Thread: What Are 'Rights'? Supremes Take On LGBTQ 'Discrimination'

What Are 'Rights'? Supremes Take On LGBTQ 'Discrimination'

What Are 'Rights'? Supremes Take On LGBTQ 'Discrimination'

The Supreme Court is hearing arguments in a case brought by a Colorado website designer who publicly opposes catering to same-sex marriages. Is the issue group rights, property rights, or freedom of speech vs. compelled speech? Also today: A third Ukraine drone strike inside Russia raises questions about escalation. How much was Washington involved?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know what really will fix the USA? Rolling back civil rights.

$#@!ing lol.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

$#@!ing lol.
    In what part of the video did they talk about that?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post

$#@!ing lol.
    I agree. A lot of "civil rights" are a violation of true rights.

Discrimination laws mainly.

I don't think there's any rights being violated when a gay couple get married, they're just entering into a voluntary contract. The problem is when you use government force. For example a business owner should have the right to hire whoever he wants. Another example would be family insurance policies. It should be up to the business owner whether he offers insurance coverage to a gay employee's spouse.

So let gays get married, but don't force it on the rest of us.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.