Thread: Classified documents found at Pence’s home, too

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Classified documents found at Pence’s home, too

Mods ... Please Set Up A "Classified Documents" Forum

Classified documents at Pence’s home, too, his lawyer says
    Documents with classified markings were discovered in former Vice President Mike Pence’s Indiana residence last week, his lawyer says, the latest in a string of recoveries of confidential information from the homes of current and former top U.S. officials.

The records, which were taken into FBI custody, “appear to be a small number of documents bearing classified markings that were inadvertently boxed and transported to the personal home of the former vice president at the end of the last administration,” Pence’s lawyer, Greg Jacob, wrote in a letter to the National Archives shared with The Associated Press.

He said that Pence had been “unaware of the existence of sensitive or classified documents at his personal residence” until a search last week and “understands the high importance of protecting sensitive and classified information and stands ready and willing to cooperate fully with the National Archives and any appropriate inquiry.”
    As someone who's held a security clearance, I'm just shaking my head at the laisse faire attitude of those in charge. Some animals are more equal than others. I can tell you that I would have been crucified if it had been me.

=====
    Oh, and just tongue in cheek about the new forum
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 03:11 AM. Reason: title change

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No need for me . I'm not sharing or self reporting .
    Do something Danke

Maybe the US government has no Constitutional authority to be dabbling in activities so dangerous that the slightest leak of information regarding those activities could lead to the deaths of lots of innocents. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see anywhere in the Constitution where Congress or any other branch is given this authority.

Cut it out with the thug $#@!. Then you don't have to worry about classified documents leaking...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Maybe the US government has no Constitutional authority to be dabbling in activities so dangerous that the slightest leak of information regarding those activities could lead to the deaths of lots of innocents. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see anywhere in the Constitution where Congress or any other branch is given this authority.

Cut it out with the thug $#@!. Then you don't have to worry about classified documents leaking...

Exactly!
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

It seems pretty much anyone has classified documents these days. I haven't yet seen them on eBay but I'm sure it won't be long.

But in any case, these days nearly everything that's remotely uninteresting is classified strictly. So who really cares.

Most classified information becomes rather uninteresting after a very short while anyways.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Mods ... Please Set Up A "Classified Documents" Forum

[...]

Oh, and just tongue in cheek about the new forum
    "It never rains but it pours."

THREAD: Classified documents found at Biden's offices, home, etc.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

*Waits patiently for headline that talks about classified documents found at Obama's home*
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst