Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand on whether he would run in 2024

Rand on whether he would run in 2024

he said it's not likely but he seemed to indicate there is a possibility

3rd audio clip from the top

https://whopam.com/2023/02/02/185524/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would annoy the hell out of Trump he should do it

popcorn.gif
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hopefully not. His last campaign was a joke.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Would you support him ? I would.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Would you support him ? I would.
    He would absolutely get my vote.

But with both Trump and DeSantis in the race, I'm not sure what the point of his campaign would be. And if it were as bad as the 2016 debacle, I wouldn't get near it with a 10ft pole.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Seems like it would be a waste of time considering he won't make it to the general election. Even if he did it'd be rigged against him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Rand could potentially get the VP spot under Trump, but it wouldn’t be worth it. Rand is far more valuable in the Senate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Switch parties and run on the Democrat ticket. Couldn't be any worse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand could potentially get the VP spot under Trump, but it wouldn’t be worth it. Rand is far more valuable in the Senate.
    As if Rand would have any chance of being Trump's VP pick to begin with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I hope he runs.

He would absolutely get my vote.

But with both Trump and DeSantis in the race, I'm not sure what the point of his campaign would be. And if it were as bad as the 2016 debacle, I wouldn't get near it with a 10ft pole.
    What if it was a Rand/Collins ticket
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What if it was a Rand/Collins ticket
    Abso-the-hell-loutley-NOT!!!

He should wait for 2028. His 2016 campaign strategy was horrific.

Being on the Trump ticket would effectively end Rand's political career win or lose.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Would like to see Rand take Mitch McConnell's job in the Senate.

Of course, POTUS also.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Would like to see Rand take Mitch McConnell's job in the Senate.

Of course, POTUS also.
    A liberty person will never be able to attain legislative leadership.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'll never learn not to say never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

In todays world perhaps but there probably was a liberty minded person able to attain a leadership role of that kind in the distant past.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Seems like it would be a waste of time considering he won't make it to the general election. Even if he did it'd be rigged against him.
    I'm glad Ron didn't have that opinion. I'd probably still be an oblivious sheeple if he did. ymmv

Rand, running in the GOP, along with a strong Libertarian candidate (Amash?), would make waves.
    Last edited by devil21; 03-25-2023 at 01:25 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Yeah but it's noteworthy that he was kicking some ass in 2014 in polls for prospective GOP nominees for President. No such polling now. Too bad for the American People. Sadly, Rand must have decided at some point that he would not (or could not) fire up the base like Ron. I have not ever heard Rand rail against the Fed or the Income tax. I realize that Rand is more of a constitutional historian than economist, but seriously, just sitting down with the family and watching Aaron Russo's "America: Freedom to Fascism" might be a good start...

A) He's probably learned something from that last campaign.

B) He's in the strongest position to challenge Trump on operation warp speed.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2024: Rand/Ventura? or Rand/Tom Woods? Or Rand/Cynthia McKinney?

Each of these would be likely be anti-war, anti-Fed, and anti-Income tax. Even Mckinney pledged solidarity on these issues(plus balanced budget) at Ron's Sept. 2008 National Press Club press conference. Plus she grilled Norad officials and Don Rumsfeld in House hearings. Rand Paul/Cynthia Mckinney could get potentially huge media interest but massive attacks from Establishment media and the Israeli lobby.

Dream ticket: Rand Paul/Catherine Austin Fitts 2024
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-07-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    A) He's probably learned something from that last campaign.
    Maybe... hopefully... but also maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    B) He's in the strongest position to challenge Trump on operation warp speed.
    Jumping in the race against Trump for POTUS would be one of the most politically idiotic things he could do.

He should run. It will open up the debates, be possibly the only liberty message in the GOP debates, and could lead to a VP offer - which while I'd hate to lose him as senator, would probably guarantee him a presidential run later.

Also, the leading GOP candidate now - allegedly according to all the gop cultist sites*1, seems to be running on a campaign of - "Just Two more weeks to flatten the country and world!! elect me!"

Not sure I want that. /s

----

* No exaggeration meant. The leading alternative conservative sites are run by a homosexual (drudge), pedophile who married a young boy from oversees (gatewaypundit), cult (washingtin times, moonies), cult (worldnetdaily, hebrew roots - also founder keeps saying he's a former communist and awarded ShareBlue's founder with an achievement award), cult (epoch times, falun gong). None of these sites are particularly trustworthy without knowing what axe they grind (or what boy they plow) in secret.

