Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Official" State of the Union Address 2023 thread

"Official" State of the Union Address 2023 thread

Go!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Meanwhile, here's my state of the union address:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I'd rather poke splinters under my nails..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'd rather poke splinters under my nails..
    C'mon, man! Look, fat, look, here's the deal. You ain't black.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He needs to secure the Senior vote or he has no chance either in the primaries or even if he wins the primary winning the general.

So strategically I expect we will hear,

- tough China war talk. Nostalgic cold war Boomers and Seniors will eat it up.
    - Social Security and Medicare talk.
    - Inflation
    - Appeal to Millenials on student debt and loans.

If he goes too far left to the lunatic fringe he is finished politically. He will be written off to where people stop listening and will look around for another Democrat.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/JeffKirdeikis/st...85083346472960

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    C'mon, man! Look, fat, look, here's the deal. You ain't black.
    It was like that when I got here, Jack!
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-07-2023 at 07:11 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He needs to secure the Senior vote or he has no chance either in the primaries or even if he wins the primary winning the general.

So strategically I expect we will hear,

- tough China war talk. Nostalgic cold war Boomers and Seniors will eat it up.
    - Social Security and Medicare talk.
    - Inflation
    - Appeal to Millenials on student debt and loans.

If he goes too far left to the lunatic fringe he is finished politically. He will be written off to where people stop listening and will look around for another Democrat.
    I am of a mind that I would have nuked China by now.

Explain why is that wrong?

Not going to waste my time watching that garbage.

Whoopi Goldberg: Biden Needs to Address GOP ‘Freaks’ Trying to ‘Change History’

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023...hange-history/

PAM KEY 7 Feb 2023

Whoopi Goldberg told her co-hosts Tuesday on ABC’s “The View” that during the State of the Union address, President Joe Biden should call out Republicans who she accuses of trying to “change history.”

Goldberg said, “What I need from him desperately is I need for him to say to all those brown kids who adults keep saying your history isn’t important, ‘I’m your president, I’m telling you it is. I’m your president. I’m telling you that I don’t accept the erasure of black and brown people from America’s history because there is not American history without these black and brown people.’ That’s what I want to hear him say tonight because one of the things that he knows is that woman, in particular, and particularly brown women, have worked their butts off to make sure that he became the president.”

Referring to Govs Ron DeSantis (R-FL) and Greg Abbott (R-TX), Goldberg said, “I need to hear him say, ‘This bonehead in Florida and in Texas is out of step with America. He’s out of step with who we are as a nation because there is no nation without us.’ I need to hear him say that as my president. I need to know that he’s aware that there are freaks out there who are trying to change history, and he’s not going to stand for it. That’s what I want from you, Joe.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not going to waste my time watching that garbage.
    That's why you come here, so you don't have to.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...68330155073536

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no interests watching this state of union of lies.

I will give a prediction. Biden will stutter out a platitude. He will get a five minute standing ovation. He will stutter out another meaningless platitude and get another 5 minute standing ovation. He will stutter out a lie and get a five minute standing ovation. This will go on for an excruciatingly looooong time. It's a toss up between listening to him or commiting suicide with a Pfizer jab. I don't know what is worse.

I hope there will be clowns, ripping paper behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am of a mind that I would have nuked China by now.

Explain why is that wrong?
    Millions dead both sides for what? I really do not understand your blood lust, over a $#@!ing balloon that likely would have passed through anyway if they signed onto open skies, which the Russians did for years.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Whoopi Goldberg told her co-hosts...
    Actors acting.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Millions dead both sides for what? I really do not understand your blood lust, over a $#@!ing balloon that likely would have passed through anyway if they signed onto open skies, which the Russians did for years.
    What?

You think it's over a $#@!ing balloon???

The Chinese Communist party, in collusion with traitors, moles and enemies of the people within our own government, deliberately and with malice aforethought, created, refined, increased the performance of and then released, also with malice aforethought, a biological warfare pathogen that has killed over a million American citizens and millions more globally, and is still killing to this day.

The facilities that create these pathogens must be destroyed.

Nations that protect these facilities must be held accountable by extreme force.

I call "GAS PRICES DOWN".

I call BEST ECONOMY EVER!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I call BEST ECONOMY EVER!
    Expect Biden to say that we arent at war with Russia.

LOL - Semi conductors????

We invented the transistor.

By all means, lets celebrate William Shockley

I call SHOUT THEN WHISPER

I call FOLKS FOLKS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I hope there will be clowns, ripping paper behind him.
    It'd be funny if McCarthy pulled a Pelosi and rip Biden's SOTU speech.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I call CLIMATE EMERGENCY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast