Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The War Machine - Anti-War Rally In D.C. (19 February 2023)

Rage Against The War Machine - Anti-War Rally In D.C. (19 February 2023)

A coalition of the Libertarian Party, The People's party, The Mises Caucus and others are planning a anti-war protest.
    Join us at the Lincoln Memorial at 12:30 pm on Sunday, February 19th, on the anniversary of the Ukraine War and President's Day Weekend, to Rage Against the War Machine! Veterans, speakers, rock musicians, comedians, and more. After the rally, we'll march to the White House and deliver our demands to Warmonger-in-Chief Joe Biden. Join us at the Lincoln Memorial at 12:30 pm on Sunday, February 19th, on the anniversary of the Ukraine War and President's Day Weekend, to Rage Against the War Machine! Veterans, speakers, rock musicians, comedians, and more. After the rally, we'll march to the White House and deliver our demands to Warmonger-in-Chief Joe Biden.

OUR DEMANDS

Not One More Penny for War in Ukraine
    Negotiate Peace
    Stop the War Inflation
    Disband NATO
    Global Nuclear De-Escalation

Slash the Pentagon Budget
    Abolish the CIA and Military-Industrial Deep State
    Abolish War and Empire
    Restore Civil Liberties
    Free Julian Assange
    https://rageagainstwar.com/#Coalition

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    A coalition of the Libertarian Party, The People's party, The Mises Caucus and others are planning a anti-war protest.
    Scott Horton and Jimmy Dore have already been confirmed speakers. Let's hope this gains some traction. This could potentially be the last straw to demolish the left/right split and turn it into a us/them split.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Scott Horton and Jimmy Dore have already been confirmed speakers. Let's hope this gains some traction. This could potentially be the last straw to demolish the left/right split and turn it into a us/them split.
    I think it could gain some traction.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Thumbs up Rage Against The War Machine - Anti-War Rally In D.C. On February 19

Ron Paul will be one of the speakers:
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

This is a great "White Pill". I needed that right now.

That speaker list keeps growing! Very impressive since the last time I checked.
    Speakers:
    Jimmy Dore
    Ron Paul
    Tulsi Gabbard
    Dennis Kucinich
    Scott Horton
    Ann Wright
    Chris Hedges
    David Swanson
    Daniel McAdams
    Garland Nixon
    Max Blumenthal
    Anya Parampil
    Supreme
    Jill Stein
    Tara Reade
    Diane Sare
    Scott Ritter
    Kim Iversen
    Jackson Hinkle
    Craig Jardula
    Wyatt Reed

Updated to include:
    Roger Waters
    Tatiana Moroz
    Jordan Page
    Cynthia McKinney
    Gerald Celente
    Dan McKnight
    Dan Cohen
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 02-15-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Scott Ritter
    Unfortunately, some nasty drama has erupted over that guy.

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...51068136427523

[additional matter hidden to save space]

https://twitter.com/RealSpikeCohen/s...69555181838336

[additional matter hidden to save space]

On the other hand, Daniel McAdams (among others) is vehemently defending Ritter and is opposed to excluding him.

https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...83864410685440

And then there are people both inside and outside the anti-war movement who are condemning some of the speakers for being insufficiently critical of Russia (because of course there are). Apparently, it's just not enough simply to be opposed to U.S. involvement - one must also have all the "correct" opinions about Russia as well.

That's in addition to all the regime hacks and/or holier-than-thou virtue signalers who are denouncing the rally for presenting speakers who are "holocaust deniers", "pro-Assad lobbyists", or "anti-trans" (for just a few of a wide variety of such accusations).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watch out for Tulsi. CFR member who scrubbed her membership when it was politically expedient.

And if "Supreme" means Vermin Supreme, for the love of all holy, make sure he doesn't do his boot schtick and actually speaks as he is capable of without the gimmicks. He's a gifted orator when he's not looking like a $#@!in' loon.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-08-2023 at 03:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Right & Left coming together for anti-war equals HOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Unfortunately, some nasty drama has erupted over that guy.
    Oh, FFS. Don't ruin my white pill - lol.

I'm with McAdams on this. The correct response would have been, "yeah, some people are gonna have issues with certain speakers. So, if that's you, don't listen to that speaker. We're not here to coalesce behind anyone or anything except the opposition to this horrendous war escalation." LP MC could have stopped at tweet 3 and left it there. And Spike?? Seriously, the "there's no room in this movement for..." line is virtue-signaling at its finest.

Remember who the target is here. Gotta stop with the circular firing squad.

I'm with McAdams on this. The correct response would have been, "yeah, some people are gonna have issues with certain speakers. So, if that's you, don't listen to that speaker. We're not here to coalesce behind anyone or anything except the opposition to this horrendous war escalation." LP MC could have stopped at tweet 3 and left it there. And Spike?? Seriously, the "there's no room in this movement for..." line is virtue-signaling at its finest.

Nice to have you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Scott Ritter: The Best Speech I Never Gave: Scott Ritter pulls out of the Feb. 19 anti-war rally

Hey, man, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!

Circular firing squad, indeed - apparently, it's now McAdams' turn to be the virtue-signaling drama queen ... *sigh*

(And for the record, I don't have a side in this. I just wish mom and dad would stop fighting.)

https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...08462047674368

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-09-2023 at 11:48 PM.

Circular firing squad, indeed - apparently, it's now McAdams' turn to be the virtue-signaling drama queen ... *sigh*
    Man, and this is what happens. Always.

Somehow, for a very short moment, Ron Paul was able to cut through that. I really hoped the MC could try to "unite the clans" so to speak. This rally was the perfect chance to do that. But they F'd up. And are paying the price. The butthurt is too strong with libertarians. Let's hope they can somehow see the error of what happened here and can pull up on the yolk on this nosedive. Hell, you don't even need to unite the clans, you just need them to stop fighting themselves. That goes for the MC, Spike, McAdams, and anyone else that gets caught up in the drama.

We have bigger enemies.

The butthurt is too strong with libertarians. Let's hope they can somehow see the error of what happened here and can pull up on the yolk on this nosedive.
    Less than 10 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/DanielLMcAdams/s...23219157319700

Less than 10 minutes ago:
    I feel like you're trying to white pill me again.

Good on McAdams! I don't Twitter, but it seems like it fosters over-the-top reactions and bad initial takes. Hopefully, the MC makes a similar mea culpa.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McAdams full on denied that covid was real for well over a year.

He stated that dangerous & false position over & over

Haven't heard an apology

Dude should have a fork in him after that
    Last edited by vita3; 02-12-2023 at 10:55 AM.

Subversion of the Anti-War Movement
    The biggest anti-war event of the past decade is targeted by the establishment and its cohorts.

On February 19th in Washington DC, the Rage Against the War Machine Rally, organized by the Libertarian Mises Caucus and other peace groups, promises to be the biggest anti-war rally in America since the outbreak of the Second Iraq War. The rally has a mix of speakers from across the political spectrum, a coalition of some of the brightest and loudest anti-war speakers in our generation.

Naturally, the proponents and benefactors of the war machine will do anything to stop it.

The event got pushback as soon as it was announced, with claims of it being a pro-war, Putin apologist rally. The Twitter handles associated with the event got bombarded with demands that this-or-that speaker get pulled from the event. Screenshots of tweets from various speakers were passed around as evidence that it’s not really an anti-war rally. After all, if you are against the endless stream of weapons and aid to Ukraine, then that must mean you are enabling the aggressor in their invasion.

To be clear, the event includes people with a pro-Russian tilt, as well as a neutral and pro-Ukrainian tilt. In the complex web of geopolitical events spanning decades, there is bound to be a wide range of perspectives on the origins and nature of the conflicts. There are also going to be incendiary comments coming from controversial speakers that can be cherry picked and used in an unfavorable light. But the event is bigger than that. What unites people at this time exceeds the dogmatic confines of any one speaker or ideology— it is the common cause of world peace.

The critics of the event have overlooked this, willingly or unintentionally, to put pressure on the Libertarian Mises Caucus to cancel certain speakers and break up the event from within. One speaker, Scott Ritter, a former Chief UN weapons inspector, uniquely qualified to speak on the issue of nuclear disarmament, had been invited and uninvited twice before backing out of the event. The backlash comes from some of his comments about the inevitable Ukrainian defeat in this current situation, and his recent charges of unlawful contact with a minor.

The charges come not from children being harmed, but from a fantasy role play in an over-18 online chatroom. Lead Jeffery Epstein researcher Ryan Dawson said on the case: “Pedos 99% of the time have CP on their computer and fit a particular profile. Scott Ritter didn't. It was simple entrapment and also entirely online in role play [with] only adults. That's not a predator. That's a setup.”

The entrapment started when Scott Ritter was one of the loudest voices against the Iraq war before the invasion in 2003. He correctly claimed that Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction. But any good-faith interpretation would not suffice for critics, and the rally came under fire from constant attacks and smears for having such a speaker. The LP and the other organizations in the event caved to pressure from the mob. They released a statement trying to clear up the bad PR from his invitation. Scott Ritter published his speech that he would’ve given on his Substack. It is one of the best speeches I’ve ever read.

Optically, cancelling Ritter is understandable. Event organizers were put in the difficult position of having to choose between eliminating targets on their back or keeping the speakers they had already booked. The mob is unrelenting—they prey on any weakness and infighting, and will not stop until they destroy your event. Bickering among supporters and detractors over the fiasco almost threatened to tear the whole thing apart, also wedging a gap between those hoping to appeal to a wider audiences and those not willing to compromise values. Of course, it’s that very quality of remaining steadfast on core values that gave the many of the speakers and organizations behind this event their appeal in the first place.

The event is subject to big tech censorship as well. Let’s look at the Google algorithms. When you look up the event, the first Google search result is a hit piece. The Black Agenda Report piece titled “Why the Rage Against The War Machine Rally Is #antiwarsowhite”:
    More: https://openbookreport.substack.com/...i-war-movement
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I see they added Roger Waters to the speakers list.... Cool.

Updating the list.

Rage against war machine Ron Paul this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    McAdams full on denied that covid was real for well over a year.

He stated that dangerous & false position over & over

Haven't heard an apology

Dude should have a fork in him after that
    I don't know if I agree with that position, but it wasn't a totally unreasonable opinion to have.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't know if I agree with that position, but it wasn't a totally unreasonable opinion to have.
    It was uninformed & wrong.

Haven’t heard him apologize

... Scott Ritter drama...
    That whole business is especially unfortunate considering Ritter's wealth of knowledge on the subject.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    It was uninformed & wrong.

Haven’t heard him apologize
    Uninformed by what? He didn't believe the government or the medical industrial establishment?

We all agree both of those groups were pushing lies, the only disagreement is to what extent.

People get sick and die all the time. Even when testing became more common, there was a lot of questions surrounding the validity of the tests and what exactly was being tested for.

Have you ever heard of a placebo? Science still can't fully explain why they work sometimes.

What about a nocebo? It's the opposite of a placebo. Tell people there is a deadly pandemic, some people will get sick and might even die.

What about mass formation psychosis? There was certainly one of those going on.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that it was a reasonable opinion to hold.

I tend to believe it was a virus that was created using US funded gain of function research, either in China or Ukraine (or both), and that it was released on purpose. Despite it being gain of function, it had an extremely low fatality rate among the general population, and a bit higher among the elderly and people who are very unhealthy or have comorbidities.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-17-2023 at 10:54 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any feeds?

Never mind it's tomorrow.....

Live stream on YouTube:
    Campaign for Freedom and Prosperity in Bosnia and Herzegovina: http://www.slobodaiprosperitet.com/en & Freedom and Prosperity TV in western Balkans: http://www.slobodaiprosperitet.tv/en

Just said RP soon.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

The rally has been good so far.

jimmy Dore was pretty funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast