Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New poll has Trump over Biden by 5 pts, and in a 7 way primary 18 pts over DeSantis

New poll has Trump over Biden by 5 pts, and in a 7 way primary 18 pts over DeSantis

Trump, who announced his candidacy in November, would win 46 percent of the vote, while Biden would gain 41 percent, the survey showed.

The former president would perform even better against Harris, winning 49 percent of support compared to Harris's 39 percent.

The poll was carried out for The Hill on February 15-16 by a team for Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll.

Trump, 76, also defeated other Republican rivals in the poll.

Only Nikki Haley has so far declared her intention to challenge him, but in an eight-way race, Trump beats them all.

He won 37 percent of support, with 19 percent backing the Florida governor Ron DeSantis - who is yet to enter the race, but widely expected to do so in the spring.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oll-shows.html
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again mail in ballots, Dominion voting machines, and ballot harvesting (all of which will not be banned by the time the election rolls around) will prove those polls wrong.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trump will never hold office again.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Trump will never hold office again.
    That’s the truth.

Gee I wonder why they chose to report the result of the 7 way primary instead of the 2 way race just between Trump and Desantis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Gee I wonder why they chose to report the result of the 7 way primary instead of the 2 way race just between Trump and Desantis...
    DeSantis needs to focus on Florida, who knows if he will even enter the race this time. If he waits until 2028, he will probably get at least 90% of Trump voters, plus a lot of anti-Trump voters. If he runs this time, then the die hard Trump supporters will probably turn on him, he loses a lot of support.

Strategically it makes no sense - unless A) he thinks that Trump would lose the general and he will win or B) He is a neocon puppet trying to bring down Trump.

But according to this poll, A is not the case.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    DeSantis needs to focus on Florida, who knows if he will even enter the race this time. If he waits until 2028, he will probably get at least 90% of Trump voters, plus a lot of anti-Trump voters. If he runs this time, then the die hard Trump supporters will probably turn on him, he loses a lot of support.

Strategically it makes no sense - unless A) he thinks that Trump would lose the general and he will win or B) He is a neocon puppet trying to bring down Trump.

But according to this poll, A is not the case.
    Or C) Trump gets indicted for a crime and/or is barred from holding office

If Trump is going to win the GOP nom, Michelle Obama will step in.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is most likely.

Some Trumped up charge to legally prevent him from holding office.

Hopefully for the illegal bombings of civilians in the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is most likely.

Some Trumped up charge to legally prevent him from holding office.
    Thats been the dem goal all along. Not sure if they get there in time but GOP better have a backup plan
    Do something Danke

Trump can run for President from prison.. good chance he would win, because everybody would know it's total BS.

The left has to be careful not to turn him into a martyr.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-19-2023 at 03:29 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thats been the dem goal all along. Not sure if they get there in time but GOP better have a backup plan
    DeSantis would do well in a general election situation. He has almost all the same policy as Trump, but he presents it in a blunt we are just going to do this manner without all the theatrics and drama that surrounds Trump.

The dems pulled a power play and saved Trump from the classified documents thing. By planting them on Biden, they now have to let Trump off. They want Trump to run because he is sure to lose. DeSantis would likely win.

The more people say Trump will be in prison/barred from holding office, the more likely that isn't going to be the case. If Trump knew that was going to happen, he wouldn't be wasting time running for president again. The only way someone can genuinely hold those positions is if they are under the impression Trump is actually stupid enough to think he won't have to worry about that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The backup plan is to switch Trump with DeSantis and have him be the fall guy for Biden instead.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The more people say Trump will be in prison/barred from holding office, the more likely that isn't going to be the case. If Trump knew that was going to happen, he wouldn't be wasting time running for president again. The only way someone can genuinely hold those positions is if they are under the impression Trump is actually stupid enough to think he won't have to worry about that.
    I think Trump wrongly believes that running for office will distract or insulate him from pending charges.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The backup plan is to switch Trump with DeSantis and have him be the fall guy for Biden instead.
    DeSantis would win. If Trump goes down on criminal charges that are no fault of DeSantis, all of Trumps support would go to DeSantis. DeSantis presents nothing like Trump and general election voters would not find him crude or divisive like they do Trump. Biden is a very unpopular president, his approval numbers suck even in his own party.

I do have to admit if it skewed things, it would be interesting to know why anyone who would vote for [insert generic neocon] would choose either Trump or DeSantis.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I do have to admit if it skewed things, it would be interesting to know why anyone who would vote for [insert generic neocon] would choose either Trump or DeSantis.
    They would choose DeSantis. Any Republican who is polling for anyone besides Trump actually wants to win the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Desantis picks up more of the leftovers in a head to head. Make of that what you will.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

They would choose DeSantis. Any Republican who is polling for anyone besides Trump actually wants to win the general election.
    Trump lost 2020 because of election fraud. There's just too much circumstantial evidence for me to ignore. Now some will ask for "proof," but that's an impossible task since I am only one person who will never have access to confidential/secret material. Furthermore, the burden of proof should be upon those who would presume to rule over us that a clean election occured. That has not happened, and the insistence on having an easily abused voting systems tells me all I need to know. In conjunction with anomalous election data, I simply cannot trust election results (not that I had much trust to begin with).

You might hate Trump, but if the election fraud issue of 2020 and beyond is never resolved then we might as well shut down this site and any support for Ron Paul, Rand Paul, etc., who will never even hace a chance of victory.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Trump lost 2020 because of election fraud. There's just too much circumstantial evidence for me to ignore. Now some will ask for "proof," but that's an impossible task since I am only one person who will never have access to confidential/secret material. Furthermore, the burden of proof should be upon those who would presume to rule over us that a clean election occured. That has not happened, and the insistence on having an easily abused voting systems tells me all I need to know. In conjunction with anomalous election data, I simply cannot trust election results (not that I had much trust to begin with).

You might hate Trump, but if the election fraud issue of 2020 and beyond is never resolved then we might as well shut down this site and any support for Ron Paul, Rand Paul, etc., who will never even hace a chance of victory.
    I don't have the energy or desire to debate that topic anymore. Believe whatever makes you happy.

You missed my point.

Most of the other run of the mill so-so republicans running don't really share any (alleged) views with either Trump or DeSantis. It would be like saying, "hmm, they don't have my favorite flavor of ice cream, I think I'll have shoelaces for dessert instead." Granted many republican voters don't really know or care what they believe in and would vote for someone like Romney to stop Tru—. *cough*
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-20-2023 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I don't have the energy or desire to debate that topic anymore. Believe whatever makes you happy.
    Then there's the 2022 mid-term elections. I know that the GOP is about as exciting as a flaccid penis dipped in wet bread, but any opposition party should have steamrolled the Democrats. Their official platform is so demented that it transcends normal political debate.

People cheat for the thinnest of reasons in their personal lives, but not for a seat of power (and grift) within the most powerful nation the world has ever seen? Okay. I'd actually be more filled with despair if I thought that our elections were legitimate.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes, that.

Desantis picks up more of the leftovers in a head to head. Make of that what you will.
    Latest polling still has Trump with a double digit lead over DeSantis, when polled head to head.

In a hypothetical head-to-head match-up between Trump and DeSantis, the former president also comes out on top, beating the Florida governor 56 percent to 44 percent.

The Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll survey was conducted Feb. 15-16 and surveyed 1,838 registered voters

Then there's the 2022 mid-term elections. I know that the GOP is about as exciting as a flaccid penis dipped in wet bread, but any opposition party should have steamrolled the Democrats. Their official platform is so demented that it transcends normal political debate.

People cheat for the thinnest of reasons in their personal lives, but not for a seat of power (and grift) within the most powerful nation the world has ever seen? Okay. I'd actually be more filled with despair if I thought that our elections were legitimate.
    I don’t think Trump or DeSantis has a prayer in hell of winning the Executive Mansion of Mordor in 2024 simply because of the 2022 election. The Banking Cartel went into overdrive to prevent the rise of Mastriano (PA), Dixon (MI), Michels (WI), and Lake (AZ). Deep Red PA, which has two sizable blue tumors called Philadelphia and Pittsburg, was stolen so brazenly that the GOP controlled House, which was not even considered on the table, went Democrat preventing 2023 Constitutional Amendments that would have prevented future lockdowns AND would have required Voter ID (including for Mail-In Ballots). PA has fallen. Michigan has fallen. Arizona has fallen. Wisconsin has tripped but may never recover.

You tell me how any Republican wins without PA, MI, WI, and AZ because, for me, the math doesn’t work. My advice? Get your ass to a Red State with Voter ID surrounded by other Red States with Voter ID. This ship is going down.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

That's the same poll as the OP, just the part that the daily mail decided not to quote.

You'll notice that trump has a smaller lead in the two way poll vs 7 way, which is exactly what I said before.
    Pinochet is the model

That's the same poll as the OP, just the part that the daily mail decided not to quote.

You'll notice that trump has a smaller lead in the two way poll vs 7 way, which is exactly what I said before.
    A 12 point lead is substantial.

But I haven't got a dog in this hunt, to tell the truth.

If polling and voting and any of this is to be believed, Trump still commands a substantial bloc of voters, is all I'm pointing out.

Dismiss that at your own peril.

Only way Trump will ever be president again is if he cheats his way into office, hence why he came out recently in favor of ballot harvesting. Unfortunately for him, he's up against people that have perfected the art of cheating. I'm sure the Democrats already have everything in place to link everything back to Trump if he attempts to do just that.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast