Thread: DeSantis accused of torture at Guantanamo Bay

Post DeSantis accused of torture at Guantanamo Bay

Who knows if there is any validity to this...

https://www.floridabulldog.org/2023/...-was-navy-jag/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some evidence and/or proof would be nice.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

I will just assume that it is true.

Anyone who loves our BFF in the middle-east as much as he does can't NOT support torture.

Plus, as a JAGoff, I'm sure it was legal torture.

Yeah I don't think that is going anywhere.

Who needs any proof of anything in 2023? Repeat accusations enough and they are guilty.

Way to TROLL Collins.. jeez

Any actual proof they have?

No evidence but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's true.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://lauraloomer.substack.com/p/i...n-bolton-loves

Given Donald Trump’s history or being anti- war as a private citizen, as President of the United States, and as Commander in Chief of the most equipped and powerful army in the entire world, it’s no surprise as to why John Bolton has lashed out at his former boss about not being a big enough warmonger for the GOP establishment’s liking.

Donald Trump was always against the Iraq War, while Ron DeSantis supported the war and got a position under the Bush administration as a result of the Iraq War, which he used to launch his political career after leaving the Navy. Many people are unaware of Ron DeSantis’s military background, and he often avoids talking about what he did while he was in the Navy, because the details of his work in the Navy are politically unpalatable to American voters on both sides of the political aisle, and anyone and everyone who falls in between the supposed “two party system”.

Prior to running for US Congress, and becoming Governor of Florida, DeSantis served as a Lt. Commander and JAG lawyer in the US Navy during the George W. Bush administration, where he was tasked with the “job” of overseeing the torture of prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba, and Fallujah during the Iraq War.

Mansoor Adayfi, formerly referred to as detainee #441 at Guantanamo Bay, publicly came forward following his release to say that Ron DeSantis allowed for, observed and participated in illegal acts of human torture between March 2006-January 2007. In one particular graphic instance, Adayfi described how DeSantis watched “with amusement” during an inmate hunger strike as he and other detainees were force fed the meal replacement shake “Ensure” through a nasal feeding tube that was forcefully pushed down their throats. Adayfi also claimed that when he told DeSantis face to face this is no way to treat a fellow human being, Adayfi, who was suffering abdominal discomfort from being force fed, threw up the Ensure shake on Ron DeSantis’s face. When reporters reached out to DeSantis for comment about this incident, DeSantis reportedly “refused to comment”.

Given Ron DeSantis’s history of trying to push things down peoples’ throat without consent, it’s no surprise the GOP MAGA base is being force fed “DeSantis 2024” talking points by NeoCon warmongers, and washed-up social media influencers looking to make a quick buck by selling any bit of integrity they may have had left. But, let me be clear: Bolton’s attacks aren’t surprising, and they are certainly not new.
    This is the 2nd I've seen about this.

Here's something. Seems DeSantis funded databases full of schoolkids' personal information to a 3rd party contract, if I've got it right.

https://www.fldoe.org/newsroom/lates...ty-portal.stml

Here's a letter from parents warning him before he put it into law:

https://studentprivacycompass.org/wp...ories.docx.pdf

From here:

https://studentprivacycompass.org/letterdesantis/

deSantos is a f'n deep state neocon at the core.

He's like the devil, who will tell you a thousand truths to convince you to fall for one big lie.

Ron DeSantis was US military legal officer at Guantanamo, circa 2006, where his job was to ensure that the prisoners were treated "humanely", including "compliance with the Geneva convention". Ron DeSantis knew about the torture, but obviously didn't do anything to help the tortured prisoners. Instead he smiled when he witnessed the prisoners being tortured.
    It features the tortured prisoner Mansoor Adayfi and his experience with DeSantis.

Then Ron DeSantis was sent to Iraq, likely to cover-up war crimes.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

It's in his On the Record (DeSantis and Torture by Peter Van Buren, Ron Paul Institute June 5, 2023)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

It's in his On the Record (DeSantis and Torture by Peter Van Buren, Ron Paul Institute June 5, 2023)
    PAF would know I guess...

In 2018, DeSantis sort of admitted his role. He didn’t say that he watched (and laughed) when the so-called “terrorists” were force-fed, but that he actually advised the military command on how to do this in a “legal” way, as these “terrorists” were really terrible, fighting Jihad against those poor, poor military torturers, by going on a hunger stike, “using things like detainee abuse offensively against us. It was a tactic, technique and procedure” and that “guards would have feces thrown at them and other stuff” (never mind that most of them were innocent, or they would have been charged).

DeSantis said:
    Hey, you actually can force-feed. Here’s what you can do. Here’s kind of the rules for that.
    DeSantis even complained about the costly “humane treatment” these “jihadi terrorists got”:
    They get round-the-clock medical care, they get the Qurans when they want it. So they’re treated far better than they would be treated almost anywhere else. And that’s costly.
    After he was elected to Congress in 2012, DeSantis became a leading proponent of keeping Guantánamo open despite the annual cost of $2.7 million per prisoner, and because of (?) the torture of these innocent jihadis that obviously deserved what they got.

In a strange twist, DeSantis’ favourite (?) movie was A Few Good Men (1992), in which the baseball-playing Navy lawyer (played by Tom Cruise) defended Marines accused of murder at Gitmo: https://archive.is/07Ad6

As far as I can tell, no politician or American journalist has confronted Ron DeSantis about his controversial role at the Guantanamo bay torture facility. When he went to Israel on the campaign trail, an Israeli journalist actually asked DeSantis’ role in the torture program at Guantanamo bay.

More recently DeSantis didn't directly deny, but denied that the tortured Muslim would remember him (but he of course himself sort of boasted about his role in 2018!):
    That's all BS … Do you honestly think that they would have remembered me from Adam? Of course not … They're just trying to get into the news because they know people like you will consume it, because it fits your preordained narrative that you're trying to spin.
    https://twitter.com/grantstern/statu...64268763230224
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty