Thread: Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

Marxist wreckers.

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...c-predictions/

SUMMARY

Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.

None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.

What follows is a collection of notably wild predictions from notable people in government and science.

More than merely spotlighting the failed predictions, this collection shows that the makers of failed apocalyptic predictions often are individuals holding respected positions in government and science.

While such predictions have been and continue to be enthusiastically reported by a media eager for sensational headlines, the failures are typically not revisited.

Many, many, many more at link
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It fits the Malthusian-type vision. I must admit that as a younger man, I was taken in by it too. I started looking at population growth trends and food production and thought we were rapidly approaching a dire scenario. I actually started to believe that the longer the world maintained a relative "peace", the faster the famine would come. Looking back, I can't believe I was so naďve as to not look at the bigger picture and humanity's capacity to adapt through mastery. I came out of it by the time I was 21, but there was a period there where I thought this was a big concern.

If you've ever read Malthus, it's a compelling vision. Very much like Marxism, I suppose. Luckily, I had a friend who challenged my beliefs and got me reading beyond a single vision.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This was a big one back in the 1960s to early 70s. “No way to avoid the coming new ice age…” blah blah blah. I’m still not a humansicle.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You'd think after 50 years Democratic voters would finally be able to see through the charlatan the whole thing is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    If "climate change" alarmists had a model that produced consistently correct predictions, they wouldn't need to go on about "consensus" or "meta-analysis" [...]. They could just point to their consistently correct predictive model and say, "Deny this, bitchez!" But they can't [do that] because they don't have [any such model] - all they [can] do is concoct excuses for why their models have [repeatedly failed to make] correct predictions while demanding that everyone consider the matter to be "settled" because they have a "consensus" (and the dodgy "meta-analyses" to "prove" it).
    https://twitter.com/Surfinbones/stat...41471638003718
    //
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It fits the Malthusian-type vision. I must admit that as a younger man, I was taken in by it too. I started looking at population growth trends and food production and thought we were rapidly approaching a dire scenario. I actually started to believe that the longer the world maintained a relative "peace", the faster the famine would come. Looking back, I can't believe I was so naďve as to not look at the bigger picture and humanity's capacity to adapt through mastery. I came out of it by the time I was 21, but there was a period there where I thought this was a big concern.

If you've ever read Malthus, it's a compelling vision. Very much like Marxism, I suppose. Luckily, I had a friend who challenged my beliefs and got me reading beyond a single vision.
    The Malthusians are more dangerous than Marxists.

At least the Marxists pay lip service about making life better for somebody.

These Eco-Demons just want everybody dead.

I wonder if they have thought this through: that a rapid culling of 7 to 8 billion people might be what ultimately destroys the planet, as a billion engines of industry of all types, from bio labs to nuke sites, suddenly go unmanned and untended.

Just thought I’d toss this out here. Definitely a good read and worth the time.

https://www.amazon.com/State-Fear-Mi.../dp/0061782661
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Julian Simon is the antidote to Thomas Malthus.

All the California drought hype ended with flooding and I had to use the heat 6 days so far this winter in Florida which is already above normal cold days. I believe it was the coldest Christmas in decades.

I wonder if they have thought this through: that a rapid culling of 7 to 8 billion people might be what ultimately destroys the planet, as a billion engines of industry of all types, from bio labs to nuke sites, suddenly go unmanned and untended.

Personally, I think Malthusians should do their part to control population growth and go $#@! themselves.
    Chris

No, no... You see they want to ensure a future where people can still live!! It's just currently alive people that they want dead. Because, you know, if they weren't here, they won't mess it up for everyone else. And of course, if currently alive people are weaned, they won't have a next generation to kill.

(Look, I didn't say it was a coherent thought process. But as an ignorant young man, it did make sense to me.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No, no... You see they want to ensure a future where people can still live!! It's just currently alive people that they want dead. Because, you know, if they weren't here, they won't mess it up for everyone else. And of course, if currently alive people are weaned, they won't have a next generation to kill.

(Look, I didn't say it was a coherent thought process. But as an ignorant young man, it did make sense to me.)
    No insult to you, Cap, but this made my head hurt.
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    All the California drought hype ended with flooding and I had to use the heat 6 days so far this winter in Florida which is already above normal cold days. I believe it was the coldest Christmas in decades.
    Yup. Your climate is changing.

Quick, run for the hills!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst