Thread: "I hope the police o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶r̶ robot is OK ..."

Angry "I hope the police o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶r̶ robot is OK ..."

The relevant timestamp in the second video clip should be 4:50, not 5:00.

(Also, the guy who got shot seems to have survived, according to the article below.)

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...54563416121349

Here's the official account of events as reported by the MSM:

SWAT team members shoot man who confronted officers in Murphy, NC, sheriff says
    https://wlos.com/news/local/swat-tea...arley-kloepfer
    WTVC (13 December 2022)

CHEROKEE COUNTY, N.C. — A man from Murphy, North Carolina is now recovering in a Chattanooga hospital after SWAT team members were forced to shoot him after he confronted officers, according to the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.

A post on Facebook from the sheriff's office says [see this post - OB] the incident happened late Monday night at a home near the 1800 block of Upper Bear Paw Road.

Dispatchers got a call reporting several shots fired at the address.

Deputies on the scene were unable to make contact with the man inside the home.

Fearing there may be a hostage situation underway, deputies got a search warrant and called in the Cherokee Indian Police Department SWAT Team for help.

The man, later identified as 41-year-old Jason Harley Kloepfer, 'engaged in a verbal altercation with officers and emerged from a camper trailer and confronted officers,' the post says.

That's when members of the Cherokee Indian Police SWAT team shot and wounded him.

He was taken to Erlanger hospital in Chattanooga, and at last word he was in stable condition.

The post says Kloepfer is charged with communicating threats and resist, obstruct, and delay, and that more charges may follow.

If anyone has any information about this incident, contact the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office Investigation’ s Division at 828 837-2589.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-22-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems the video conflicts with the report.

When some asses masquerading as cops, start making noise outside your house, it seems best not to let them even see you.

First mistake he made was to turn on the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Seems the video conflicts with the report.
    There do seem to be a few discrepancies, don't there? Imagine that ...

Nothing to see here, move along. Just a few itchy trigger fingers. Policy and procedures were followed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He should have taken my Advanced Compliance course.

I teach my students that when presenting yourself through a doorway to Officers, you should:
    1) Take off your shirt
    2) Drop anything in your hands (his near fatal mistake)
    3) Announce to the Officers that you're coming outside
    4) Present first your hands, then slowly your body

Normally, it's best to avoid presenting yourself through a doorway at all. It's usually best to lay in a prone position with hands over your head and wait for the Officers to come to you. But in cramped spaces such as a camper there are too many items in your vicinity that could be perceived as a weapon.

He made the right choice to present himself through the doorway, but he could have done it in a manner that was much less threatening to the Officers.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Here's the official account of events as reported by the MSM:

SWAT team members shoot man who confronted officers in Murphy, NC, sheriff says
    https://wlos.com/news/local/swat-tea...arley-kloepfer
    WTVC (13 December 2022)

[...]
    LOL

Apparently, that article has been removed. The link to it is no longer functional.

I guess they started catching some flak for their journalism stenography (after @LPMisesCaucus posted a link to it).

Like so:

Press Covers for North Carolina Sheriff’s ‘Firing Squad’ ~ VIDEO
    https://www.ammoland.com/2023/01/pre...s-firing-squad
    David Codrea (19 January 2023)

In late December, members of the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office and Indian Police Department SWAT team claim in a press release posted on Facebook [see this post - OB] that an “armed suspect present and the potential for a hostage situation” combined with unsuccessful attempts "to make contact with the alleged shooter" resulted in the “suspected shooter” being shot after he “engaged in a verbal altercation with officers and emerged from a camper trailer and confronted officers.”

“Jason Harley Kloepfer, age 41, of 1790 Upper Bear Paw Road, Murphy, NC has been charged with Communicating Threats and Resist, Obstruct, and Delay,” the release continues. “The matter remains under investigation and more charges may follow.”

“Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office limited who can comment on this post,” a Facebook notice adds.

An unquestioning media dutifully parrots the department’s story.

“SWAT team members shoot man who confronted officers in Murphy, NC, sheriff says. A man from Murphy, North Carolina is now recovering in a Chattanooga hospital after SWAT team members were forced to shoot him after he confronted officers, according to the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office,” ABC 13 News “reported” [dead link ; see this post for the full article - OB].

“The sheriff’s office says Kloepfer eventually came outside and confronted officers, forcing them to shoot the suspect,” Local 3 News mirrors.

‘Fetch Your News’ skipped with the rewrite and just posted the sheriff’s press release.

“If anyone has any information about this incident please contact the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office Investigation’s Division at 828 837-2589,” the Sheriff’s Office Facebook post ends.

Here’s some information:

Firing Squad at 5 AM
    In the early morning hours of December 13th, 2022, officers from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department obtained a search warrant for a residence in Bear Paw after a disturbance call made to 911 dispatch hours earlier. In addition to obtaining the search warrant, officers from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department also requested assistance from the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians' SWAT team and a siege of the residence at 1790 Upper Bear Paw Road was conducted. Just before 5 AM that morning, SWAT officers tossed a robot equipped with cameras into the residence and awoke the sleeping couple.
    https://rumble.com/v266e3y-firing-squad-at-5-am.html

A video from a camera inside Kloepfer’s trailer recorded the entire incident.

Starting with him and his female companion being roused from slumber by a remote control camera robot placed inside by police trying to scope out what was happening inside. He doesn’t grab a gun, he lights a cigarette. He turns on the inside lights before opening the door to see who is outside in the dark, making himself a target for whoever is out there, hardly the actions of an armed suspect preparing for a confrontation. Holding the police robot that he picked up from his floor, and with hands raised, he calls out to find out who is there and is immediately cut down in a hail of bullets.

Watch it for yourself. Do you see attempts to communicate being rebuffed by anyone but the police? Do you see a hostage? Do you see a gun held by anyone but the police? Do you see a confrontation? Do you see Kloepfer “forcing” anyone to shoot him like the “news” is telling people?

Or do you see a firing squad with qualified immunity getting away with what you or I would be charged with attempted murder for? I’ll stipulate that I know nothing about Kloepfer and the charges leading up to the warrant. For all I know, he could be a very bad hombre, a citizen victim, or something in between. That’s not the point.

If they can do this to him, they can do it to you, maybe over a pistol brace or a false “red flag” report. And how do you think it would be “reported”?

Is this the way we want the police to act? Does this make you less likely to “back the blue” and more likely to consider law enforcement the violence arm of those who would rule?

Who will you believe, the sheriff and a watchdog media that functions as lapdogs or your lying eyes?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-22-2023 at 04:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office press release from Facebook, just in case it gets memory-holed, too:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00064453819587

Remember when they had the decency to offer a cigarette and a blindfold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Remember when they had the decency to offer a cigarette and a blindfold?
    It's a good thing they have terrible aim
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Press Covers for North Carolina Sheriff’s ‘Firing Squad’ ~ VIDEO
    the potential for a hostage situation...
    Of course. So many potential situations. He potentially could have had a trigger device for a nuclear bomb in his hand. What are they going to do, just wait for him to push the button?

There could have potentially been 45 MAGA insurgents in the trailer, who were going to stream out the door with automatic weapons. Are they gonna let that happen?

Worst of all, he potentially could have pooped in his hand and flung it at them like a disgruntled monkey in a cage. That’s a serious, potentially deadly biohazard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Protected AND served.

Don’t we all feel safer now?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I can’t say here what the right outcome would be. I hope he gets rich off the tax slaves at least.

It felt that its life was in danger...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.