Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Modern Movies Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    File under "Answers to Questions Nobody Asked":

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...-and-anti-woke
    That it bothers them so much tells you what's truly going on. I don't give a damn how many Brokeback Mountains they make and the number of people that watch that kind of entertainment is just a barometer of our spiritual state as a society. But for the Left, the mere existence of movies like Maverick is intolerable. "This must be stopped!" All while pretending to be the champions of free speech.

LIARS
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Just got back from the new Top Gun movie. Wow. It is the best movie I have ever had the privilege of watching. Just the overall scope of the movie was amazing. Also the movie was perfectly cast. All of the major characters in the movie should be nominated for an Oscar. If we lived in normal world this movie would sweep every category at the Oscars next year.
    Dude, it wasn't all that.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Dude, it wasn't all that.
    I thought it was.
    The adage "steel sharpens steel" comes to mind when watching this film. Put a group of amazing actors together. Let them feed off, push, and get the best out of one another.
    This film should be required viewing for any would be filmmaker.

Why Modern Movies Suck - The Myth Of The "Modern Audience"

Another great vid from the Drinker.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Modern movies suck because Hollywood is morally bankrupt and thinks wokeism is profitable.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Modern movies suck because Hollywood is morally bankrupt and thinks wokeism is profitable.
    It probably is. The banks and Klaus Schwab have deep pockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It probably is. The banks and Klaus Schwab have deep pockets.
    ...and Soros
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Yall are forgetting 2 things...

1- China has heavily invested in Hollywood....

2- China is now the single biggest audience for Hollywood... and the Chinese government has strict propaganda standards about what kind of themes can be shown. Not to mention the average Chinese citizen is not as "literate" as the average westerner at this point in time, so complicated plots and high level literary themes just don't play well over there yet for most of their audiences. Remember most Chinese are only 1 generation, or less, removed from poverty.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Top 5 Woke Hollywood DISASTERS of 2022

Intro: 00:00
    Number 5: 00:28
    Number 4: 05:13
    Number 3: 08:46
    Number 2: 12:56
    Honorable Mentions: 17:42
    Number 1: 20:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYtcqSlOcQ

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-31-2022 at 10:24 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Arrow Why Modern Movies Suck - They Can't Write Men (Part 1)

So, Sylvester Stallone is actually capable of perfect diction, and became a star not in spite of mumbling his lines, but because he mumbled his awful lines.

He's brilliant. It all makes sense now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Why Modern Movies Suck - They Can't Write Men (Part 1)
    Melvin Udall would tell you there's a trick to writing "Men" - you think of a woman, and add reason and accountability

Last edited by Voluntarist; 01-14-2023 at 10:42 AM.

Arrow So This Is WHY Movies Are SH*T Now?! Critical Drinker x Russell Brand

Link

Why Modern Movies Suck - They're Too Expensive
    The budgets for mainstream Hollywood movies have grown so huge that its almost impossible to turn a profit now. But how did this happen? And what impact does it have on the industry?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQgp_sLGjg

Why Audiences Hate Modern Movies | Peter Boghossian & The Critical Drinker
    Scottish author and critic Will Jordan, aka The Critical Drinker, offers biting, insightful, and often hilarious critiques of modern cinematography. His straightforward analysis of plots, characterization, dialogue, and ideological narrative in modern film has earned him over 1.7 million YouTube subscribers. The Critical Drinker is the author of the “Ryan Drake” novel series and co-authored “Deadly Cargo” with James Patterson. He is also Peter’s favorite movie and TV critic.

https://rumble.com/v38c0lh-why-audie...l-drinker.html

Why Modern Movies Suck - Nobody Can Stay Dead!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZRP81gaiM
    {The Critical Drinker | 18 September 2023}

"No one is ever truly gone." Well, that's definitely the mantra for movies these days, where death is treated more like a casual inconvenience than a permanent end for most characters. Join me as I take you on a tour of the worst offenders.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why Modern Movies Suck - The Curse Of Multiverses
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wbze2o3WuY
    {The Critical Drinker | 22 January 2024}

If there's one thing everyone is sick of now, it's multiverses. Instead of an interesting new way to put characters in unexpected situations, they've become a crutch for lazy writing, and it needs to stop.

I was going to call BS on Jurrasic Park. It was released in the summer of 1993. But I googled movies in theaters in October 1994, and supposedly it was. So ok.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I was going to call BS on Jurrasic Park. It was released in the summer of 1993. But I googled movies in theaters in October 1994, and supposedly it was. So ok.
    Movies used to be in theaters for a long time. Now, even if I'm willing to go, by the time I decide to make it out the movie is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Movies used to be in theaters for a long time. Now, even if I'm willing to go, by the time I decide to make it out the movie is long gone.
    Yeah, but there's still something fishy about a movie being in theaters well over a year after it was first released.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Has Hollywood Reached Peak Woke? - Critical Drinker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hyio3O6Jrg
    {Triggernometry | 25 February 2024}

The Critical Drinker reviews, analyses and commentates on various forms of entertainment, primarily movies and TV shows. His YouTube channel @TheCriticalDrinker has nearly 2 million subscribers. Check out our first interview with him here: Critical Drinker: How Politics Ruined Hollywood

00:00 Introduction
    01:16 Is Hollywood Getting More or Less Woke?
    02:09 Have Superhero Movies Run their Course?
    04:58 Barbie & Oppenheimer
    06:27 Barbie's Successful Marketing Campaign
    08:22 Critical Drinker’s Opinion of the Barbie Movie
    10:36 Wokeness in Barbie
    12:38 Barbie's Oscar Nominations
    15:09 Sponsor Message: Galaxy Projectors
    16:35 Discussing Oppenheimer
    20:16 A Universal Theme Devoid of Politics?
    22:23 Are the Oscars Irrelevant?
    26:06 Everyone in LA is Living in a Bubble
    38:32 Diversity in Hollywood
    31:43 The Daily Wire’s 'Terror on the Pairie' Movie
    32:30 Sponsor Message: Manscaped
    34:56 'Lady Ballers' & Its Political Message
    37:33 Do Creatives Just Want Artistic Freedom?
    40:09 Is Tom Cruise a Powerful Force in Hollywood?
    43:34 Death of the Bad Boy Movie Star
    46:10 The Cultural Impact of TV
    48:38 What's the One Thing We're Not Talking About?

The Critical Drinker reviews, analyses and commentates on various forms of entertainment, primarily movies and TV shows. His YouTube channel @TheCriticalDrinker has nearly 2 million subscribers. Check out our first interview with him here: Critical Drinker: How Politics Ruined Hollywood
    Critical Drinker: How Politics Ruined Hollywood
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rAZEvwCLM
    {Triggernometry | 18 July 2022}

The Critical Drinker, aka Will Jordan, is YouTube a movie critic. Check out his channel @TheCriticalDrinker

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12