Thread: Protonmail points

Protonmail points

Some older helpful things with Protonmail that I didn't know.

About a year ago they integrated an automatic pixel zapper on your incoming emails/images, so you can't be spied on even if you allow your email images to automatically load. Yes, in case you didn't already know this, places send you images in your email and in those images is literally code in a pixel within that image to spy on you. wikipedia

Also, something I searched for long ago, but didn't ever find is actually there now, a "delete all" in the trash folder, go to those three dots "..." all the way to the right up on the toolbar and click "delete all" and it will totally empty everything in your trash folder at once.
    Last edited by Mach; 03-26-2023 at 09:21 PM.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Some older helpful things with Protonmail that I didn't know.

About a year ago they integrated an automatic pixel zapper on your incoming emails/images, so you can't be spied on even if you allow your email images to automatically load. Yes, in case you didn't already know this, places send you images in your email and in those images is literally code in a pixel within that image to spy on you. wikipedia

Also, something I searched for long ago, but didn't ever find is actually there now, a "delete all" in the trash folder, click select all in trash, then go to those three dots "..." all the way to the right up on the toolbar and click "delete all" and it will totally empty everything in your trash folder at once.
    You can do it on forums too - embed an image to a server you run or place you have access to the logs of.

I experimented with this a long time ago and tried to warn people. Most people seem incapable of understanding a warning and of course things like this are at every level and direction now.

A pixel image is just a third party trying to track your ip addrsss - location, and possibly link it up to other places online you go to, or other accounts used.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 02-26-2023 at 11:36 PM.