Thread: WWIII? Ukraine Should Attack Inside Russia, Says Latvian Foreign Minister

WWIII? Ukraine Should Attack Inside Russia, Says Latvian Foreign Minister

WWIII? Ukraine Should Attack Inside Russia, Says Latvian Foreign Minister

Taking advantage of NATO's defense umbrella, the Latvian Foreign Minister stated yesterday that Ukraine should be free to bomb targets deep inside of Russia, stating that NATO members "should not fear" any escalation. That these weapons are primarily made in the USA apparently means little to little Latvia. Also today: is Poland salivating over western Ukraine? Finally: as Congress races to shovel more money into Ukraine, a new poll shows Americans could not care less.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, WW III, why not
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Russia claims Kyiv hit its air bases, fires more missiles

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...6e3502e16e9ff4

Ukrainian drones struck two air bases deep inside Russian territory, the Kremlin said Monday, shortly before Russian forces unleashed a massive missile barrage in Ukraine that struck homes and buildings and killed civilians.

The unprecedented attack in Russia threatened a major escalation of the nine-month war because it hit an airfield housing bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons. President Vladimir Putin has threatened to use all available means to defend his land, a remark many have interpreted to include nuclear weapons.

Russia has been launching almost weekly bombardments of Ukraine in retaliation for another bold attack — the Oct. 8 truck bombing of a vital bridge linking its mainland to the Crimean Peninsula.

On Monday, Putin tried to show his country could bounce back from that embarrassment by driving a car across the partially repaired bridge. Putin personally opened the 19-kilometer (12-mile) bridge in 2018 as part of an expensive effort to solidify his claim on Crimea, which Russia illegally annexed in 2014.

In Monday’s retaliatory barrage, missiles knocked out basic services in several Ukrainian regions in Moscow’s strategy to inflict more pain just as winter approaches. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said four people were killed in Monday’s barrage.

Ukraine’s air force claimed it shot down more than 60 of the 70 missiles, and Zelenskyy again showed defiance, praising workers who immediately tried to restore power.

“Every downed Russian missile is concrete proof that terror can be defeated,” Zelenskyy said in his nightly address.

Ukraine said early indications showed Russia fired 38 cruise missiles from carriers in the Caspian Sea and from the southern Rostov region. In addition, 22 Kalibr cruise missiles were fired from Russia’s Black Sea fleet, and long-range bombers, fighter jets and guided missiles were also involved, it said.

In the capital of Kyiv, scores of people quickly filled the central Zoloti Vorota metro station after air raid warnings. There were no immediate signs the city or surrounding region had been hit.

Ukrainian media reported explosions south of Kyiv, in Cherkasy, Krivyi Rih and Odesa. Officials said water, electricity and central heating were cut to many parts of Odesa.

“The enemy is again attacking the territory of Ukraine with missiles!” Kyrylo Tymoshenko, the deputy head of the Ukrainian president’s office, wrote on Telegram.

In neighboring Moldova, the Interior Ministry said on its Facebook page that border patrol officers had found a rocket in an orchard near the northern city of Briceni, near the border with Ukraine. A bomb squad went to the scene, but it was not immediately clear when the rocket fell or who fired it.

In detailing the attacks on the air bases, the Russian Defense Ministry said it had shot down two Ukrainian drones. It said three Russian servicemen were killed and four others wounded by debris, and that two aircraft were slightly damaged.

The attacks on the Engels base in the Saratov region on the Volga River and the Dyagilevo base in the Ryazan region in western Russia were part of Ukraine’s efforts to curtail Russia’s long-range bomber force, the ministry said.

The Engels base, located more than 600 kilometers (more than 370 miles) east of the border with Ukraine, houses the Tu-95 and Tu-160 nuclear-capable strategic bombers that have been involved in launching strikes on Ukraine. The Dyagilevo air base, which houses tanker aircraft used to refuel other planes in flight, is about 500 kilometers (over 300 miles) northeast of the Ukrainian border.

The attacks showed the vulnerability of some of Russia’s most strategic military sites, raising questions about the effectiveness of their air defenses if drones could come so close to them.

The ministry didn’t say where the drones had originated, but Russian military bloggers said they likely were launched by Ukrainian scouts.

Russian news agencies earlier had reported explosions at both sites, giving slightly different details than the Defense Ministry on casualties.

Ukraine’s armed forces published a photo purporting to show blood on snow under a military vehicle at one of the air bases. The authenticity of the photo could not be verified.

Zelenskyy’s adviser, Mykhailo Podolyak, trolled the Russians over the drone attack on Engels, stopping short of claiming responsibility.

“If something is launched into other countries’ airspace, sooner or later unknown flying objects will return to departure point,” Podolyak tweeted.

In other developments, Zelenskyy’s office said three rockets hit his hometown of Krivyi Rih in south-central Ukraine, killing a factory worker and injuring three other people. In the northeastern region of Kharkiv, a person was killed in strikes by S-300 missiles on civilian infrastructure in the town of Kupiansk, it said.

The war that began with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24 has displaced millions from their homes, killed and injured tens of thousands of people and shaken the world economy — driving up the price and curtailing the availability of food, fertilizer and fuel that are key exports from Ukraine and Russia.

Western countries on Monday imposed a $60-per-barrel price cap and a ban on some types of Russian oil, part of new measures aimed at stepping up pressure on Moscow over the war.

The Kremlin rejected the move, and Zelenskyy has criticized it as insufficient.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak, in charge of energy, warned Sunday that Russia won’t sell its oil to countries that try to apply the price cap.

“We will only sell oil and oil products to the countries that will work with us on market terms, even if we have to reduce output to some extent,” Novak said.

In another step that took effect Monday, the 27-country European bloc imposed an embargo on Russian oil shipped by sea.

Russia, the world’s No. 2 oil producer, relies on oil and gas to underpin its economy, already under sweeping international sanctions.

These people are so stupid, it defines "infinity".

Let them genocide one another. The world will not miss them.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    These people are so stupid, it defines "infinity".

Let them genocide one another. The world will not miss them.
    Don't forget politicians are just faces. And the other side is smart enough to realise that. Thank god.
    I think that modulates the danger coming from these type of stupid opinions.

In the end, nobody wants to have nuclear war. Or it would already have happened. *knocks on wood*
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Don't forget politicians are just faces. And the other side is smart enough to realise that. Thank god.
    I think that modulates the danger coming from these type of stupid opinions.

In the end, nobody wants to have nuclear war. Or it would already have happened. *knocks on wood*
    While I agree that nobody in fact wants a nuclear war, words have a way of shaping reality.

Consider those two rocket surgeons in NJ some decades ago, one 21 and the other 17, who got to talking about what it would be like to murder someone. I'm sure that when the conversation began neither of them had the least intention of murdering anyone. And yet, as the conversation progressed, their minds changed by mechanisms I've speculated on at some length. The next thing, those two imbeciles ordered a pizza to be delivered to an abandoned house where they laid in wait and shot the delivery man.

My point is that things can get away from us with frightening ease and rapidity, especially when our word choices run afoul of basic sanity. That the idiot Putin seems so casually willing to hint at nuclear exchange could easily obviate the fact that people generally have no interest in engaging in such events. $#@! spirals, which is why in ages past diplomats always chose their words with great care. As many hundreds of millions of lives were lost in the twentieth century, verbal restraint by diplomats likely saved a whole lot more. Words are important; the wrong words can cause the world to blow up, so Vladimir is being not only a real dick here, he's seems to be showing a sissy side. Love them or hate them, one cannot blame the Ukrainians for striking back. Seems Vlad is having piss because of it. Him and the dildo he rode in on.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If the goal is to cause WW3, yes they should do just that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

While I agree that nobody in fact wants a nuclear war, words have a way of shaping reality.

Consider those two rocket surgeons in NJ some decades ago, one 21 and the other 17, who got to talking about what it would be like to murder someone. I'm sure that when the conversation began neither of them had the least intention of murdering anyone. And yet, as the conversation progressed, their minds changed by mechanisms I've speculated on at some length. The next thing, those two imbeciles ordered a pizza to be delivered to an abandoned house where they laid in wait and shot the delivery man.

My point is that things can get away from us with frightening ease and rapidity, especially when our word choices run afoul of basic sanity. That the idiot Putin seems so casually willing to hint at nuclear exchange could easily obviate the fact that people generally have no interest in engaging in such events. $#@! spirals, which is why in ages past diplomats always chose their words with great care. As many hundreds of millions of lives were lost in the twentieth century, verbal restraint by diplomats likely saved a whole lot more. Words are important; the wrong words can cause the world to blow up, so Vladimir is being not only a real dick here, he's seems to be showing a sissy side. Love them or hate them, one cannot blame the Ukrainians for striking back. Seems Vlad is having piss because of it. Him and the dildo he rode in on.
    I don't think we disagree my friend. Thank you for adding further context to my opinion.

Regarding Putin, maybe he's acting like a bitch. Maybe he's made a strategic mistake. Maybe he hasn't; see my 'has Putin won the war' topic.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This guy is an idiot and has no understanding of military tactics or how offensives are conducted.

First. Ukraine doesn't have the ability to invade Russia. If it could, then it would have taken the Crimea back by now. It would be a complete disaster.

Second. One of the few axioms in international politics is no country has ever attacked and invaded a nation with Nuclear Weapons. One guess what happens if foreign Soldier sets foot on US soil? One guess what Russia does if their autonomy of State survival is threatened?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    First. Ukraine doesn't have the ability to [successfully] invade Russia.
    Fixed that fer ye.

Second. One of the few axioms in international politics is no country has ever attacked and invaded a nation with Nuclear Weapons.
    We did so with Japan in '45.

One guess what happens if foreign Soldier sets foot on US soil?
    Biden makes a mad dash for his basement... again, and we all learn Chinese, or Russian... or both.

One guess what Russia does if their autonomy of State survival is threatened?
    Russia's autonomy wasn't threatened. They decided to get stupid, using the internal problems in Ukraine as a most flimsy pretext for a land grab.

But if you're implying that Putin would break out the nukes in such a case, then he is a bigger eediot than even I had imagined, and I've imagined quite a lot.

I will say this: Ukraine had next to no chance of getting into NATO. Imbeciles as the western Europeans may be, I don't think they would have approved Ukrainian membership into NATO. Firstly, they care $#@!-all about Ukraine. Secondly, given point the first, there is little chance they are going to risk getting all blowed-up real good because they admitted Ukraine. Even if the USA were pushing, I am not at all convinced the Euros would have gone for it. Therefore, all Putin probably had to do was make clear that any such move would precipitate the most consequences.

Russia's autonomy wasn't threatened. They decided to get stupid, using the internal problems in Ukraine as a most flimsy pretext for a land grab.
    I dunno, if China overthrew the Mexican government, and began to genocide Americans living in Mexico, and China was arming the Mexicans with long range nuclear-capable missiles, and refused to negotiate or honor its agreements,

I think America would have (justifiably so) done something about it.... and it wouldn't have taken them 8 years to do it.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 12-07-2022 at 06:07 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Fixed that fer ye.

We did so with Japan in '45.

Biden makes a mad dash for his basement... again, and we all learn Chinese, or Russian... or both.

But if you're implying that Putin would break out the nukes in such a case, then he is a bigger eediot than even I had imagined, and I've imagined quite a lot.

I will say this: Ukraine had next to no chance of getting into NATO. Imbeciles as the western Europeans may be, I don't think they would have approved Ukrainian membership into NATO. Firstly, they care $#@!-all about Ukraine. Secondly, given point the first, there is little chance they are going to risk getting all blowed-up real good because they admitted Ukraine. Even if the USA were pushing, I am not at all convinced the Euros would have gone for it. Therefore, all Putin probably had to do was make clear that any such move would precipitate the most consequences.
    Japan did not have nuclear weapons in 1945 nor did they try to invade the US. I have no idea what you are talking about. That's not even applicable in my mind.

The axiom that nuclear deterrent is the Golden Egg of international politics still stands. Which is why N.Korea posesses them, and why the US would never seriously consider invading them. And it's why Iran is trying to get them.

I never said Russian autonomy was threatened. I stated that IF invaded AND their autonomy was threatened, then yes, they would consider and most likely use Nukes.

You can say Putin is crazy as a loon to pull out the Nukes all you want....but the real idiots would be the dumbasses who decided to invade.

Do you really believe that a scenario like Red Dawn happens, and the US just leaves Nukes in the Bull Pin? Nope.
    Last edited by Todd; 12-08-2022 at 06:30 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I dunno, if China overthrew the Mexican government, and began to genocide Americans living in Mexico, and China was arming the Mexicans with long range nuclear-capable missiles, and refused to negotiate or honor its agreements,

I think America would have (justifiably so) done something about it.... and it wouldn't have taken them 8 years to do it.
    Exactly correct. It's almost impossible today to get anyone to see the Geo political nature of Ukraine in similar terms with the US and how we would react. And the most ridiculous thing is they don't have to guess, because you have the Cuban Missile crisis plain as day as an historical anecdote as exactly how the US would react. And let's not forget that invasion and occupation of Cuba was one of the main factors considered. And the Nuclear option was most definitely on the table.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

That's a very big "if".

For one thing, is it established that Ukraine would lob missiles into Russia at America's command? NATO's?

If China were murdering American expats in MX, well that is tough for them. The moment you leave American soil, you assume the risks of leaving American soil. That isn't to say the "government" is not behooved to help you, but only that such help is perforce much diminished in nature and degree from that which it owes you while you remain within the boundaries of America.

I would also point out that Russia made this bed for themselves over the 75 years that those scurrilous cretins wreaked havoc upon not only their own people, but during the forty+ years during which they terrorized, murdered, and brutally oppressed the people of the so-called "bloc" nations. So pardon me if I say "$#@! Russia and the dildos they rode in on". Were Russia to simply die tonight in its sleep, I'd shed no tear. Could say the same for the American "government" as well.

This is no defense of Ukraine, mind you. They are also cretinous vermin whose stoogery has, as you point out, put gasoline on the fire that has helped lead to war. They are both scum and you will have to dance mightily and craftily to convince me otherwise. I don't give a rat's hole if they kill each other, but when they threaten the rest of us with dangerous talk of using nukes, that about tears it for me. I'd now see Russia buried, right along with the rest of the entire Asian and European continents. They are certifiable. The one thing I can say in favor of the Americans is that they are generally too stupid and apathetic to want to get involved in anything so idiotic as such what goes on between the parties in question. Granted, it's a thinly marginal improvement, but given how stoopid the world is these days, one takes his blessings where he may find them, and be thankful regardless of how small they may prove.

But if what you claim is even only partly correct, then a goodly proportion of the blame falls at fedgov feet, may they all rot in hell along with the rest.

I so want to pray for the destruction of the human race, but that small proportion of good people make it impossible for me. I would not see the good consumed with the evil just for the sake of destroying the latter. This is the grand flaw in God's architecture: no sanctity for the good. What the $#@! was he thinking?

As for the real military threat, I cannot quite refute your notion for simple lack of enough information. I would point out, however, that the American camel's nose in the Ukrainian tent is not the same as Chinese troops in MX. Two wholly different scenarios, and I will touch once again on the idea that you would have to demonstrate that the Ukrainians would be stupid enough to follow a US order to toss missiles of any sort into Russia. But if so, then Russia should simply obliterate Ukraine and cut the pussyfooting $#@! in which they have been engaging since last February. If you're going to war, then make a good show of it. Had they put a million or two men into Ukraine and killed everything that moved under its own power on two legs, they would have been done many months ago. If what is said is true, that Russia doesn't give a hoot what the rest of the world thinks, then there would be no reason for them not to do as I suggest here, assuming that the threats were indeed real and not some made up baloney to justify a land grab, or whatever it is that this sordid nonsense is, in actuality.

And so I reiterate my assertion that everyone involved is complete shyte. May God step aside and let them murder each other to the last hell-bound soul.

I dare you to ask me how I REALLY feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Second. One of the few axioms in international politics is no country has ever attacked and invaded a nation with Nuclear Weapons.
    Japan did not have nuclear weapons in 1945 nor did they try to invade the US. I have no idea what you are talking about. That's not even applicable in my mind.
    Ah, I see where I misunderstood. Your statement was semantically vague in its construction. It could be interpreted in at least two wholly different ways. To wit:

"no country has ever attacked a nation by using nuclear weapons", or

"no country has ever attacked a nation who possessed nuclear weapons".

I interpreted you as meaning the former while, I assume, you meant the latter. In this case we were both correct, each working under differing assumptions.

The axiom that nuclear deterrent is the Golden Egg of international politics still stands.
    This is only an assumption. There has been reason to believe that the likes of Russia and China are of the mind that a nuclear war can in fact be won. This is a very dangerous departure from the "west's" assumption that such a war cannot be won. Clearly, the two parties hold widely differing ideas of what it means to "win".

Which is why N.Korea posesses them, and why the US would never seriously consider invading them. And it's why Iran is trying to get them.
    I'm thinking that here you assume more than is reasonable and prudent.

I never said Russian autonomy was threatened.
    Agreed. I was only making the observation.

I stated that IF invaded AND their autonomy was threatened, then yes, they would consider and most likely use Nukes.
    Well enough, but what then do we say about their most unfriendly entry into Ukraine?

You can say Putin is crazy as a loon to pull out the Nukes all you want....but the real idiots would be the dumbasses who decided to invade.
    And with this you make my point about Russia. They are dicks. Always have been, and seems as if they always will be.

Do you really believe that a scenario like Red Dawn happens, and the US just leaves Nukes in the Bull Pin? Nope.
    Once again I shall point out that Russia's so-called "autonomy" was under no threat whatsoever - at least not insofar as publicly available information indicates. And if it were, due to American hanky panky, Russia would have done far better to engage the diplomatic engine ever so publicly. In such a case, the potentially withering light of public scrutiny would have been a fine step to take prior to rolling in the tanks. So either they are congenital idiots, or they are playing with both hands under the table.

Thus far, and until credible information of an additional and damning nature comes to light, the Russians are by far the more guilty of the warring factions.

I would also point out that if Ukraine was hosting bioweapons research and Russia had evidence to suggest that the activities in question would be used to nefarious ends, they should have once again fired up the court of public opinion. Even if the move fails, they can at least rest easy knowing they'd taken that reasonable and prudent measure. As things stand, the Russians look like stooge-penises, and rightly so. And just for the sake of completeness, I will reiterate my disgust with Ukraine, lest you come to feel I'm eager to put the Ukrainian willie between my teeth. I despise them all and equally.

I will touch once again on the idea that you would have to demonstrate that the Ukrainians would be stupid enough to follow a US order to toss missiles of any sort into Russia.
    The situation is actually the reverse. What you should really be asking is, does the US have enough control over Ukraine to prevent them from lobbing missiles into Russia? (and the answer is no)

Because Ukraine is stupid enough to lob missiles into Russia. In fact, they have been, regularly. Border cities in Russia have been intentionally targeted by Ukraine with missiles and numerous Russians -in Russia - have already died. Russia has demonstrated enormous restraint considering these facts.

The only reason that Ukraine hasn't launched missiles further into Russia is because they can't. The US has neutered the weapon systems that have been provided to Ukraine. The HIMARS they've received have been programmed with a line of code that says "short range missiles only".

Keep in mind however that the US isn't the only source of American weaponry. Romania and Poland are chock full of American weapons - and they've got the good $#@!. With all of the money the US has sent to Ukraine, it's not a very far fetch to think that they'd get longer range missile systems by buying off the Romanian or Polish black market.

They managed to get their hands on long range missiles already (link). Whether it was from the US, Romania, or elsewhere, is not known.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 12-08-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The situation is actually the reverse. What you should really be asking is, does the US have enough control over Ukraine to prevent them from lobbing missiles into Russia? (and the answer is no)

Because Ukraine is stupid enough to lob missiles into Russia. In fact, they have been, regularly. Border cities in Russia have been intentionally targeted by Ukraine with missiles and numerous Russians -in Russia - have already died. Russia has demonstrated enormous restraint considering these facts.
    Did the Ukrainians start the shooting war? If no, then given what Russia has done, can you blame them from retaliating?

Keep in mind however that the US isn't the only source of American weaponry. Romania and Poland are chock full of American weapons - and they've got the good $#@!. With all of the money the US has sent to Ukraine, it's not a very far fetch to think that they'd get longer range missile systems by buying off the Romanian or Polish black market.
    The fact that anyone would trust either the Poles or Romanians with such weapons is prima facie proof of raving insanity and depthless corruption. American "government"... there are no words.

Did the Ukrainians start the shooting war? If no, then given what Russia has done, can you blame them from retaliating?
    Not really. They have every right to fight back. But, through their actions (before and after the invasion), they have also given Russia the right to slap them silly for doing so.

The fact that anyone would trust either the Poles or Romanians with such weapons is prima facie proof of raving insanity and depthless corruption. American "government"... there are no words.
    Quite so
    - Kim Kardashian

Not really. They have every right to fight back. But, through their actions (before and after the invasion), they have also given Russia the right to slap them silly for doing so.
    Not sure I'd call it a right. A consequence of war, yes. A right is a just claim. Given Russia's flaw in all this, it would be a stretch for me to accept that Russia can justly claim authority to do as you suggest.

But being as this is war, where no matter how much lipstick we put on that pig, it is still a breach of moral prerogative. What a shame people are such $#@!s... just consider what a great life it could be for very much the most of us, were we to simply stop trying to hard to be douches. For a species so unforgivably lazy as ours, we sure do work exhaustively at being dicks.

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status...55290626097155

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.