I'm not seeing much real conservatism coming out of any of them - it's being winnowsed out by gatekeepers of bad character.

Rand Paul should run just for truth's sake if that was the only reason, because it's needed. I will vote for him if he runs. Heck, if I could become democratic, I'd vote for him hundreds of times!
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-13-2023 at 08:21 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe... hopefully... but also maybe not.

Jumping in the race against Trump for POTUS would be one of the most politically idiotic things he could do.
    So they said against the founders in 1776 when they jumped against one of the strongest empires existing.

The people who said that were english.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    So they said against the founders in 1776 when they jumped against one of the strongest empires existing.

The people who said that were english.
    Not even comparable.

Not even comparable.
    Your right - the odds against the founders were a lot greater.

There's absolutely no reason that Rand Paul shouldn't run - there is no downside, and it can only be good. Your statement "that would be idiotic" lacked convincing reason (Collins replies again - because that would be idiotic!".

Paul's biggest problem would be financing - so that is why I suggested a possible outcome would be a vp slot. Paul has the national recognition. I was thinking Desantis/Paul, not Trump - who is actually widely hated now by true conservatives and who seems to being pushed now by democrats who think he will lose in a general election. (I won't vote for him in example).

The different sides that all indicate they might want Paul as a vp suggests it. Even Paul being strong against the covid shutdowns - and the only strong voice in the GOP being so, with RFKjr running a similar campaign on the democrat side, means the issue will be played a lot. And again suggests VP material - and mostly VP is from funding concerns.

So he should run. All things point to it. Now is the time. And these are only the intellectual concerns.

God willing, Rand Paul would win.

And "If God is for us, who can be against us?".
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-13-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Furthermore, Rand Paul should write a book (or co-author one, or have one ghostwritten - or even make it a collection of articles by well known supporters) for his campaign, on liberty and constitutional issues.

The liberty movement needs a shot in the arm. The money generated from that book could be a shot in the arm too.

In addition, whoever is president will be president on the 250th anniversary of the United States. 2025/2026. That could play a part too.

Your right - the odds against the founders were a lot greater.

There's absolutely no reason that Rand Paul shouldn't run - there is no downside, and it can only be good.
    If you think there is no downside to him running, then you clearly don't understand anything about politics.

Without any sort of serious analysis, just off the top of my head I can think of many downsides... being bashed by Trump, losing his clout in the Senate, being hated by the GOP conservative base, embarrassing himself politically and personally, wasting lots of money, having zero chance to win or gain any other real benefit to running, and even seriously damaging his political future.

Paul's biggest problem would be financing - so that is why I suggested a possible outcome would be a vp slot.
    He doesn't need to run for POTUS to get asked to be VP. Not to mention that it would be doubtful that being VP would even be beneficial for him to pursue. Unless he decides to take up office and run the Senate, being VP is really a joke of a job with no real power or influence.

So he should run. All things point to it. Now is the time. And these are only the intellectual concerns.

God willing, Rand Paul would win.

And "If God is for us, who can be against us?".
    You apparently lack critical thinking skills.

If you think there is no downside to him running, then you clearly don't understand anything about politics.

Without any sort of serious analysis, just off the top of my head I can think of many downsides... being bashed by Trump, losing his clout in the Senate, being hated by the GOP conservative base, embarrassing himself politically and personally, wasting lots of money, having zero chance to win or gain any other real benefit to running, and even seriously damaging his political future.
    Being bashed by Trump is your number one reason? - Trump might say mean things? Trump has already bashed Rand. And Massie. And virtually everyone else. Being bashed by Trump is a plus - most politicians get huge gains. The governors in Georgia and Florida in example.

But Rand shouldn't attack anyone if he runs.

The rest of your analysis is in cuckoo ville. Many people who run for president end up as vp's And an incredible number of vp's end up with the presidential nomination for their parties. So not even factual. I started out saying invective is not a reason, and you followed up your posts with Trump's number one reason to support is he insults instead of using reason or being rational.

If I think following Trump because he will attack you if you don't is not a good reason, I bet I'm not going to pay any attention to you for using a bunch of insults to me as a further reason to support your assertion 'it would be idiotic to be against Trump'.

It would be idiotic to just roll over and do nothing when Liberty calls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast