Thread: "Controlled Opposition! Gate-Keeper! Shill!"

"Controlled Opposition! Gate-Keeper! Shill!"

This is very good.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's wrong and because it's the internet I am compelled to post why.

He argues that Nationalists, compared to Globalists, have no principled difference and they're simply arguing over the size of the plantation.

Both of these things are false.

A Globalist is by its very nature a statist, because having a universal jurisdiction necessarily means that people aren't able to leave that jurisdiction.

This is not the case with Nationalism. Nationalism is not inherently statist; it is compatible with voluntaryism. More than just compatible, I would posit that nations (of voluntary association) would be the standard rather than the exception in a voluntaryist world.

And while most Nationalists of today are not what one would typically call a sophisticated student of voluntaryism, they at least show some propensity for the concept, by rejecting globalism. Globalism is after all, the polar opposite of anarchism/voluntaryism.

And its important to consider, do most Nationalists subscribe to that particular ideology because they like the concept of organizing themselves into a group of people with shared values (e.g. voluntary association), or do they subscribe to Nationalism for the explicit purpose of requiring people to belong to that jurisdiction (statism)?

I would argue that most Nationalists are such because of the voluntary aspects. Their rejection of Globalism is a rejection of statism itself, even if only on a subconscious level, with their conscious level too far indoctrinated to fully understand what that difference means.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 02-05-2023 at 04:03 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

He argues that Nationalists, compared to Globalists, have no principled difference and they're simply arguing over the size of the plantation.

A Globalist is by its very nature a statist, because having a universal jurisdiction necessarily means that people aren't able to leave that jurisdiction.

This is not the case with Nationalism. Nationalism is not inherently statist; it is compatible with voluntaryism. More than just compatible, I would posit that nations (of voluntary association) would be the standard rather than the exception in a voluntaryist world.

And while most Nationalists of today are not what one would typically call a sophisticated student of voluntaryism, they at least show some propensity for the concept, by rejecting globalism. Globalism is after all, the polar opposite of anarchism/voluntaryism.

And its important to consider, do most Nationalists subscribe to that particular ideology because they like the concept of organizing themselves into a group of people with shared values (e.g. voluntary association), or do they subscribe to Nationalism for the explicit purpose of requiring people to belong to that jurisdiction (statism)?

I would argue that most Nationalists are such because of the voluntary aspects. Their rejection of Globalism is a rejection of statism itself, even if only on a subconscious level, with their conscious level too far indoctrinated to fully understand what that difference means.
    I enjoy Rose in small doses, but he is sometimes the proverbial man with a hammer to whom everything is a nail. Nationalism is definitely better than globalism because nation-scale imperialism is still smaller and more local than global imperialism. Thus, the power of nation-states -- while enormous -- is still much smaller than the power of a truly global government would be. In addition, while the US is an enormous country, it's still far more local and cohesive than an "American Union" would be. And if our Constitution were actually obeyed, the ordinary American would rarely, if ever, interact with the Federal government itself, with almost all governing functions being performed by the States, not the Feds. But alas, we know better than the Constitution and history and God and everything else because... we're modern.

One of the most important lectures ever given by Hans Hoppe:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Nationalism is the best compromise between the ideal and the possible.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment