Thread: New Zealand goes full Communist GULAG state

New Zealand goes full Communist GULAG state

@idiom

https://twitter.com/i/status/1604160940211306497

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "... or it could be other policies that are interpreted as infringing on rights ..."

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status...33476181508096
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-21-2022 at 11:28 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

How long until the US ends up going the same route?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Sun revolves around the Earth.

When they went to the last guy, I thought that it would be someone who would speak out against it. But the only argument was that it didn't go far enough.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not to hijack this topic but a similar thing has happened in the Netherlands. Where they say that 'anti-government extremists' are now the new danger, potentially more dangerous than muslim terrorists according to security agencies. They do not ask for people to report other people but it's clear that this is about (past) covid measures, freedom of speech and a few other items.

Which newspaper had this headline along the lines of 'Conspiracy theorists turn out to be right more often and that's dangerous." ?

I think it's a new phase as to how idea's are supressed, that's not new, is it ?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    How long until the US ends up going the same route?
    Have you not been paying attention? It's already on the same route, and has been for quite a while now:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Which newspaper had this headline along the lines of 'Conspiracy theorists turn out to be right more often and that's dangerous." ?
    MSM "journalism" is factual without being truthful.

Satire of MSM "journalism" is truthful without being factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I think you're talking about this mock-up satire of a Canadian news site:

You can tell it isn't real because it's a bit too "on the nose" ... (but note that not being real doesn't mean not being true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Not to hijack this topic but a similar thing has happened in the Netherlands. Where they say that 'anti-government extremists' are now the new danger, potentially more dangerous than muslim terrorists according to security agencies. They do not ask for people to report other people but it's clear that this is about (past) covid measures, freedom of speech and a few other items.

I think it's a new phase as to how idea's are supressed, that's not new, is it ?
    That's not a hijack. The people of the world who don't want to leave people alone have united against those who wish to be left alone. There is an old saying that if we don't hang together, we'll be hung separately. I understand the desire for secession, to be left alone, but those of us who want to be left alone need to realize that we're in this together against global tyranny. It's not a random coincidence that communism is spreading all across the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's not a hijack. The people of the world who don't want to leave people alone have united against those who wish to be left alone. There is an old saying that if we don't hang together, we'll be hung separately. I understand the desire for secession, to be left alone, but those of us who want to be left alone need to realize that we're in this together against global tyranny. It's not a random coincidence that communism is spreading all across the world.
    I wish to be left alone but that does not mean I want to be alone. I can live with people and accept some things I do not like about them, by choice... So in that regard I agree with you, we do need to hang together in order to be left alone. Regarding communism, I think that's a side effect a predictable thing to happen, given the circumstances of the past decade or two. People are looking for strong leaders, most people are poor, communists promise walhalla to poor people.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @idiom

https://twitter.com/i/status/1604160940211306497

I'm not the one in a country with black sites and secret courts.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    I'm not the one in a country with black sites and secret courts.
    Dream on.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment