Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Administration Considers Banning Gas Stoves over Health Concerns

Biden Administration Considers Banning Gas Stoves over Health Concerns

"Senator Cory Booker (D., N.J.) and Representative Don Beyer (D., Va.) wrote a letter to the agency last month urging the commission to address the issue and calling the harmful emissions a “cumulative burden” on black, Latino and low-income households."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...alth-concerns/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "Senator Cory Booker (D., N.J.) and Representative Don Beyer (D., Va.) wrote a letter to the agency last month urging the commission to address the issue and calling the harmful emissions a “cumulative burden” on black, Latino and low-income households."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...alth-concerns/
    Part of the Climate Change cult. They have been trying to get rid of home gas use for years, and are finally making inroads. It's called "electrification". Some cities in California have already banned gas use in new construction. Their next step is to force existing homes to change to all electric. These morons know no bounds, and are devoid of common sense and scientific knowledge.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-09-2023 at 08:19 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Part of the Climate Change cult. They have been trying to get rid of home gas use for years, and are finally making inroads. It's called "electrification". Some cities in California have already banned gas use in new construction. There next step is to force existing homes to change to all electric. These morons know no bounds, and are devoid of common sense and scientific knowledge.

We're full time rv now, if they go after propane as well we will be cooking with charcoal and wood. Save the planet!

At least minorities will be safe from the evils of natural gas...
    "The Patriarch"

The Marxists love the idea of electrifying everything.

The electric grid is easy to control, thus making people easy to control.

No more "prepping"...can't save five gallons of electrons in a jug.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I'm having a hard time following this claim. Do blacks, latinos, and low-income households have inferior lungs? or are they just more susceptible to those pollutants than wealthier white folks?

Regardless, my body, my choice. If AT&T can 5G me from 8 blocks away, I should be able to fry up an omelette on the gas range in my kitchen. Omelettes rule.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Wish I had a gas range.

calling the harmful emissions a “cumulative burden” on black, Latino and low-income households."
    You know, the cumulative burden of being able to cook $#@!.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Marxists love the idea of electrifying everything.

The electric grid is easy to control, thus making people easy to control.

No more "prepping"...can't save five gallons of electrons in a jug.
    Buy gasoline by the 5-gallon jug, and run generators. And when they shut that off, built wood fires under the boughs of pine trees that diffuse the smoke. And when they sniff that out... well, wipe the grease off and...

Never give in. Never let the bastards win.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I'm having a hard time following this claim. Do blacks, latinos, and low-income households have inferior lungs? or are they just more susceptible to those pollutants than wealthier white folks?

Regardless, my body, my choice. If AT&T can 5G me from 8 blocks away, I should be able to fry up an omelette on the gas range in my kitchen. Omelettes rule.
    By this point you know better than to ask these questions. You're a racist not because you hate other races of people but because you oppose the progressive agenda. You're a white supremacist (and I have no idea what "color" you are) because you oppose the progressive agenda. You're a -phobe, not because you hate this or that "group" but because you oppose the progressive agenda. This is marxism masked as a social justice movement. Don't give it credibility by asking questions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You know, the cumulative burden of being able to cook $#@!.
    Shut up, prole!

Just go to the designated automatic food dispenser in the walkable neighborhood to which you have been assigned in your 15-minute city, get your daily ration of crickets and Soylent Green, and give thanks to Party Members Booker and Beyer for their beneficence in providing you with such bounty, you ingrate!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Shut up, prole!

Just go to the designated automatic food dispenser in the walkable neighborhood to which you have been assigned in your 15-minute city, get your daily ration of crickets and Soylent Green, and give thanks to Party Members Booker and Beyer for their beneficence in providing you with such bounty, you ingrate!
    And may the odds be ever in your favor.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Something tells me this ban is going to be forced on us against our will.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Shut up, prole!

I, for one, welcome our new overlords, and love Big Sister.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Shut up, prole!

At least Winston Smith had Victory gin, chocolate and cigarettes.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-09-2023 at 09:55 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Buy gasoline by the 5-gallon jug, and run generators. And when they shut that off, built wood fires under the boughs of pine trees that diffuse the smoke. And when they sniff that out... well, wipe the grease off and...

Let's just get to the "wipe the grease off" part, before it's too late.

Let's just get to the "wipe the grease off" part, before it's too late.
    Careful what we wish for, friend.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And this goes right here...

SoCal Gas Warns Consumers: Massive Gas Bill Increases Coming

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...reases-coming/

JOEL B. POLLAK 9 Jan 2023

SoCal Gas, which supplies natural gas throughout Southern California, warned consumers this weekend that their next bills will be unusually large, blaming what it calls unusually cold winter weather across the nation.

In an email to consumers, the company wrote:

There’s no easy way to put this: January bills are likely to be higher than usual. An unprecedented cold snap across the nation in part has caused natural gas market prices in the West to more than double between December and January – much higher than expected. As a result, SoCalGas residential customers can expect the typical January bill likely to be more than double the typical bill last January, assuming the same amount of natural gas is used.

Natural gas prices have also been exacerbated by other factors. Russia’s war in Ukraine has strained global supplies, and has encouraged the U.S. to prioritize Europe’s natural gas needs. The Biden administration has also taken a negative approach to oil and gas development, shutting down construction of the Keystone XL pipeline and making it more difficult to explore and develop oil resources on federal lands.

California, too, has seen Democrat-run governments discourage the use of natural gas, despite the fact that it is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel, and that its growing adoption in place of coal has allowed the U.S. economy to reduce carbon emissions while still enjoying years of growth.

The state has set a goal of producing 100% of its energy from renewable sources by 2045 — a goal that the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst’s Office says the state will struggle to meet because of a lack of clear plans.

SoCal Gas offered a number of energy-saving tips to consumers to help them lower their gas bills, including an online tool called “ways to save.”

Careful what we wish for, friend.
    I have long considered, and spent many a sleepless night pondering the consequences of what we wish for.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no other viable option left, as this daily dose of Chinese Water Torture Tyranny is insufferable and intolerable.

The Intolerable Acts of 1774, which helped to spark war in 1775, would today be regarded as minor news items of little or no consequence, just the daily administration of government.

A government grown so repressive, so intolerable as to have no other dealings other than immediate separation from it.

Gasoline will be outlawed as well. EV vehicles in California by 2035. That's only 9 years away.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...-cars-by-2035/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Biden Administration Considers Banning Gas Stoves over Health Concerns
    "health concerns" ...

https://twitter.com/SonofHas/status/1612865706550333455

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Electric stoves are stupid to cook on. Can't regulate the heat, and they take forever to warm up.

They said that $#@! about lead in paint, lead in gasoline, cigarette smoke, alcohol for pregnant mothers...and God knows how many horrors that have been banned over the last fifty years.

And in the last fifty years we have been become more sick, more stupid, more drug addled, more afflicted with every sort of allergy and immune disease and have shortened our life spans by years.

Why should I believe these jamokes about this?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Meanwhile here's Jill Biden cooking on a gas stove.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

I guess that explains Joe's "challenged condition".
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

My gas range identifies as solar.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I have long considered, and spent many a sleepless night pondering the consequences of what we wish for.

I have come to the conclusion that there is no other viable option left, as this daily dose of Chinese Water Torture Tyranny is insufferable and intolerable.

The Intolerable Acts of 1774, which helped to spark war in 1775, would today be regarded as minor news items of little or no consequence, just the daily administration of government.

A government grown so repressive, so intolerable as to have no other dealings other than immediate separation from it.

Cops have been waging war upon and killing us for decades. TPTB are also now engaged in a very deliberate act of democide on a worldwide scale. I’d say $#@!’s already started. What was it old Patrick Henry had to say?

“Gentlemen may cry ‘peace!’ Peace!’ but there is no peace. The war has already begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here
    idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at
    the price of chains and slavery? “
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast