Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand on whether he would run in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If you think there is no downside to him running, then you clearly don't understand anything about politics.

Without any sort of serious analysis, just off the top of my head I can think of many downsides... being bashed by Trump, losing his clout in the Senate, being hated by the GOP conservative base, embarrassing himself politically and personally, wasting lots of money, having zero chance to win or gain any other real benefit to running, and even seriously damaging his political future.
    Weren't you the one that said that you didn't think Rand was even going to run again for his Senate seat? The ultimate way to not have clout in the Senate is simply not be in the Senate. Bashed by Trump? LOL. Last go round Trump just "bashed" Rand for his hair. There's not really anything else for Trump to attack Rand on. Hated by the GOP conservative base? For what? It's clear that DeSantis is at this point running a stealth campaign against Trump and while Trump has done some (leftwing) DeSantis bashing it hasn't really hurt DeSantis. DeSantis has pretty much become the culture warrior hero of 2023. Seriously, Trump is in more danger of being hated by the conservative base at this point between the Stormy Daniels fiasco (yeah...they don't want to see him prosecuted over it, but most are resigned to the fact that he really did have sex with that woman) and Trump being wrong on COVID (he gets booed by his own crowds whenever he tries to take credit for the jab). As long as Rand doesn't attack DeSantis and he lets Trump and DeSantis slug it out there is little risk.

He doesn't need to run for POTUS to get asked to be VP. Not to mention that it would be doubtful that being VP would even be beneficial for him to pursue. Unless he decides to take up office and run the Senate, being VP is really a joke of a job with no real power or influence.
    That all depends. Dick Cheney basically ran the Bush Whitehouse. Kamala could have an impact as border czar if she wasn't so 1) incompetent and 2) philosophically against the position she was asked to do. And VP is a natural stepping stone for being a presidential front runner.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-13-2023 at 10:28 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Furthermore, Rand Paul should write a book (or co-author one, or have one ghostwritten - or even make it a collection of articles by well known supporters) for his campaign, on liberty and constitutional issues.

The liberty movement needs a shot in the arm. The money generated from that book could be a shot in the arm too.

In addition, whoever is president will be president on the 250th anniversary of the United States. 2025/2026. That could play a part too.
    By the way - This has huge gains by itself. At a time Liberty was just mugged and left laying in the street unconscious.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Weren't you the one that said that you didn't think Rand was even going to run again for his Senate seat?
    Yes because that's what he said in 2009 and 2010.

The ultimate way to not have clout in the Senate is simply not be in the Senate. Bashed by Trump? LOL. Last go round Trump just "bashed" Rand for his hair. There's not really anything else for Trump to attack Rand on. Hated by the GOP conservative base? For what?
    Wouldn't matter. If he goes against Trump that is 'game over' especially in KY. See Liz Cheney.

It's clear that DeSantis is at this point running a stealth campaign against Trump and while Trump has done some (leftwing) DeSantis bashing it hasn't really hurt DeSantis.
    Tracking polls show differently.

Seriously, Trump is in more danger of being hated by the conservative base at this point between the Stormy Daniels fiasco (yeah...they don't want to see him prosecuted over it, but most are resigned to the fact that he really did have sex with that woman) and Trump being wrong on COVID (he gets booed by his own crowds whenever he tries to take credit for the jab).
    Love ya man, but I think you're out of touch on this one.

As long as Rand doesn't attack DeSantis and he lets Trump and DeSantis slug it out there is little risk.
    Trump will attack both and will damage both.

That all depends. Dick Cheney basically ran the Bush Whitehouse.
    Yeah because Bush was a weak President. Neither DeSantis or Trump would be weak Presidents and need Rand's help running the Executive Branch.

And VP is a natural stepping stone for being a presidential front runner.
    Historically, not really. Most Presidents were not VP's first.

Rand could get a cabinet appointment, and I think that could be beneficial, maybe. I could see that happening. But I don't have any insight on that.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs down

Being bashed by Trump is your number one reason? - Trump might say mean things? Trump has already bashed Rand. And Massie. And virtually everyone else. Being bashed by Trump is a plus - most politicians get huge gains. The governors in Georgia and Florida in example.
    Uh no, not the case. It's not the only reason but it's a good reason. The point is you don't want to alienate more than half of the Republican base, which he will do by running against Trump.

But Rand shouldn't attack anyone if he runs.
    Playing defense in any election is almost always a losing strategy.

The rest of your analysis is in cuckoo ville. Many people who run for president end up as vp's And an incredible number of vp's end up with the presidential nomination for their parties. So not even factual.
    You need to study some history, and then you'll realize that very few Presidents were first VP's.

It would be idiotic to just roll over and do nothing when Liberty calls.
    Rand isn't "doing nothing."

It's clear to me that you have zero experience in the political process, especially on the Presidential level.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Furthermore, Rand Paul should write a book (or co-author one, or have one ghostwritten - or even make it a collection of articles by well known supporters) for his campaign, on liberty and constitutional issues.

The liberty movement needs a shot in the arm. The money generated from that book could be a shot in the arm too.
    Rand has already written like 2 or 3 books. He probably didn't make much money on them.

Uh no, not the case. It's not the only reason but it's a good reason. The point is you don't want to alienate more than half of the Republican base, which he will do by running against Trump.

Playing defense in any election is almost always a losing strategy.

You need to study some history, and then you'll realize that very few Presidents were first VP's.

Rand isn't "doing nothing."

It's clear to me that you have zero experience in the political process, especially on the Presidential level.
    I didn't say Rand wasn't doing anything. I said what you are calling for people to do is nothing.

I haven't liked you since 2007 or whenever I first started reading you. I think you are trying to boast on alleged political experiene, but trust me, you have no where near the life experience I have.

[mod edit] You've offered no real explanation for anything. [mod edit]

I'll post more, but not directly to you. You have nothing to offer in the way of leadership, ideas, or advice. And that because my laptop is dying.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-13-2023 at 05:15 PM.

If you think there is no downside to him running, then you clearly don't understand anything about politics.

Without any sort of serious analysis, just off the top of my head I can think of many downsides... being bashed by Trump, losing his clout in the Senate, being hated by the GOP conservative base, embarrassing himself politically and personally, wasting lots of money, having zero chance to win or gain any other real benefit to running, and even seriously damaging his political future.

He doesn't need to run for POTUS to get asked to be VP. Not to mention that it would be doubtful that being VP would even be beneficial for him to pursue. Unless he decides to take up office and run the Senate, being VP is really a joke of a job with no real power or influence.

You apparently lack critical thinking skills.
    And on and on. Just quoting because I'm fully justified in calling a spade a spade, and returning the same.

This isn't trump support forums.

"Trump might attack you if you run against him is not a reason, its being a coward. And kf that is why people are supporting trump, trump is worse than biden. He might attack you

I'm going to repost this because of the troll in room rewording everything to what wasn't said.

We are about this close to losing the ideas of liberty in this country, and at the 250th mark too.

I've never seen it this bad. Trump sucks away at it as well as Biden, both big government types. We, the liberty government, need to get our ideas out there this election, or I see us dying. It can't stand another 4 years of this by either of these candidates.

Wouldn't matter. If he goes against Trump that is 'game over' especially in KY. See Liz Cheney.
    My entire family is from kentucky, for more than 200 years. My first cousin once removed owns one of the bigger magazines here.

Where are you from? New Jersey? what a complete joke.

"Trump might attack you if you run against him is not a reason, its being a coward. And kf that is why people are supporting trump, trump is worse than biden. He might attack you
    You should try reading Sun Tzu sometimes then you might actually realize you have zero clue of what you are talking about.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should try reading Sun Tzu sometimes then you might actually realize you have zero clue of what you are talking about.
    ie Collins says -

I would love for Rand to be president. But, if it were me I think I would not want to go thru the stress of running. To me it looks like the next election cycle is gonna be the biggest $h!+ show ever seen on this planet. I think I would rather Rand be around to help us pick up the pieces after it come apart at the seems. If he were to run I would vote for him. I just don't think he is quite crooked enough to make it in the primaries.

Matt, love you man, but that has to be the dumbest comparison ever. Liz Cheney didn't run against Trump. She voted against Trump in an impeachment hearing and showed a complete lack of integrity in doing so. You claim others aren't thinking clearly, but that's you in this case.

Tracking polls show differently.
    I call bullshyt. Show me a tracking poll showing Desantis losing conservative Florida voters. In fact show me a tracking poll showing Desantis losing conservatives period.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=5729d4da144d

Love ya man, but I think you're out of touch on this one.
    Love you too. But you're provably clueless here.

Trump will attack both and will damage both.
    The last republican Trump slugged it out with is Ted Cruz and he's still doing fine. Political fights are part of the game.

Yeah because Bush was a weak President. Neither DeSantis or Trump would be weak Presidents and need Rand's help running the Executive Branch.
    Like I said. It depends. Kamala Harris could be doing more if she wasn't so incompetent. Trump is getting old. He still has all his faculties about him not but he might not two years into his second term should he win.

Historically, not really. Most Presidents were not VP's first.
    LOL. Facts you seem to not be aware of. Only 3 people have ever successfully gone directly from being a senator to being president versus 9 successfully going from being a VP to being a president. The only better springboard to the presidency is being a governor.

Rand could get a cabinet appointment, and I think that could be beneficial, maybe. I could see that happening. But I don't have any insight on that.
    If he wants to be president some day his best bet it to first by vice president or become a governor.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12