Thread: Oklahoma will become a Democrat (blue) state

Oklahoma will become a Democrat (blue) state

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1600900363128901646

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1600899640626642945
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heh. They have one hell of a long way to go to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?
    Dems cheat.
    Trump stopped them cheating.

A clear case of Liberty preserving authoritarianism.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1600658932460322816
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "It’s a beautifully simple strategy when one thinks about it: get all the Democrats in one area, house them on top of each other in apartment buildings and highrises, and have enough Democratic operatives to round up their ballots and keep them in line."
    However, the premise that Devlin bases that upon in his essay comes a couple of sentences earlier:
    I’m one who believes it should be incredibly hard to vote.
    And how much of the voting public believes the same? Is that the Republican campaign call - we want to make voting difficult? We can't win on ideas so we want to deter impatient voters from voting? Reminds me of the Larry David Superbowl Crypto ad

No King???
    . The people shall have the right to vote.
    Even the stupid ones???
    If the Republicans want to do away with mail-in and remote voting, then the starting point is to fund enough metropolitan polling stations to get lines down to 15 or 20 minutes. But I've yet to hear anyone propose that.

In France, all voting is done in person on a single day (a Sunday), and I believe they require a photo id. Yet no one seems to complain about disenfranchising voters. So, what's different there from the way it is here? Do they have eight-hour waits to vote? They don't have absentee balloting, but they do allow proxy voting (so imagine a single designated Democrat voting for a dozen people who don't want to be bothered with lines).

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    ... Is that the Republican campaign call - we want to make voting difficult? We can't win on ideas so we want to deter impatient voters from voting?
    He probably meant that in terms of today's situation, with ballots mailed out to everyone and their dead mother, anyone can walk in and vote (provisional) with no id, etc. Those methods of "easy voting" are prone to massive fraud.

As far as voting in a larger sense, perhaps more difficult would not be bad. Each household gets a vote, as long as that household is not in debt and not employed by government or dependent on government. It's just a smaller form of representative government where each household agrees on the household vote. But that's just spitballing for fun, and has nothing to do with the article.

If the Republicans want to do away with mail-in and remote voting, then the starting point is to fund enough metropolitan polling stations to get lines down to 15 or 20 minutes. But I've yet to hear anyone propose that.
    Great idea. I have always been opposed to lines on election day, and I have only been in very short lines myself. It used to be you'd go vote in some neighbor's garage down the street, so the number of people at each polling place was pretty small.

Making one area wait in long lines is voter suppression, no doubt about that. It was a terrible thing when it happened in predominantly poor minority neighborhoods, now it's a good thing as long as it happens to predominantly GOP areas.

California elected Reagan as Governor. Changing demographics and cultural norms does have an effect on politics.

Hopefully Indiana doesn't end up going blue again. Watching Obama win Indiana back in 08 was terrible.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.