Thread: New polls - Trump increasing his double digit primary lead and beating Biden as well

New polls - Trump increasing his double digit primary lead and beating Biden as well

Donald Trump Maintains Double-Digit Lead in 2024 Primary

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-2024-primary/

HANNAH BLEAU 25 Jan 2023

Former President Donald Trump is continuing to maintain a sizable lead in a hypothetical 2024 Republican primary race, the latest survey from Morning Consult found.

The data showed Trump garnering support from nearly half of those surveyed — 49 percent. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) falls 19 points behind with 30 percent support.

No other potential challenger came close or saw double-digit support, as former Vice President Mike Pence fell to a distant third with seven percent support. Former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley fell to fourth place with three percent support, and former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), as well as Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), saw two percent support each.

Morning Consult noted that Trump’s 19-point lead in the hypothetical primary is up from an 11-point gap — the biggest low — measured earlier this month. At the time, Trump saw 45 percent support to DeSantis’s 34 percent.

Still, DeSantis remains the top backup choice for Trump voters, as 42 percent chose him. Similarly, Trump appears as the top second choice for DeSantis supporters as well with 39 percent choosing him.

The survey also matched up Trump and DeSantis against President Biden and found Trump leading the president by three percent, 44 percent to 41 percent. Ten percent said “someone else,” and six percent remain undecided.

Biden, however, leads DeSantis by two percent — 43 percent to 41 percent. In that instance, eight percent said “someone else,” and another eight percent remain undecided. In both matchups, the undecideds could swing the race in either direction.

Both Trump and DeSantis are also enjoying top favorable ratings among Republican voters as well — 78 percent and 72 percent, respectively.

All the while, 44 percent of GOP primary voters said they seen, read, or heard something “positive” about DeSantis in the last week, while just 13 percent said they have heard something negative. Three in ten, meanwhile, said they have seen, read, or heard something negative about Trump, while 36 percent report hearing, seeing, or reading something positive.

The survey was taken January 20-22, 2023, among 3,592 potential GOP primary voters.

It coincides with the latest Emerson College survey which told a similar story, showing Trump leading DeSantis by double digits yet again — 55 percent to the Florida governor’s 29 percent. Further, that same survey found Trump leading Biden in a presidential matchup, 44 percent to the 80-year-old’s 41 percent.

“Since the November national poll, Trump’s support has increased by three percentage points, from 41% to 44% and Biden’s support has decreased by four percentage points, from 45% to 41%,” the survey found.

The latest Harvard-Harris 2024 poll also showed Trump leading Biden in a head-to-head matchup, 46 percent to 41 percent.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not if mail-in ballots and Dominon voting machines have anything to say about it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Trump, DeSantis, Pence, Cheney, Haley and Cruz. Seriously? Who thinks those are the cream of the GOP crop?

Gee, what four people can we pick to make Trump and DeSantis look good? Hm. Let's start with the RINO so bad she just got primaried. Toss in Ted "January 6 was a Violent Terrorist Attack" Cruz, the other veep that got caught with classified documents, and the Ambassador to the UN, and we can make a ham sandwich look kosher!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-25-2023 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Maybe Trump could win from HIS basement this time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe Trump could win from HIS basement this time.
    If it weren't for the cheating, ya
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The real question is, how is Bolton polling? I think a Bolton/Liz Cheney ticket would be the ultimate neocon duo.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Trump/Bolton should run

Get the team back together

Can’t wait for Operation Warp Speed, the Sequel. THAT should be fun.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    I think DeSantis is leading nationally

https://twitter.com/StatesPoll/statu...97503083110404
    That's in a head to head matchup between Trump and DeSantis. Include some other neocons in the poll, and DeSantis' share drops precipitously. Trump maintains his entire share. Think about that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

ok so no matter what, Iran is bombed... FOR ERETZ IZRAHELL.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

The rest of their list of Approved Candidates, for those who prefer not to give Breitbart clicks (or in case they didn't list them all): Kristi Noem, Tim Scott, Glen Youngkin, and, of all people, Pompeo.

Neocons R Us.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I think Trump will continue to leak support. He is still praising the corona shots as having saved hundredes of millions of lives. Trump will be another 80 yr old running for president. His time has passed. Not to mention he has now tied himself to Lindsey Graham and he supports Ronna McDaniel.

https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/stat...67170954895362

https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/stat...67170954895362
    Last edited by helenpaul; 01-26-2023 at 02:07 PM.

Trump is a HERO to Big Pharma millionaires/billionaires

They must praise him 24/7 @ Richie Rich Country Club in Bedminster NJ

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The rest of their list of Approved Candidates, for those who prefer not to give Breitbart clicks (or in case they didn't list them all): Kristi Noem, Tim Scott, Glen Youngkin, and, of all people, Pompeo.

Neocons R Us.
    I am posting without comment.

Take these polls for whatever they are worth to you.

Rand or Massie are my preferred candidates in 2024.

But just like everybody was predicting a red wave, my look at the polling didn't indicate that.

For instance, in NH, everybody was seemingly onboard with Bolduc and Leavitt for Senate and House 1.

Signs, rallies, at every turn they looked like winners.

But the polling never reflected that, there were only a tiny handful of polls that showed either leading, and that was never by more than a point or two.

Trump still has tremendous appeal and draw, for better or worse, and this consistent double digit lead in the primary polling reflects that.

Even O-bomb-ya can't draw crowds like the Great Cheeto can.

ETA - And yes I realize I contradicted myself from the very first line, so please don't point that out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The sole purpose of these polls is to publicize Approved Candidates and not mention Unmentionables. Any name Morning Consult is even willing to mention this far ahead of the first primary is a tool.

That's the only reason I even look at a poll this early, to see who's in their tool box. Well, I admit it's fun to see which chumps they include just to make sure their Chosen Frontrunners dominate. You may take what you will from them.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-26-2023 at 03:54 PM.

I imagine these poll numbers will change drastically once the Democrats successfully pin the medical fallout from the vaccines on Trump while proving Biden and the rest of the Democratic party were duped into believing the vaccines were safe and effective the whole time.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-27-2023 at 10:49 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Trump, DeSantis, Pence, Cheney, Haley and Cruz. Seriously? Who thinks those are the cream of the GOP crop?

Gee, what four people can we pick to make Trump and DeSantis look good? Hm. Let's start with the RINO so bad she just got primaried. Toss in Ted "January 6 was a Violent Terrorist Attack" Cruz, the other veep that got caught with classified documents, and the Ambassador to the UN, and we can make a ham sandwich look kosher!
    I find the haley . cheney at a combined 6 percent a little disturbing. A liberty candidate probably wouldnt poll that high. Any of the others would be as good or better than any dem candidate in 60 yrs. Of course that doesnt mean theyd be committed enough to spending cuts or budget balancing to save a nation going under. Of those four the least popular here would probably be best fiscally and Trump quite possibly the worst
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-06-2023 at 09:55 AM.
    Do something Danke

It's the cream of corporate crop. Easily controlled easily in the camp of the Corporate Club.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

It's not the MAGA folks who need that reminder. I went to a few rallies and the disdain in the air for the GOP was palpable.

If Trump ever runs as an independent I'm gonna have to borrow Occam's joker-eating-popcorn .gif
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It's not the MAGA folks who need that reminder. I went to a few rallies and the disdain in the air for the GOP was palpable.

If Trump ever runs as an independent I'm gonna have to borrow Occam's joker-eating-popcorn .gif
    Here ya go ((I got a feelin' they're gonna get a workout, no matter what happens):

The crack-up of the Republican party has been a long time coming.

Maybe an independent Trump run would be the final and fatal wedge.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea the problem is it won't be Trump against Biden it will be Trump against Obama.