Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vivek Ramaswamy’s 2024 Campaign Launch

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. So you're arguing that Vivak's parents had dual citizenship after being naturalized? Source? Because what you quoted does not say that a son of immigrants who became naturalized citizens is not a natural born citizen. Read what you quoted yourself again.
    What I am saying is:

His mother is a geriatric psychiatrist, and his Father is a doctor. They immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s; their native countries are Tamil Nadu and India.

https://tvshowstars.com/meet-vivek-g...maswamy-vivek/

And:

In other words, a natural born citizen means at least a second generation citizen of the country. Vattel's own note on the margin of his book refers to the Roman law: NEMO PLUS JURIS TRANSFERRE POTEST, QUAM IPSE HABET, meaning "No one can give more rights than he himself has" (by Dr. A. Altec).

All from other lands, who, by the terms of the laws and a compliance with the provisions becomes naturalized, are adopted citizens of the United States; all other persons born within the Republic, of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty, are natural-born citizens."

Thanks for the INDENT tip ;-)
    Last edited by PAF; 05-09-2023 at 07:25 AM.

An Agorist Primer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    What I am saying is:

His mother is a geriatric psychiatrist, and his Father is a doctor. They immigrated to the U.S. in the 1970s; their native countries are Tamil Nadu and India.

https://tvshowstars.com/meet-vivek-g...maswamy-vivek/

And:

In other words, a natural born citizen means at least a second generation citizen of the country. Vattel's own note on the margin of his book refers to the Roman law: NEMO PLUS JURIS TRANSFERRE POTEST, QUAM IPSE HABET, meaning "No one can give more rights than he himself has" (by Dr. A. Altec).

All from other lands, who, by the terms of the laws and a compliance with the provisions becomes naturalized, are adopted citizens of the United States; all other persons born within the Republic, of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty, are natural-born citizens."

Thanks for the INDENT tip ;-)
    Using your logic, nobody is ever a natural born citizens. "No one can give more rights than he himself has." So. Your immigrant great grandfather could not bestow the right to be president on his son, who could not bestow it on his son and so on. Also you keep using a term you have not actually defined. "Owing allegiance to another country." Someone who has renounced his previous citizenship owes no allegiance to that country. He can't be taxed by that country. He can't be drafted into that country's army. Putting the same undefined or misdefined terms in bold doesn't change anything. And you're welcome regarding the indent tip.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Using your logic, nobody is ever a natural born citizens. "No one can give more rights than he himself has." So. Your immigrant great grandfather could not bestow the right to be president on his son, who could not bestow it on his son and so on. Also you keep using a term you have not actually defined. "Owing allegiance to another country." Someone who has renounced his previous citizenship owes no allegiance to that country. He can't be taxed by that country. He can't be drafted into that country's army. Putting the same undefined or misdefined terms in bold doesn't change anything. And you're welcome regarding the indent tip.

Person's parents are born and citizens of another country, even if they eventually become citizens here. Person is born in the U.S. Therefore, Person is first gen citizen, thus Non-NBC.

Person's parents are born in the U.S. Person is born in the U.S. Therefore, Person is second gen citizen, thus NBC.

That's the way that I read and understand it.

I question whether naturalized is enough to meet the requirement, but at least his parents are called into question:

March 08, 2023

While Ramaswamy and Haley were indisputably born in the United States, there is a lack of evidence that either set of parents naturalized as U.S. citizens prior to the candidate’s birth on U.S. soil. Both candidates’ parents happen to hail from India.

After Barack Obama declared his presidential candidacy in February 2007, controversy arose given that his claimed father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., was for his entire life a foreign citizen, first of Great Britain via his birth in the then-British colony of Kenya in 1934, and later, of Kenya after it achieved independence in late 1963. Although varying narratives of the younger Obama’s life story abound, it has been consistently reported, and Obama II has never denied, that his father never became a U.S. citizen, having been forced to leave the country after Harvard refused to allow him to finish his studies, according to government documents.

https://www.thepostemail.com/2023/03...t-be-answered/

An Agorist Primer

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Person's parents are born and citizens of another country, even if they eventually become citizens here.
    Unless they renounce their citizenship to their previous country. You keep leaving that part out. We don't know if his parents are dual citizens or not.

Person is born in the U.S. Therefore, Person is first gen citizen, thus Non-NBC.

Person's parents are born in the U.S. Person is born in the U.S. Therefore, Person is second gen citizen, thus NBC.

That's the way that I read and understand it.

I question whether naturalized is enough to meet the requirement, but at least his parents are called into question:
    Fair enough. So by the definition of the 18th century source you cited he might not be a natural born citizen. Then again he might.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Unless they renounce their citizenship to their previous country. You keep leaving that part out. We don't know if his parents are dual citizens or not.

Fair enough. So by the definition of the 18th century source you cited he might not be a natural born citizen. Then again he might.

An Agorist Primer

no matter how hard he tries, nobody will remember his name.

Ramaswamy's tweet ends: "They said it violated their policies relating to 'misinformation, hate speech, and violence.' Sad but not surprising."

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1661879006470238209

The Anti-woke Candidate
    Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says America’s in a “national identity crisis.”
    Four symptoms: “woke-ism”… "transgender-ism”… "climate-ism”…“Covid-ism.”
    Here is our full interview:

https://rumble.com/v2njne6-the-anti-woke-candidate.html

From the description of the YouTube release of the same interview:
    Vivek Ramaswamy: The Full Interview on Wokeness, Free Speech, destructive ESG & the Climate Cult.

Vivek Ramaswamy is a successful entrepreneur who created a biotech company. Now he’s running for president.

“As a businessperson, you're saving lives…why politics?” I ask.

"I think there is an opportunity to drive a national revival in our country,” he tells me. "I couldn't think of a better way to do it than to...get elected U.S. president.”

Ramaswamy is obviously a long shot, but his arguments--that America has become a nation of victims, and that some on Wall St now collude with government to cripple capitalism--made me want to learn more about him.

Here is our full interview.

Vivek Ramaswamy (running for president)

Vivek Ramaswamy was born to immigrant parents from India August 9, 1985 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Religion: Hindu

Vivek Ramaswamy - Co-founder of Campus Venture Network (2007-2009); partner at hedgefund QVT Financial (2007-2014). Founder and CEO of Roivant Sciences Pharmaceutical Corporation (2014-2021); co-founder and executive chairman of Strive Asset Management (2022-present).

Vivek Ramaswamy: “I feel like I recoil when I see someone describe me as a conservative,” he told an interviewer. “Not that there’s anything wrong with being a conservative. It’s just not how I would describe myself.”

Vivek Ramaswamy: “I am taking the Trump America first agenda to the next level to actually get the job done,” he recently told a reporter https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...level-8475100/

PharmaVoice profiled Ramaswamy, noting that his calls for the United States to get tough on “Chinese business appear to be newly held, as two of Roivant’s subsidiaries during his time leading the company … notably focused on the innovations of medicine in China and for patients across Asia.

In its profile of Ramaswamy, Business Insider highlighted the fact that he “moonlighted as a rapper” while he was an undergraduate at Harvard.

Vivek Ramaswamy joined QVT Financial, where he slowly made a name for himself with a simple “buy low, sell high strategy.” In one notable example of this approach, he bought shares of the New Jersey-based Pharmasset in 2008 at $5 apiece, and then was a top shareholder by the time Gilead bought the company for $137 a share four years later.

Then, in 2014, he left QVT to found Roivant with a goal to “reduce the average time and cost of the drug development process”.

In a model Ramaswamy dubbed the “Berkshire Hathaway of drug development,” Roivant was designed to spin out smaller, highly focused subsidiary companies.

When one of the company’s first “vants” — Axovant — launched with what was at the time the biggest IPO in U.S. Biotech history (it’s now been surpassed by Moderna), Ramaswamy canceled his honeymoon to ring the bell at the New York Stock Exchange. During his tenure as CEO, a role he stepped down from in 2021, Ramaswamy oversaw the FDA approval of five medications.

Although as a Biotech CEO Ramaswamy signed a 2017 letter supporting the “principles and best practices to increase gender diversity” in the life sciences industry, just five years later Ramaswamy became a mouthpiece against similar goals.

To fight the fentanyl crisis, Ramaswamy said he would consider a “military assault” of Mexican drug cartels using airstrikes, drone attacks and special forces operations.

Despite his background in Pharma and recent debates over how the federal government should handle drug pricing, Ramaswamy has yet to release a policy platform on the issue, or other issues directly impacting the drug industry.

https://www.pharmavoice.com/news/viv...oivant/643559/

https://www.cfr.org/blog/meet-vivek-...tial-candidate

An Agorist Primer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12