Thread: Amendments to WHO’s International Health Regulations: An Annotated Guide

Amendments to WHO’s International Health Regulations: An Annotated Guide

Amendments to WHO’s International Health Regulations: An Annotated Guide
    By David Bell - Feb. 1, 2023

The Covid-skeptic world has been claiming the World Health Organization (WHO) plans to become some sort of global autocratic government, removing national sovereignty and replacing it with a totalitarian health state. The near-complete absence of interest by mainstream media would suggest, to the rational observer, that this is yet another ‘conspiracy theory’ from a disaffected fringe.

The imposition of authoritarian rules on a global scale would normally attract attention. The WHO is fairly transparent in its machinations. It should therefore be straightforward to determine whether this is all misplaced hysteria, or an attempt to implement an existential change in sovereign rights and international relations. We would just need to read the document. Firstly, it is useful to put the amendments in context.
    Major amendments proposed for the IHR

The amendments to the IHR are intended to fundamentally change the relationship between individuals, their country’s governments, and the WHO. They place the WHO as having rights overriding that of individuals, erasing the basic principles developed after World War Two regarding human rights and the sovereignty of States. In doing so, they signal a return to a colonialist and feudalist approach fundamentally different to that to which people in relatively democratic countries have become accustomed. The lack of major pushback by politicians and the lack of concern in the media and consequent ignorance of the general public is therefore both strange and alarming.
    The WHO proposes that the term ‘with full respect for the dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of persons’ be deleted from the text, replacing them with ‘equity, coherence, inclusivity,’ vague terms the applications of which are then specifically differentiated in the text according to levels of social and economic development. The underlying equality of individuals is removed, and rights become subject to a status determined by others based on a set of criteria that they define. This entirely upends the prior understanding of the relationship of all individuals with authority, at least in non-totalitarian states.

It is a totalitarian approach to society, within which individuals may act only on the sufferance of others who wield power outside of legal sanction; specifically a feudal relationship, or one of monarch-subject without an intervening constitution. It is difficult to imagine a greater issue facing society, yet the media that is calling for reparations for past slavery is silent on a proposed international agreement consistent with its reimposition.

Giving WHO authority over member States.

This authority is seen as being above states (i.e. elected or other national governments), with the specific definition of ‘recommendations’ being changed from ‘non-binding’ (by deletion) to ‘binding’ by a specific statement that States will undertake to follow (rather than ‘consider’) recommendations of the WHO. States will accept the WHO as the ‘authority’ in international public health emergencies, elevating it above their own ministries of health. Much hinges on what a Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) is, and who defines it. As explained below, these amendments will widen the PHEIC definition to include any health event that a particular individual in Geneva (the Director General of the WHO) personally deems to be of actual or potential concern.

Powers to be ceded by national governments to the DG include quite specific examples that may require changes within national legal systems. These include detention of individuals, restriction of travel, the forcing of health interventions (testing, inoculation) and requirement to undergo medical examinations.

Unsurprising to observers of the COVID-19 response, these proposed restrictions on individual rights under the DG’s discretion include freedom of speech. The WHO will have power to designate opinions or information as ‘mis-information or disinformation, and require country governments to intervene and stop such expression and dissemination. This will likely run up against some national constitutions (e.g. the US) but will be a boon to many dictators and one-party regimes. It is, of course, incompatible with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but these seem no longer to be guiding principles for the WHO.

After self-declaring an emergency, the DG will have power to instruct governments to provide WHO and other countries with resources – funds and commodities. This will include direct intervention in manufacturing, increasing production of certain commodities manufactured within their borders.

Countries will cede power to the WHO over patent law and intellectual property (IP), including control of manufacturing know-how, of commodities deemed by the DG to be relevant to the potential or actual health problem that he /she has deemed of interest. This IP and manufacturing know-how may be then passed to commercial rivals at the DG’s discretion. These provisions seem to reflect a degree of stupidity, and unlike the basic removal of fundamental human rights, vested interests here may well insist on their removal from the IHR draft. Rights of people should of course be paramount, but with most media absent from the fray, it is difficult to see a level of advocacy being equal.
    More: https://brownstone.org/articles/amen...notated-guide/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Covid-skeptic world has been claiming the World Health Organization (WHO) plans to become some sort of global autocratic government, removing national sovereignty and replacing it with a totalitarian health state. The near-complete absence of interest by mainstream media would suggest, to the rational observer, that this is yet another ‘conspiracy theory’ from a disaffected fringe.

From this alone, I was wondering what this guy is about - another strong indicator of the importance of reading further because not all writing styles indicate the real point until a mite further down the road. Just a reminder to us all.

The amendments to the IHR are intended to fundamentally change the relationship between individuals, their country’s governments, and the WHO. They place the WHO as having rights overriding that of individuals, erasing the basic principles developed after World War Two regarding human rights and the sovereignty of States. In doing so, they signal a return to a colonialist and feudalist approach fundamentally different to that to which people in relatively democratic countries have become accustomed. The lack of major pushback by politicians and the lack of concern in the media and consequent ignorance of the general public is therefore both strange and alarming.
    For God's sake I wish people would stop using the d-word. The proper term here would be "free".

The WHO proposes that the term ‘with full respect for the dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of persons’ be deleted from the text, replacing them with ‘equity, coherence, inclusivity,’ vague terms the applications of which are then specifically differentiated in the text according to levels of social and economic development. The underlying equality of individuals is removed, and rights become subject to a status determined by others based on a set of criteria that they define. This entirely upends the prior understanding of the relationship of all individuals with authority, at least in non-totalitarian states.
    This is truly alarming. The good here, and it is marginal, is his recognition and mention of relationship. I've been pushing this notion for years to an apparently blind and deaf world. Then again, I am a nobody so why would anyone listen?

https://freedomisobvious.blogspot.co...relations.html

It is a totalitarian approach to society, within which individuals may act only on the sufferance of others who wield power outside of legal sanction; specifically a feudal relationship, or one of monarch-subject without an intervening constitution. It is difficult to imagine a greater issue facing society, yet the media that is calling for reparations for past slavery is silent on a proposed international agreement consistent with its reimposition.
    I would argue the proper use would have been LAWFUL. Legality is naught but whim and caprice of those with no authority, yet who claim such and have men with guns to do their bidding.

That aside, his point is precisely what has been mine... so he must be right, right?

What must be made clear, and I have been trying to do this now for many years, is that there is a classical battle for the soul of the world that has been raging for decades, however quietly for most of that time. In the past decade or so, the volume and intensity has risen with what feels like an asymptotic lift, and is now in full warring swing. One of the astonishing things here is that so few people see it.

What is most important to see here is this: the situation, which is to say the conflict, is intractable. Given current circumstances, for which there is vanishingly little hope that things will change for the better, there shall be neither political nor cultural solutions. The choice is staring the world in the face: fight or lay down. We will not be able to pray our ways out, or reason, or plead, or cajole, or threaten, cry, wheeze, spit, wet ourselves, or anything else to get out of the coming storm. We will either fight, risking our fortunes up to an including our lives and those of the people we love, or we will lay down for the state-issued coffin, available in any color you like, so long as it is black polyethylene.

INTRACTABLE. Burn that word into your consciousness. If you don't know what it means, get a dictionary. Read it, understand it, embrace it because that is the reality which has been served us regardless whether we like it, or want it. Bigger hands than yours are at work here, and they are determined to get their way, which is no way that anyone with a sense of survival wants. Theye aim to destroy you; render you; reduce you to nothingness, and if you doubt, then you are a fool.

Time is here. Time to decide what you really want in the face of a tyrant who will show no mercy. Time to $#@! or get off the pot, failure to do so meaning you go down the pot with your own turds, you having been relegated to the status of turd in Theire eyes. You are a useless eater to Themme and they want you saddled, bridled, and well broken. And guess what: you're already 98% there, and when it is completed, there will be no turning back and there will be nobody to hear your pleas, except for Themme, and if you dare show your broken heart, they will not be kind.

The situation is intractable insofar as there will be no getting away from what is coming without a real fight, so get to choosing what it is you really want, and that choice comes down to life or mere existence... that is, if Theye even allow you to continue.

The world remains asleep, regardless of all the claims by whatever sources purporting to be the clarions of creeping tyranny. And in its sleep shall it die.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    From this alone, I was wondering what this guy is about - another strong indicator of the importance of reading further because not all writing styles indicate the real point until a mite further down the road. Just a reminder to us all.
    Yeah, no doubt there are other outlets who have provided a much shorter and hyperbolic version of the story, such as:

This OP article is a long, detailed, well researched and referenced version of the story, and possibly a rebuttal to Snopes putting out their usual, standard, Ministry of Truth style denial of anything unusual at the W.H.O.:

Are Secret Negotiations Underway To Increase the Power of the World Health Organization?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1621007797151322112

Just be thankful they follow the science and recommend what is best for you.

World Health Organization Extends COVID-19 International Health Emergency. WHY?
    BY CATHERINE SALGADO

The World Health Organization (WHO) just renewed its public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC) status for COVID-19 on Jan. 30. For those of us living in the real world, the obvious question is: WHY?

It’s particularly dangerous that the WHO would do this, because many countries around the world, the United States included, are bound by treaty to follow WHO guidelines on diseases. There are even amendments to the WHO treaty in the works right now that would essentially give the body increased authority to decide when an emergency is happening and what measures have to be imposed. That’s right: an extra-governmental body thousands of miles away over which you have no accountability power could decide without checks whether you are under lockdown or not. It would be the COVID lockdown situation on steroids.
    More: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...y-why-n1666859

https://twitter.com/DrLoupis/status/1628453590439190534