate @VivekGRamaswamy, discussing his views of "national identity and unity," foreign policy, Russia and China, the culture wars, the banking crisis, and more:" -- @SystemUpdate_
    https://rumble.com/v2daqjy-system-update-show-56.html
    Fake and Gae.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"YOUR WELCOME" with Michael Malice #256: Vivek Ramaswamy
    Michael Malice (“YOUR WELCOME”) is joined by businessman, author, and Republican candidate for president, Vivek Ramaswamy, to discuss his approach to the 2024 election, the certain government institutions that are an assault on American liberties, and the first things he plans to do if elected President of the United States of America.
    https://odysee.com/@MichaelMalice:6/...l-malice-256:5

Longshot presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy has accused his prospective Republican rivals of parroting him, but Ramaswamy himself has made an intentional effort to conceal his own biography, even paying a Wikipedia editor to remove potentially politically damaging details about his past from his page.

Ramaswamy’s Wikipedia page includes the warning, “this article has multiple issues,” with a note that it “contains paid contributions” and “may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia’s content policies, particularly neutral point of view.”
    The source of these concerns are changes made by an editor with the screen name “Jhofferman,” who has disclosed that he was paid by Ramaswamy to make alterations to the page.
    According to the article’s version history, the editor removed lines about Ramaswamy’s receipt of a Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans in 2011. Paul Soros was the older brother of billionaire funder of leftist causes George Soros, who was the biggest individual political donor in the United States during the 2022 election cycle. Also removed from the page on February 9, 2023 was Ramaswamy’s role on the state of Ohio’s Covid-19 Response Team. The editor recorded that Ramaswamy’s Covid-era work was removed from the article by the candidate’s own explicit request, while his Soros fellowship was deemed “extraneous material” by the editor.

The editor’s conflict of interest was debated by Wikipedia users and editors after the alterations were made; the reference to Ramaswamy’s fellowship was later added back to the page, although his tenure on the Ohio Covid Team remains absent.

More at: https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ex...ikipedia-page/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well he's probably got more going for him than the other main options. I don't trust him very much but you don't see other people saying this.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Nice to have fresh voice on Republican side

healthy to have his intelligent additions

He was legit on the tranny invasion.

Wheres he stand on the Second, the IRS and going to Izrael to sign anti First Amendment legislation?
    Last edited by unknown; 05-04-2023 at 07:42 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As President, I Will Decimate Affirmative Action in Every Sphere of American Life

Affirmative action sucks balls.

But what's with the CCP boogeyman? 99% of our problems are internal.

And send the military into Mexico? WTF?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Affirmative action sucks balls.

But what's with the CCP boogeyman? 99% of our problems are internal.

And send the military into Mexico? WTF?
    I don't know what Vivek's agenda is with regard to China, but my opinion is that the global elites who drive US domestic policy are entwined with the CCP. The CCP is their role model for global totalitarianism.

My ongoing thread on the subject:

China is the Model for US Billionaires, Crony Corporatists and Authoritarian Kleptocrats

I take it Natural Born Citizen is a thing of the past too?

Though I advocate open borders (freedom to travel freely), shutting off the spigot of hand outs and ending the border industrial complex, that does not mean that I am open to non-natural born citizens running for office.

@jmdrake
    Last edited by PAF; 05-08-2023 at 10:01 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I take it Natural Born Citizen is a thing of the past too?

Though I advocate open borders (freedom to travel freely), shutting off the spigot of hand outs and ending the border industrial complex, that does not mean that I am open to non-natural born citizens running for office.

@jmdrake
    https://fedsoc.org/contributors/vivek-ramaswamy

Mr. Ramaswamy was born and raised in southwest Ohio. He graduated summa cum laude in Biology from Harvard in 2007 and began his career as a successful biotech investor at a prominent hedge fund. Mr. Ramaswamy continued to work as an investor while earning his law degree at Yale.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    https://fedsoc.org/contributors/vivek-ramaswamy

Mr. Ramaswamy was born and raised in southwest Ohio. He graduated summa cum laude in Biology from Harvard in 2007 and began his career as a successful biotech investor at a prominent hedge fund. Mr. Ramaswamy continued to work as an investor while earning his law degree at Yale.
    Yes, but you didn't answer the question.

@Anti Federalist ? You are pro-closed borders, should this guy run, being he is not a Natural Born Citizen?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...itizen-Defined

@Anti Federalist ? You are pro-closed borders, should this guy run, being he is not a Natural Born Citizen?
    At first glance, I don't see an issue.

My understanding of "natural born citizen" is a person born of two parents who are also born citizens, or legal immigrants who have completed the citizenship process.

A person also has to have been born on US soil.

As far as I know he meets those requirements.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-09-2023 at 06:08 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Yes, but you didn't answer the question.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...itizen-Defined
    Well there's nothing in the constitution that prevents someone for running for an office they can't hold. That said...I know little of Ramaswamy. I asked FastGPT and I found this:

Were Vivek Ramaswamy's parents citizens when he was born?

Vivek Ramaswamy's parents were immigrants from India according to the context provided. The context does not specify whether his parents were U.S. citizens or not when he was born. It states:

Ramaswamy was born and raised in Ohio to immigrant parents from India. His father was a General Electric engineer and his mother was a geriatric psychiatrist.

So based on the information given, it is unclear whether Vivek Ramaswamy's parents were U.S. citizens or not at the time of his birth. The context only states that they were immigrants from India.
    And...that's what I found doing my own Google search. Interesting article you posted. It would mean Obama isn't a natural born citizen regardless of whether or not he was born in Hawaii. But if Frank Davis was really Obama's father then Obama was a natural born citizen if he was born in Hawaii. The GOP should have stuck with that and downplayed the whole "battling birth certificates" saga.

And then there's the question of whether or not the 14th amendment changes the definition of "natural born citizen." (U.S. News article that makes the case that dreamer is more of a natural born citizen than Ted Cruz or John McCain who were born outside of America to American parent.) There at least 3 problems with the 14th amendment. 1) It was later construed to confer birthright citizenship. 2) it made it illegal to question the national debt and (section 3) and 3) it was later misconstrued to confer birthright citizenship.

I would have written it as follows. "All persons who were slaves or descendants of slave in the United States prior to the passage of the 13th Amendment are U.S. citizens."

But...I wasn't there.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    At first glance, I don't see an issue.

My understanding of "natural born citizen" is a person born of two parents who are also born citizens, or legal immigrants who have completed the citizenship process.

A person also has to have been born on US soil.

As far as I know he meets those requirements.

Well there's nothing in the constitution that prevents someone for running for an office they can't hold. That said...I know little of Ramaswamy. I asked FastGPT and I found this:

And...that's what I found doing my own Google search. Interesting article you posted. It would mean Obama isn't a natural born citizen regardless of whether or not he was born in Hawaii. But if Frank Davis was really Obama's father then Obama was a natural born citizen if he was born in Hawaii. The GOP should have stuck with that and downplayed the whole "battling birth certificates" saga.

And then there's the question of whether or not the 14th amendment changes the definition of "natural born citizen." (U.S. News article that makes the case that dreamer is more of a natural born citizen than Ted Cruz or John McCain who were born outside of America to American parent.) There at least 3 problems with the 14th amendment. 1) It was later construed to confer birthright citizenship. 2) it made it illegal to question the national debt and (section 3) and 3) it was later misconstrued to confer birthright citizenship.

I would have written it as follows. "All persons who were slaves or descendants of slave in the United States prior to the passage of the 13th Amendment are U.S. citizens."

But...I wasn't there.

The Law of Nations: Or, Principles of the Law of Nature Applied to the Conduct and Affairs of Nations and Sovereigns - Emer De Vattel

Chapter 19, Section 212 - Citizens and Natives (p.101)

"The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence to what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the father is therefore that of the children."

Justice Marshall's opinion reiterates this definition. Only an amendment would alter this, which has been repeatedly attempted but so far has failed.

Fact: The US Constitution requires the president to be a NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN

Fact: John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington suggesting the requirement be made.

Fact: The description of natural-born citizen was derived from Vattel's work, Law of Nations § 212

Fact: In the SCOTUS decision, The Venus, 1814, Justice Marshall defines 'natural-born citizen' using Vattel's work, but in his own words saying, (#123) 'Vattel, who, though not very full to this point, is more explicit and more satisfactory on it than any other whose work has fallen into my hands, says, 'the citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or indigenes, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. Society not being able to subsist and to perpetuate itself but by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights.'

http://openjurist.org/12/us/253/the-venus-rae-master

Fact: During the 2nd Session of the 37th Congress in 1862, Mr. Bingham defined 'natural-born citizen' on the House floor and none disputed his definition:

"The Constitution leaves no room for doubt upon this subject. The words "natural-born citizen of the United States" occur in it, and the other provision also occurs in it that "Congress shall have power to pass a uniform system of naturalization." To naturalize a person is to admit him to citizenship. Who are natural-born citizens but those born within the Republic? Those born within the Republic, whether black or white, are citizens by birth - natural-born citizens. There is no such word as white in the Constitution. Citizenship, therefore, does not depend upon complexion say more than it depends upon the rights of election or of office. All from other lands, who, by the terms of the laws and a compliance with the provisions becomes naturalized, are adopted citizens of the United States; all other persons born within the Republic, of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty, are natural-born citizens."

Well, the country is so far gone anyway, the issue of NBC is just yet another thing of the past. It's whatever suits folks at the present time, right?

BTW, Obama, and Vivek Ramaswamy, are NOT Natural Born Citizens.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the country is so far gone anyway, the issue of NBC is just yet another thing of the past. It's whatever suits folks at the present time, right?

Obama certainly is not.

I have not looked closely at Ramaswamy.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

That's not what I said! And I read your article. You're ignoring this:

The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.

If Vivak's parents were naturalized citizens when he was born in Ohio then he's a natural born citizen by the criteria you put forward. If they were not then he is not by the criteria you put forward. So, do you have evidence to prove that Vivak's parents had not be naturalized before he was born?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Obama certainly is not.

I have not looked closely at Ramaswamy.
    Here ya go:

His mother is a geriatric psychiatrist, and his Father is a doctor. They immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s; their native countries are Tamil Nadu and India.

https://tvshowstars.com/meet-vivek-g...maswamy-vivek/

That's not what I said! And I read your article. You're ignoring this:

The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens.

If Vivak's parents were naturalized citizens when he was born in Ohio then he's a natural born citizen by the criteria you put forward. If they were not then he is not by the criteria you put forward. So, do you have evidence to prove that Vivak's parents had not be naturalized before he was born?
    And... here we go again

Perhaps reread the entire essay. Simply put, at the end of the essay that I provided:

All from other lands, who, by the terms of the laws and a compliance with the provisions becomes naturalized, are adopted citizens of the United States; all other persons born within the Republic, of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty, are natural-born citizens."

And... here we go again

Perhaps reread the entire essay. Simply put, at the end of the essay that I provided:
    All from other lands, who, by the terms of the laws and a compliance with the provisions becomes naturalized, are adopted citizens of the United States; all other persons born within the Republic, of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty, are natural-born citizens."
    Okay. So you're arguing that Vivak's parents had dual citizenship after being naturalized? Source? Because what you quoted does not say that a son of immigrants who became naturalized citizens is not a natural born citizen. Read what you quoted yourself again.

Here ya go:
    His mother is a geriatric psychiatrist, and his Father is a doctor. They immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s; their native countries are Tamil Nadu and India.

https://tvshowstars.com/meet-vivek-g...maswamy-vivek/
    That doesn't say they didn't become naturalized citizens prior to Vivak's birth or that they retained dual citizenship. Alexander Issaiévich Soljenítsin's native country was the USSR, but as a defector he owed no allegiance to it.

Also if you use INDENT tags instead of QUOTE tags when you quote your sources it's easier for people to respond to you.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast