Thread: Tom Massie explains why he hasn't voted against McCarthy for Speaker

Tom Massie explains why he hasn't voted against McCarthy for Speaker

He remembers all the tricks he's seen them use in the past. The man is always thinking!
    (Also a comment about Ray Epps and the J6 committee towards the end.)

The Tom Roten Morning Show
    Thomas Massie: Speaker race is good. "We're supposed to debate"
    January 5, 2023 • 25 min
    US Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) discusses the historic effort to elect a new Speaker in the GOP-led House.
    https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-t...?autoplay=true

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think Massie is the best Representative in Congress. He has an older video that explains all the nasty strings attached with Speaker and other positions. Too bad elections are not run like the Speaker situation. It wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of Democrats vote to get McCarthy voted in.

I think nothing less of Massie regardless of which stance he takes on this issue

Who is the best choice? Jim Jordan? Will he get voted in?

Massie is more about wanting to establish the rules governing the house.

It would take a lot more than a speaker vote to rattle my confidence in Massie.

Has anyone listened to the interview?

Massie explains why is is reluctant to join in the dissent. He has been in the center of this before, and due to establishment dirty tricks (by Boehner), they put in a worse candidate then McCarthy. That establishment candidate was Paul Ryan, who proceeded to really consolidate all power in the hands of a few in "leadership".

In short, if McCarthy was not the Speaker, the establishment would no doubt manage to install someone worse than McCarthy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Additionally, Massie fully supports a robust debate about the rules package, and he has been involved in that the whole time, even now working with the holdouts.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Massie explains why is is reluctant to join in the dissent. He has been in the center of this before, and due to establishment dirty tricks (by Boehner), they put in a worse candidate then McCarthy. That establishment candidate was Paul Ryan, who proceeded to really consolidate all power in the hands of a few in "leadership".

In short, if McCarthy was not the Speaker, the establishment would no doubt manage to install someone worse than McCarthy.
    In Justin Amash's recent interview with Glenn Greenwald, Amash also pointed out how disastrous the Ryan speakership was.

It was under Ryan that the practice of party leadership preventing any floor-offered amendments was started - a practice that Pelosi adopted and continued through her speakership, too (of course):

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Not to mention that with the current math any Speaker will be on the knife edge dancing on the head of a pin, so getting them removed would be fairly easy. So anyone who becomes Speaker will not have a very long leash or they get the boot.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not to mention that with the current math any Speaker will be on the knife edge dancing on the head of a pin, so getting them removed would be fairly easy. So anyone who becomes Speaker will not have a very long leash or they get the boot.
    Yeah, which is why the ability to easily call for a no confidence vote to oust a Speaker was so important.

I trust Massie, and know he is doing the smart thing based upon his experience. What I can't stand is the swamp attack dogs (both in and out of Congress) that are attacking the hold outs. It's another instance of the swamp revealing itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In Justin Amash's recent interview with Glenn Greenwald, Amash also pointed out how disastrous the Ryan speakership was.

It was under Ryan that the practice of party leadership preventing any floor-offered amendments was started - a practice that Pelosi adopted and continued through her speakership, too (of course):

LOL Amash reposted that tweet just over ten minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...57768233246724

Or someone the same as McCarthy. Or even marginally better than McCarthy.

Doesn't matter.

But the drama is at least entertaining
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He's making the right noises, at least some of the time...

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...61588375932929

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's making the right noises, at least some of the time...

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...61588375932929
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...45668098932738